Actual NHL Trades -- Discuss 'em in here.

Samson's Flow

The Bruins are in overdrive today and they are not done yet.  I expect Rask to go next.  

And yet so little of it makes sense  :blink:

Would not be surprised, but could see Arizona going for 13, 14, 15 and Subban, Jones or McIntyre. The Coyotes are a young, developing team. Not that Rask is old, but by the time things come together it'd be better for Arizona to have one of the goalies mentioned. It's going to take a lot for the Coyotes to leave the number 3 spot. Boston may want Hanifin that bad. 

Edited by Thanes16

Damn, we're questioning Sweeney and Murray after today's trades.

How about Dean Lombardi?

Never mind the horrible Cap situation.

Two first-round draft picks, Martin Jones, and two prospects

For 16 regular season games from Sekera and a fading UFA-to-be Lucic?

Lucky he can wave his Stanley Cup rings in people's faces.

Absolutely. He's had a rough couple years.

The Bruins are either about to be genius or they are floundering in the breeze. Maybe Buffalo rising scared them crazy?

Still not sure what they are thinking.  I think they over reacted to the cap constraints.  Lucic I get, Hamilton I don't.  If it's a rebuild, you start with Hamilton. 

Hoss, what is your thoughts on the day?

It was fantastic. The two new rides (Brain Drain and Rolling Thunder) are great additions. Wasn't able to get on Superman (or, now, Ride Of Steel) due to technical difficulties. Viper is always a fun little ride.

Oh, wait.

What a fun day. I was going to hold off and wait until I saw the recorded draft but I couldn't stay away. The Bruins got about a third of what they should have for Dougie Hamilton and then passed up on Mathew Barzal THREE TIMES. The Lucic deal was good value. He's scum. Whatever.

Lehner - gave up too much but it's okay. He got the goalie he wanted and I was firmly on the train of getting the goalie he wanted.

O'Reilly - yea. Compher stings more than the others. Zadorov doesn't sting because I know you have to give that type of player to get him. I want an extension to happen quick.

Eichel - haven't watch anything but the announcement yet. I love it. Obviously.

I'm surprised by the Palmieri deal almost as much as any. But he'll die off in New Jersey where they'll be nothing for a while.

Like Edmonton getting Reinhart who New York didn't love.

The Isles stole Barzal at 16. He's the future number two behind Tavares in Brooklyn.

Philly got a steal. Whoever gets Bittner gets a steal. Samsonov to Washington is confusing but he's a few years off anyways.

Worst pick of the day - Guryanov to Dallas at 12.

Best pick outside of the obvious - Barzal at 16, Merkley at 30 to Arizona.

By the way - I LOVE Arizona's jerseys. I know others don't. Their logo is top 3/5. Jerseys are nice. Good stuff.

Robviously Murray is the best.

Would have loved to see Hamilton here after he played for the ice dogs but doubt Boston makes the deal with Buffalo (also would like to see subban the goalie).

So who's left in Boston from the Kessel deal now?

It was fantastic. The two new rides (Brain Drain and Rolling Thunder) are great additions. Wasn't able to get on Superman (or, now, Ride Of Steel) due to technical difficulties. Viper is always a fun little ride.

Oh, wait.

What a fun day. I was going to hold off and wait until I saw the recorded draft but I couldn't stay away. The Bruins got about a third of what they should have for Dougie Hamilton and then passed up on Mathew Barzal THREE TIMES. The Lucic deal was good value. He's scum. Whatever.

Lehner - gave up too much but it's okay. He got the goalie he wanted and I was firmly on the train of getting the goalie he wanted.

O'Reilly - ###### yea. Compher stings more than the others. Zadorov doesn't sting because I know you have to give that type of player to get him. I want an extension to happen quick.

Eichel - haven't watch anything but the announcement yet. I love it. Obviously.

I'm surprised by the Palmieri deal almost as much as any. But he'll die off in New Jersey where they'll be nothing for a while.

Like Edmonton getting Reinhart who New York didn't love.

The Isles stole Barzal at 16. He's the future number two behind Tavares in Brooklyn.

Philly got a steal. Whoever gets Bittner gets a steal. Samsonov to Washington is confusing but he's a few years off anyways.

Worst pick of the day - Guryanov to Dallas at 12.

Best pick outside of the obvious - Barzal at 16, Merkley at 30 to Arizona.

By the way - I LOVE Arizona's jerseys. I know others don't. Their logo is top 3/5. Jerseys are nice. Good stuff.

Robviously Murray is the ###### best.

could have also been nice to see Murray bring reinhart in to play with his brother...

Although the Lucic trade was not a stunner, the Hamilton trade was a surprise. Sweeney met with Hamilton’s agent, J.P. Barry, Wednesday night in Florida, and had made what the general manager termed a “very significant contract offer” to Hamilton, one he believed was in line with comparable players. The Hamilton camp countered with a number that was not in the same region.

“It didn’t lead us to where we thought we’d be able to [sign him] with him being comfortable being part of our group long term, so that sort of changed the course a little bit,” Sweeney said.

If Hamilton signed an offer sheet, Sweeney later added, “We were in a position to be able to react accordingly if we felt that was necessary. I think the more important part was I don’t believe . . . that Dougie would have been comfortable in Boston going forward, long term.”

He seems like the type of player you throw the money at. But I guess they have others to pay as well

Ha Murray's day was similar to the one Kevin Costner had in "Draft Day." At one point he's getting criticized/slammed and the next he's being praised for what he managed to pull off. Murray made it look so easy. 

Exaggerated idea of what things may have been like after Lehner trade 

Exaggerated idea of what things may have bee like after O'Reilly trade

Skip to 2:30ish. 3:10 is where it feels like Murray. 

Edited by Thanes16

Reading the Herald this AM.

So Hamilton was going to get an offer sheet from Edmonton in the 5.5-6.0M range.  The Bruins were low balling him at 3.5M.  So they opted for the trade.

So they got a 1st, 2nd, 2nd instead of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd - makes sense

Weirdly, there was talk Edm offered 16, 33 + 57. which is a better offer imo

Reading the Herald this AM.

So Hamilton was going to get an offer sheet from Edmonton in the 5.5-6.0M range. The Bruins were low balling him at 3.5M. So they opted for the trade.

If they had just traded Lucic and declined to give McQuaid an extension, there would have been no money issues. But hey, whenever you have the chance to choose a 3rd pairing defenseman over a budding franchise defenseman, you just have to do it!

If they had just traded Lucic and declined to give McQuaid an extension, there would have been no money issues. But hey, whenever you have the chance to choose a 3rd pairing defenseman over a budding franchise defenseman, you just have to do it!

Just stupid! How'd they let him go? Looks like Boston is now run by idiots

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.