Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Michael Grabner to Leafs for Taylor Beck, Carter Verhaeghe, Matt Finn, Tom Nilsson and Christopher Gibson

Just broke on twiter from a bunch of the heavy hitters

Garth Snow, ladies and gentlemen!

I recognize Grabner and I think Nilsson, are any of the players notable? Seems like a lot of bodies for one player, but I'm guessing The Leafs win the trade by getting the best player.

I recognize Grabner and I think Nilsson, are any of the players notable? Seems like a lot of bodies for one player, but I'm guessing The Leafs win the trade by getting the best player.

The other players must be prospects.

Are some or all of those prospects under contract? If so, TO may've been looking to reduce its number of contracts too.

Yeah, but you're probably thinking of the Nilsson who was already with the Islanders.  They just added a new younger Nilsson from Toronto who hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.

Yeah, but you're probably thinking of the Nilsson who was already with the Islanders.  They just added a new younger Nilsson from Toronto who hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.

Yep, I was. So a pile of prospects for one NHL player; seems like an interesting way of rebuilding for TO, unless they knew those prospects weren't in the plan.

Yep, I was. So a pile of prospects for one NHL player; seems like an interesting way of rebuilding for TO, unless they knew those prospects weren't in the plan.

It seems an even more interesting way of rebuilding for the Islanders, who DON'T NEED TO REBUILD.

Graber missed 48 games last year and 18 the year before. They have been fine without him on the ice. He makes $5M this season with a $3M cap hit. It made sense to unload him even if none of those prospects are anything special.

Grabner is five years removed from his one and only above average season. Smart move by Garth. Opens up some cap space for deadline moves.

Eh, that stuff is kinda normal in sports though.

For a handful of organizations throughout all of pro sports in America. The Yankees have similar rules.

I just think it's meh. Whatever makes the player feel the best is how I think it should be. It's like his no number 13 superstition.

I wasn't even going to try to figure out what Snow is up to.

So this is a comment on the ESPN article on the Grabner trade:

Will Mansi ·

Wow, 5 players for Grabs, and 3 of them are legit solid prospects. Snow does it again.

I'm confused, "Snow does it again." can be used in a positive manner?