Actual NHL Trades -- Discuss 'em in here.

Samson's Flow

@HackswithHaggs: Chatter continues to get louder about Kings and Bruins doing a deal for Lucic that would give B's 13th, 14th & 15th pick in 1st round

The Bruins know they don't have to pick in order right? I can't remember any team having back-to-back-to-back picks...

Jones and 13 to BOS for Lucic

What the is going on today?!?!

Boston has a goalie problem now. Gotta think one of Subban, Rask, or Jones will be dealt; most likely Subban, though if it is the full rebuild they appear to be going through, don't discount a Rask possibility. A team like Dallas would love to have him, or any of them really. 

I'm baffled. The Bruins now need to trade a goalie. The Kings need to dump contracts.

What the hell is the end game here?

Bruins are loading up to take a swing into the top 5?

Not sure what the hell the Kings are doing. Lucic fits their style of play, but he's not the same player he once was. They should've sent Brown the other way

Edited by WildCard

okay so the Bruins and Kings trade... what the ####?  How does acquring Jones and 13 help them?  I mean they traded Lucic which is cap relief but they also traded Hamilton which would have been who you should spend money on.  Is this team just burning it to the ground? 

Bruins are loading up to take a swing into the top 5?

Not sure what the hell the Kings are doing. Lucic fits their style of play, but he's not the same player he once was. They should've sent Brown the other way

Lucic will be fine. The Kings are loading up for another run at a Cup. 

Bruins trade two of their four best assets for futures.

Got good value for Lucic, questionable return on Hamilton.

Sure cleared out cap space, but what WTF is going on?

I couldn't even begin to say. The middle of the draft is going to fly by now. 13, 14, 15 should all be done at once.  

Bruins trade two of their four best assets for futures.

Got good value for Lucic, questionable return on Hamilton.

Sure cleared out cap space, but what WTF is going on?

If the Sabres had traded 21, 31, and 51 for Hamilton, we'd have spent all day high-fiving.  Boston got smoked on that one.

Said it in the other thread, but I feel it bears repeating: Dean Lombardi having a rough couple of years with money management.

I will suggest the Lucic deal probably confirmed the minimum return for O'Reilly.
Similar ages, values and UFA status.

I think O'Reilly is worth more, clearly. Lucic is 4 years older and has shown a decline in performance several seasons running. He's a guy leaving his prime, whereas O'Reilly is entering his.

I'm baffled. The Bruins now need to trade a goalie. The Kings need to dump contracts.
What the hell is the end game here?

That's my question. With reports that Arizona is holding onto #3 now, Boston basically cleared out cap space and added three middling picks and have to hope one of them ends up being as good as Hamilton. I like the Lucic deal for them in isolation, but in totality I have no idea where they're going with this. For LA...yikes. That is one ugly cap and team age combination they've got going.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Said it in the other thread, but I feel it bears repeating: Dean Lombardi having a rough couple of years with money management.

I think O'Reilly is worth more, clearly. Lucic is 4 years older and has shown a decline in performance several seasons running. He's a guy leaving his prime, whereas O'Reilly is entering his.

I thought it was two years older?

I also think O'Reilly is worth more.

A mid-first, emerging NHLer, and depth prospect is now officially RoR's floor.

We'll be extremely lucky if 2016 Buffalo first, Zadorov and Grigorenko gets it done.

I thought it was two years older?

I also think O'Reilly is worth more.

A mid-first, emerging NHLer, and depth prospect is now officially RoR's floor.

We'll be extremely lucky if 2016 Buffalo first, Zadorov and Grigorenko gets it done.

Buffalo first and Grigorenko is all I'd offer. If they take it, fantastic. If not, don't care. Sabres aren't as deep in defenseman as some may think. Plus, Zadorov has a lot of potential. Especially w/ Nolan gone. 

Damn, we're questioning Sweeney and Murray after today's trades.

How about Dean Lombardi?

Never mind the horrible Cap situation.

Two first-round draft picks, Martin Jones, and two prospects

For 16 regular season games from Sekera and a fading UFA-to-be Lucic?

Lucky he can wave his Stanley Cup rings in people's faces.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.