Actual NHL Trades -- Discuss 'em in here.

Samson's Flow

WildCard: if Saad gets moved, I am apologizing in advance for pooh-pooing the idea. Never in a kajillion years did I think it would happen.

If their demands for a Sharp trade were too high to get a deal done and that ends up costing them Saad, that's a Boston-Hamilton-esque screw up.

I'm unbelieveably interested in this deal. Mostly because my man crush for Saad, but CBJ as a trade partner blows my mind, and I have no idea what they have that could interest the Hawks that Saad doesn't. Pittsburgh seems much more plausible.

His RFA demands must be very, very high.   

Wonder if this is true

@CraigCustance: Don't believe the Blue Jackets were going to offer sheet Brandon Saad but the threat must have been there from someone.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI traded Saad because he was looking for 6 yrs with AAV of $6.5M. May have been an offer sheet coming tomorrow from a team with those #s.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I like Dano and all, and Anisimov is a nice 3rd liner, but you don't dump a 22 year old 1st liner. And like Dudacek said, this doesn't even help their cap that much. I'd have fire-saled Sharp for a 7th before being forced into this by am offer sheet threat.

Also: this is why you don't pay an average to above average goalie franchise money and why you don't overpay a depth player (Bickell) based on a hot playoff run.

Wow.  I wonder who's the mysterious gunman with these offer sheets (I think there was one rumored in the Dougie Hamilton situation as well). 

In any case, it looks like the offer sheet weapon is getting deployed more freely, which I think is a good thing.

Yeah why wouldn't they, the Hawks, let the sheet come and take the picks versus pieces that they may never use?

Wow.  I wonder who's the mysterious gunman with these offer sheets (I think there was one rumored in the Dougie Hamilton situation as well). 

In any case, it looks like the offer sheet weapon is getting deployed more freely, which I think is a good thing.

Hmmm who has capspace, all their own picks next year and would like to add 22 to 24 yo proven nhlers to their roster?  A mystery indeed. 

Wow. I wonder who's the mysterious gunman with these offer sheets (I think there was one rumored in the Dougie Hamilton situation as well).

A happy side effect of the UFA pool being a smoldering pile of dung, methinks.

Edit: On a very serious note, I think this is a nice demonstration of what happens when you sign contracts under the assumption of regular and large salary cap increases...and then they don't happen. This while thing makes me like the Lehner deal a bunch more because he's cost controlled for four years.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Wonder if this is true

@CraigCustance: Don't believe the Blue Jackets were going to offer sheet Brandon Saad but the threat must have been there from someone.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI traded Saad because he was looking for 6 yrs with AAV of $6.5M. May have been an offer sheet coming tomorrow from a team with those #s.

GMTM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Agent Lewis Gross says there is no contract agreement in place at this point between Brandon Saad and the Jackets.

It makes no sense to trade for him if they're not gonna sign him.    You'd think they would've had some agreement on numbers before executing the trade?

It makes no sense to trade for him if they're not gonna sign him.    You'd think they would've had some agreement on numbers before executing the trade?

They are in a position where they can easily match. And they will if it comes down to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.