How many words does GMTM say before Jack Eichel

LGR4GM

As we all know last year GMTM said "The Buffalo Sabres select Sam Reinhart"  and he was done. 4 words and then Sammy boy

4, just like last year.

I need an intervention of some sort. I spent a full minute trying to figure out why this phrase wasn't being counted as six words, even though the explanation followed.

I was thinking about this the other day. I sorta wonder whether the ownership would ask GM TM to make a little nicer with the league-types. Like, just. a tiny bit. 

So, with that in mind, I am going with a guess of 30 (+2).

No words. He just points to him and gives him the "come here" finger.

This made me chuckle.

It would be amusing if Murray created this long 4-5 minutes speech about something complete random prior to the pick.

Tim Murray's draft speech: "Growing up I always wanted a unicorn.  Not just any unicorn mind you, but a rainbow colored pink fluffy unicorn.  It would carry me here and there during the brief Canadian summer.  We would laugh and play together.  We both would like the same things on our poutine.  Alas my unicorn dream was not meant to be.  I blame a world too afraid of such wonderful creatures. A world that just wasn't ready to frolic in a field of flowers with something so magical.  Since my unicorn dream died I turned my attention to another dream. One that sparkles silver like my unicorns magnificent horn.  That of Lord Stanley's Cup.  I long to drink from that mighty challice the blood of my fallen enemies while I sit in a CHL arena scouting a new player who one day might also touch that cup.  In order for my dream to be fulfilled I must set aside my more humorous nature and become the determined General of a team that sits in disgrace.  The road will be hard and arduous. We will fail at times but like a Phoenix, not the hockey team, we shall rise from the ashes stronger than before.  We will be the mythical unicorn of the NHL.  Magical, powerful, stunning in our championship glory... oh yea Jack get your @ss up here we have work to do."

It would be amusing if Murray created this long 4-5 minutes speech about something complete random prior to the pick.

Tim Murray's draft speech: "Growing up I always wanted a unicorn.  Not just any unicorn mind you, but a rainbow colored pink fluffy unicorn.  It would carry me here and there during the brief Canadian summer.  We would laugh and play together.  We both would like the same things on our poutine.  Alas my unicorn dream was not meant to be.  I blame a world too afraid of such wonderful creatures. A world that just wasn't ready to frolic in a field of flowers with something so magical.  Since my unicorn dream died I turned my attention to another dream. One that sparkles silver like my unicorns magnificent horn.  That of Lord Stanley's Cup.  I long to drink from that mighty challice the blood of my fallen enemies while I sit in a CHL arena scouting a new player who one day might also touch that cup.  In order for my dream to be fulfilled I must set aside my more humorous nature and become the determined General of a team that sits in disgrace.  The road will be hard and arduous. We will fail at times but like a Phoenix, not the hockey team, we shall rise from the ashes stronger than before.  We will be the mythical unicorn of the NHL.  Magical, powerful, stunning in our championship glory... oh yea Jack get your @ss up here we have work to do."

I like this.

I think he goes up to the podium, unzips his pants and flops his ###### out on the stage floor. On it, tattooed in Blue and Gold, is JACK EICHEL.

:lol:

In total, he will utter 4 words.

He will first approach the podium and remove the mike from the holder so it's in his hand.

He will then point to Eichel and utter one word:  "Him."

He will then say: "Konnichi wa, bitzsches," drop the microphone to the floor, and walk off the stage.

Edited by Kruppstahl

Tim Murray's draft speech: "Growing up I always wanted a unicorn. Not just any unicorn mind you, but a rainbow colored pink fluffy unicorn. It would carry me here and there during the brief Canadian summer. We would laugh and play together. We both would like the same things on our poutine. Alas my unicorn dream was not meant to be. I blame a world too afraid of such wonderful creatures. A world that just wasn't ready to frolic in a field of flowers with something so magical. Since my unicorn dream died I turned my attention to another dream. One that sparkles silver like my unicorns magnificent horn. That of Lord Stanley's Cup. I long to drink from that mighty challice the blood of my fallen enemies while I sit in a CHL arena scouting a new player who one day might also touch that cup. In order for my dream to be fulfilled I must set aside my more humorous nature and become the determined General of a team that sits in disgrace. The road will be hard and arduous. We will fail at times but like a Phoenix, not the hockey team, we shall rise from the ashes stronger than before. We will be the mythical unicorn of the NHL. Magical, powerful, stunning in our championship glory... oh yea Jack get your @ss up here we have work to do."

Please send this to Ted Black's mailbox as a request.

He will walk up and say, "Jack Eichel, and that's the bottom line, cause Tim Murray said so." Then he will be tossed two beers which he will open, smash together, then lift above his head, and proceed to chug as half the beer cascades down onto his suit jacket. Eichel will call for a beer and follow suit.

Before leaving the stage he will give Bettman the stone cold stunner.

As fruit of the tank, yeah you all knew we were doing it, the Sabres select, oh hey, thanks for the nice suite, real comfy.. As I was saying, since the lottery was rigged against us and we can't select first and the pick we really wanted is now gone to that tundra wasteland for hockey players and number one picks, oh yea, high Mom, the Sabres have no choice but to pick the consolation prize for making our fans suffer through what can only be described as absymal hockey.  A promise begun by the previous regime and completed by me, the Sabres select the only thing that makes sense..  With the number two pick in the draft, the Sabres would like to thanks the league for jobbing us, but see we knew, I knew who we were getting all along and we now pick...  

Ding ... time... 

The Arizona Coyotes select Jack Eichel

Edited by wjag

He will walk up and say, "Jack Eichel, and that's the bottom line, cause Tim Murray said so." Then he will be tossed two beers which he will open, smash together, then lift above his head, and proceed to chug as half the beer cascades down onto his suit jacket. Eichel will call for a beer and follow suit.

Before leaving the stage he will give Bettman the stone cold stunner.

Something like this, I presume:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.