Trade: Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo

Mustache of God

I hated the 21 for goalie, but would have been okay with 21 for O'Rielly, and 31 for goalie, in the end I'm delighted.

You always have to see the totality of the day, and yesterday was a great ###### day.

I agree..  Yesterday was a game changer.

Carolina is getting Lack from Vancouver for a 3rd this year and a 7th next year. Makes the Lehner trade sting a bit more. 

That was my original thought, too.  It's ok if Murray paid a little bit of a premium for "his guy" though.  I still look at it as if the team drafted an NHL-ready goalie with the 21st pick.

That was my original thought, too.  It's ok if Murray paid a little bit of a premium for "his guy" though.  I still look at it as if the team drafted an NHL-ready goalie with the 21st pick.

They could have "drafted" a better "NHL-ready goalie" for apparently a fraction of the price. Being "his guy" is what drove the price up for Lehner into the ridiculous IMO, 

They could have "drafted" a better "NHL-ready goalie" for apparently a fraction of the price. Being "his guy" is what drove the price up for Lehner into the ridiculous IMO, 

Yeah, that's my point.  Except I don't think it entered the realm of "the ridiculous."

Edited by Eleven

If Lack only garners a 3rd and a 7th, #21 is ridiculous. 

Someone else getting something nice doesn't make my life any worse, you know?

I actually think the Lack deal is the ridiculous one.  (For Vancouver.)

Edited by Eleven

If Lack only garners a 3rd and a 7th, #21 is ridiculous.

Although it could be said that wins and losses are the only thing that matters – you are failing to account that perhaps there is an attitude or a locker room presence that Murray maybe factoring in.

Someone else getting something nice doesn't make my life any worse, you know?

I actually think the Lack deal is the ridiculous one.  (For Vancouver.)

If you buy a brand new car for $21,000 and your neighbor buys a newer year/model car a day later for $3,700 it wouldn't bother you? 

Edited by DeLuca1967

Although it could be said that wins and losses are the only thing that matters – you are failing to account that perhaps there is an attitude or a locker room presence that Murray maybe factoring in.

The part that will always elude us fans are the intangibles.  The things we can't see..

Edited by wjag

Locker room presence? Didn't Murray just say Lehner's game was effected by not being the #1 goalie? Isn't that pouting? Is that a strong locker room presence? 

If you buy a brand new car for $21,000 and your neighbor buys a newer year/model car a day later for $3,700 it wouldn't bother you? 

Congrats to my neighbor for swindling someone.  It doesn't mean I got a bad deal.

Edited by Eleven

Lack isn't "newer." He's four years older. Less control. They bought a reliable sedan with only a few features and gadgets. We bought a brand new hybrid with plenty of features to explore and unlock.

Of course we could both end up flipping them.

Lack is a ufa after this year and 27 years old. Lehner is only 23, has two more years on his contract and is still an RFA after that year.

All very relevant and salient points in the equation. 

Lack is a ufa after this year and 27 years old. Lehner is only 23, has two more years on his contract and is still an RFA after that year.

Lack is also the better goaltender. Looking at what Murray has built on the forward ranks, Lack would have given the Sabres a better chance to do some serious winning. IMO, we will likely still be looking for a goaltender over the next few years. I have a feeling it is going to mirror what's going on with the Bills and their search for a QB. At this point Lehner is equivalent to Manual. 

Edited by DeLuca1967

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.