Actual NHL Trades -- Discuss 'em in here.

Samson's Flow

No, the equation below is the same equation, just expanded.

No, 10x + 4y = 32 would have been the expanded equation.

Discounting the faded r splotch (no idea what the splotch was supposed to be), the 2nd equation is 4y = 32.

So, y=8 and x=0.

No, 10x + 4y = 32 would have been the expanded equation.

Discounting the faded r splotch (no idea what the splotch was supposed to be), the 2nd equation is 4y = 32.

So, y=8 and x=0.

Look again.  The faded splotch is 10x +.  The whole thing reads 10x + 4y = 32.

Look again.  The faded splotch is 10x +.  The whole thing reads 10x + 4y = 32.

Well raise my rent.

I kept freezing the frame when the white board was 1st shown. Sure enough, the r splotch is 10x +.

Well, looks like it's either option 2 or 3. (My money'd be on 3. ;))

Well raise my rent.

I kept freezing the frame when the white board was 1st shown. Sure enough, the r splotch is 10x +.

Well, looks like it's either option 2 or 3. (My money'd be on 3. ;))

Mine too.  Ok.  Enough math.  Let's have some trades.  Dammit, GMs, there are 30 of you.  Get moving.

Well they were looking for a winger, I guess the found one.

The Capitals could be very dangerous next year, though they're really putting 'build from the wings-in' to the test

Nicklas Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetzov say hello.

The additions of Williams and Oshie for practically nothing is impressive.

And I give them a sup-dude-head-bob back. Kuzentzov had a good year, but is still very young and unproven, and they're putting a lot of stock into his continual development and Fehr (who is a good 3rd line center, but in no way a 2nd IMO). But yes, there is no denying Backstrom's skill. Doesn't change the fact that an overwhelming amount of their talent is on the wings. 

I think they're a very good team: they play physical, Ovechkin has become responsible and acts like a Captain now, and Trotz is a very good coach. I would like to see Ovie in a Cup Final sometime in his prime

Edit: 'Overwhelming' is probably a strong term, especially considering the losses of Brouwer and Ward. Still, Oshie and Williams fill those voids very nicely, and cheaply too. 

Edited by WildCard

And I give them a sup-dude-head-bob back. Kuzentzov had a good year, but is still very young and unproven, and they're putting a lot of stock into his continual development and Fehr (who is a good 3rd line center, but in no way a 2nd IMO). But yes, there is no denying Backstrom's skill. Doesn't change the fact that an overwhelming amount of their talent is on the wings.

I think they're a very good team: they play physical, Ovechkin has become responsible and acts like a Captain now, and Trotz is a very good coach. I would like to see Ovie in a Cup Final sometime in his prime

Edit: 'Overwhelming' is probably a strong term, especially considering the losses of Brouwer and Ward. Still, Oshie and Williams fill those voids very nicely, and cheaply too.

An overwhelming amount of the Blackhawks offensive talent is on the wings, too. Nothing beyond Toews.

I don't think they're building from the wings by any stretch. They're comfortable with Backstrom and Kuzy's potential. This trade is an absolute steal. I refuse to say a single bad word about them at this time.

An overwhelming amount of the Blackhawks offensive talent is on the wings, too. Nothing beyond Toews.

I don't think they're building from the wings by any stretch. They're comfortable with Backstrom and Kuzy's potential. This trade is an absolute steal. I refuse to say a single bad word about them at this time.

hqg-300.gif

(No sarcasm, good catch) 

Clearly upped their talent base.

But you need guys like Brouwer and Ward to win in the playoffs and I'm not sure they've got enough of them.

"Practically nothing?" The Caps gave up the better player. Oshie is so overrated it's not funny. Brouwer is bigger, grittier and just as offensively productive as Oshie. The is a horrible deal for the Caps and a great trade for the Blues. Come playoff time I want Troy Brouwer on my wing before TJ Oshie any day & every day.    

The "Concept of Kassian" is strong with this one.

There is a reason that the Canucks sent Kassian AND a pick (not the other way round) (so sorry for "ruining it for you" ;)) to the Habs. They wanted to "get TOUGHER." (Jim Benning's word, not mine.)

Consistency and toughness. 2 things Kassian hasn't brought yet and that's what bumped him off 2 different teams. (Check out Benning's quotes on NHL.com if you don't / can't believe that.) Craig Button was ripping him after the trade for wanting to be a skill guy that's big and NOT using his size. He is "a guy that's easy to play against, EASILY (his emphasis, not mine) taken out of a game." It would appear that this Kassian is not the Kassian you're looking for. :P

Heck, Kassian himself admits that he needs to pick up his game. "Deep down I think I could have gave more and they (the Canucks) knew that."

As stated before, I hope he does figure it out, but I wouldn't want to have any money on it.

I know exactly which Kassian I am looking. He has a lot of work to do to stay healthy and be consistent. Even with the flaws he is the better player and better prospect which is the heart of the argument and it's not even close.  

"Practically nothing?" The Caps gave up the better player. Oshie is so overrated it's not funny. Brouwer is bigger, grittier and just as offensively productive as Oshie. The is a horrible deal for the Caps and a great trade for the Blues. Come playoff time I want Troy Brouwer on my wing before TJ Oshie any day & every day.    

I know exactly which Kassian I am looking. He has a lot of work to do to stay healthy and be consistent. Even with the flaws he is the better player and better prospect which is the heart of the argument and it's not even close.  

60 points vs 40. That's not even close to being the same. Plus Brower only got 3 points in 14 playoff games. And only 19 in almost 80 games. i.e. his playoff production is half compared to his regular season

:w00t:

Dude. You read what you wrote? If so, do you REALLY see this as even remotely worth having a discussion over? You're arguing that Corey stinkin' Tropp is better than Luke friggin' Adam. :lol: (Tropp IS better, gosh darn it! That one is true, but nobody cares. Well Corey's mom probably cares, but not many others do.)

And, a couple of posts ago he was subbing in for a top 6 role and not being out of place, but now he has a lot of work to stay consistent. :wacko: (And, just between us, a BIG part of his problem is, much like CoHo, he HAS been consistent. ;))

It is possible (though not likely), that Kassian will get it. Power forwards take longer to develop oftentimes. MAYBE playing for his dad's favorite team (not his, his dad's) will cause the light bulb to turn on for more than a moment or 2. But I'd hate to have any money riding on it.

:w00t:

Dude. You read what you wrote? If so, do you REALLY see this as even remotely worth having a discussion over? You're arguing that Corey stinkin' Tropp is better than Luke friggin' Adam. :lol: (Tropp IS better, gosh darn it! That one is true, but nobody cares. Well Corey's mom probably cares, but not many others do.)

And, a couple of posts ago he was subbing in for a top 6 role and not being out of place, but now he has a lot of work to stay consistent. :wacko: (And, just between us, a BIG part of his problem is, much like CoHo, he HAS been consistent. ;))

It is possible (though not likely), that Kassian will get it. Power forwards take longer to develop oftentimes. MAYBE playing for his dad's favorite team (not his, his dad's) will cause the light bulb to turn on for more than a moment or 2. But I'd hate to have any money riding on it.

I doubt you have even watched many of Kassian's games so I'll any opinion you have of him with a grain of salt. If you did you would know that Kassian has played real minutes with the Canucks top lines. Consistency and then injuries have slowed his progress. Not sure exactly why you are so confused by this. It's not really difficult to understand. Kassian has the tools to be a much better player than he has shown thus far. It's funny that he has been traded from Brandon Prust. That is career that Kassian can find himself to have. A gritty physical winger like Prust with a much greater offensive upside. That's a pretty nice career. Where you are wrong, yet again, it's not about Tropp and Adam, it's about a player player that has a lot of value in this league and another player in Hodgson with one skate out the door. Sometimes posters are so caught up in whatever it is they do here that they forget this is all about teams and the players that play this game we all love. Maybe concentrating on the players a bit more the "concept" of what is real value would more clear.

I doubt you have even watched many of Kassian's games so I'll any opinion you have of him with a grain of salt. If you did you would know that Kassian has played real minutes with the Canucks top lines. Consistency and then injuries have slowed his progress. Not sure exactly why you are so confused by this. It's not really difficult to understand. Kassian has the tools to be a much better player than he has shown thus far. It's funny that he has been traded from Brandon Prust. That is career that Kassian can find himself to have. A gritty physical winger like Prust with a much greater offensive upside. That's a pretty nice career. Where you are wrong, yet again, it's not about Tropp and Adam, it's about a player player that has a lot of value in this league and another player in Hodgson with one skate out the door. Sometimes posters are so caught up in whatever it is they do here that they forget this is all about teams and the players that play this game we all love. Maybe concentrating on the players a bit more the "concept" of what is real value would more clear.

Of course Kassian has the tools. The ranks of failed NHLers are stuffed to overflow w/ "guys that had the tools." So far, that appears to be the road he's headed. He claims he knows this is a make or break year for him. Hopefully he takes that seriously. Again, I wouldn't want to have money on it.

By any chance were you looking in the mirror when you wrote the bolded? ;)

60 points vs 40. That's not even close to being the same. Plus Brower only got 3 points in 14 playoff games. And only 19 in almost 80 games. i.e. his playoff production is half compared to his regular season

Come playoff time scoring would be nice as an extra benefit but Brouwer brings a lot more to the rink, a lot of the little selfless things that go unnoticed yet are crucial for success. To be accurate Oshie had 55 points last season and Brouwer had 43 points, not quite the 20 point gap you stated and oddly Brouwer did have more goals, 21-19. I'll give that Oshie is the better play maker. I'll give up assists for a few more goals and a greater physical presence especially when I have a team thought to be a Cup contender. Brouwer gives the Blues a lot more of what they need to get out of the first round. The Caps may score  a few more goals overall, as a playoff team  going into a series the Caps have taken a serious hit.     

Of course Kassian has the tools. The ranks of failed NHLers are stuffed to overflow w/ "guys that had the tools." So far, that appears to be the road he's headed. He claims he knows this is a make or break year for him. Hopefully he takes that seriously. Again, I wouldn't want to have money on it.

By any chance were you looking in the mirror when you wrote the bolded? ;)

I am my own greatest critic. One criticism I don't have is not spending enough time looking closer at teams and players. But, you knew that already.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.