Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

^

never had that issue, myself.

Probably another Windows Phone issue. You would think a company like Microsoft could scale an operating system to work flawlessly on a smaller platform. My phone is two years old this week, so it's time to switch OSs.

Probably another Windows Phone issue. You would think a company like Microsoft could scale an operating system to work flawlessly on a smaller platform. My phone is two years old this week, so it's time to switch OSs.

At least wait till 10 comes out and give it a shot before switching to the dark side.

You got some weird issues. My Nokia Icon always displays the mobile site. I personally don't like the mobile sites of anyone.

At least wait till 10 comes out and give it a shot before switching to the dark side.

You got some weird issues. My Nokia Icon always displays the mobile site. I personally don't like the mobile sites of anyone.

Love the OS. It got shaky toward the end because I never got the push to 8.1 and apps have moved on. But in the end, it's the lack of certain specific apps that dooms the OS to me. I want Strava to record my bicycle rides; instead I have to settle for Endomondo. I want to be able to check in on my American Airlines app that they used to have, but AA stopped supporting it. Facebook changed their API and MS didn't keep in step, so now my contacts don't update anymore. If I could see the improvement in the integration of Windows Phone with the appsphere, I might give it another go. As it is, things aren't getting better, they're getting worse. I really wanted to like Windows Phone, but both the app developers and MS just don't put in the effort.

Edited by Robins Egg

New Buffalo Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner on WGR NOW

Robin Lehner highlights:

The concussion was Lehner's first.  He mentioned he was immature early in his career. He has started working out again and look forward to our opener against Ottawa.  Talked about how doesn't think he is the starter because he needs to earn it, nothing in the league is given to you.

I like this attitude.  No prima donnas (now that Cowardly Horse is gone), just guys that want to work hard.

I like the attitude and hope he lives that mantra, but if he can't beat out Chad Johnson by day 2 that was the worst trade of the Murray era by a country mile.

I like the attitude and hope he lives that mantra, but if he can't beat out Chad Johnson by day 2 that was the worst trade of the Murray era by a country mile.

That, or Johnson was the ultimate sleeper. The point is, even though he is the apparent starter, he takes nothing for granted which I like.

So how much do you think Legwand will contribute?  Veteran leadership, or serious decline?

I like Leggy.  He certainly isn't the player he used to be, but as a veteran 4th line center on a young team (and only 1 year left on his contract) I like the fit.

He is an all-around player who does everything well, but nothing spectacularly.  He played in all situations here in Nashville - power play and penalty kill.  He is surprisingly good on the power player.  Is good at face-offs, hits and takes hits, has size and adequate speed.  He brings a lot of experience and character to the room - not unlike Gionta.  I figure at worst can help teach Samson and Eichel how to play the pivot in the NHL.

That, or Johnson was the ultimate sleeper. The point is, even though he is the apparent starter, he takes nothing for granted which I like.

If Johnson IS the ultimate sleeper then the Lehner trade is nearly as stupid as Muckler's trade for Fuhr and it's still Murray's worst trade by a country mile. No point in giving up 21 if what you need is a backup.

And again, I like the attitude as well.

Just getting to read through this entire thread now. Incredible amount of overreaction in the first few pages. Like, crazy high levels of overreaction. 

This post was a shining beacon, came on page 6:

Aaaaaaaaand I'm over it. 21st is gone. We have our goalie of the now and the future. We're good. Let's go.

People are calming down as the thread goes on, but, the stuff on the first 6 pages was quite entertaining :P

• 7 months later...

So how is everyone feeling about giving up that #1 pick now ? still think we overpaid or glad we have a possible #1 goalie for years to come ?

Still too early for me.  He's played 3 games?  Will wait till March.

Legwand has been better than I expected.  He seems like a perfect fit for veteran happy to do 4th line and stable as opposed to our young Girgs, Eichel, Kane, Foligno, Larrson consistency "find my place" struggles plus Gionta (asking too much of him).  Glad he was thrown in.

I think larsson been doing fine as a 3C, could score more but we can say that about a lot of guys on this team.

I love what Larsson has been doing since being moved to 3C, but he does have to start contributing more offensively to make me feel comfortable with him there long term. 10 points simply doesn't cut it there--really should look for around 25.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.