Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

#Sens are closing in on a deal for Lehner with the Sabres. Expect a No. 1 pick to be part of the trade and perhaps David Legwand.

I really hope we're not giving up a 1st rounder for a goalie...in GMTM we trust..

Knew something would put a dent on Eichel Day. This is a major overpayment. Murray doing business w/ Murray. Must be effecting his ability to think straight. I'm about to puke. 

#Sens are closing in on a deal for Lehner with the Sabres. Expect a No. 1 pick to be part of the trade and perhaps David Legwand.

I really hope we're not giving up a 1st rounder for a goalie...in GMTM we trust..

#21 for a backup goalie and a 34-year-old center who put up Hodgson-esque numbers last year and is due to make $3.5MM this year?  That can't be right.

If the Sabres are taking Legwand, Ottawa needs to be sweetening the pot.

Maybe it's #21 and #31 for #18 (Ottawa's #1), Lehner and Legwand?

This would be a horrible trade if it becomes true. A goalie who won 8 of 24 starts for a playoff team and basically freeing up cap space for Ottawa for the #21 pick in the draft would be a horrible waste of a valuable asset. I wouldn't give anything more than a 3rd round pick and even then I have doubts. 

#21 for a backup goalie and a 34-year-old center who put up Hodgson-esque numbers last year and is due to make $3.5MM this year?  That can't be right.

That trade actually makes some sense.  Ottawa has an internal cap so we help by taking Legwand.  We move up in the draft, get a GT and that is that.

This would be a horrible trade if it becomes true. A goalie who won 8 of 24 starts for a playoff team and basically freeing up cap space for Ottawa for the #21 pick in the draft would be a horrible waste of a valuable asset. I wouldn't give anything more than a 3rd round pick and even then I have doubts. 

Totally agree. The market is flooded right now with overrated backup goalies. Zero reason to pay that high a cost. 

That is actually a really viable trade. But I would also like to know Wookie's proposed trade

That trade actually makes some sense.  Ottawa has an internal cap so we help by taking Legwand.  We move up in the draft, get a GT and that is that.

That is a lot of moving pieces. Maybe coney hot dog or Oreo get included in that deal. Hell,can we trade the Right to Matt Ellis as well. :lol:

Turns it into a 31 for Lehner and movement up in the draft. Like the idea, but have their been any rumors about this type of trade? 

Atrocious.

Given how awful all the rumors are, I'm getting to the point where I'd be thrilled if we made zero trades today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.