Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Scott Hartnell has waived his no-move clause. Sounds like teams are already getting ready for expansion draft time. He's got three years left on his contract. 

I always liked Hartnell. At 34, his game isn't declining. If anything his production has increased the last 4-5 years. 

Scott Hartnell has waived his no-move clause. Sounds like teams are already getting ready for expansion draft time. He's got three years left on his contract. 

I always liked Hartnell. At 34, his game isn't declining. If anything his production has increased the last 4-5 years. 

His production has remained steady; it has not increased.  Certainly, his goals have decreased.  He's 34.  This is not a smart idea.

His production has remained steady; it has not increased.  Certainly, his goals have decreased.  He's 34.  This is not a smart idea.

Four of his five highest point totals of his career have been in the last six years. 

The only other season you might be able to throw into the equation is 2006-07 when he missed 18 games. 

Four of his five highest point totals of his career have been in the last six years. 

The only other season you might be able to throw into the equation is 2006-07 when he missed 18 games. 

I'd be willing to wager his other stats are much worse, if not at least declining. Unless he's Jagr or Datsyuk, he's on the twighlight of his career at 34

Howe at 51, Gretzky at 18

8Pf1BTVX9VqvyFR5RmTc8munWliqH5zsZVU0lbQx

Edited by WildCard

I'd be willing to wager his other stats are much worse, if not at least declining. Unless he's Jagr or Datsyuk, he's on the twighlight of his career at 34

Hard to believe he's barely 34 and already has 1,100+ games under his belt. 

Puck Daddy reporting that the Blues will hire Mike Yeo as an assistant for the upcoming season and that he will succeed Hitchcock as head coach the season thereafter.

Well, at least that's fitting, if nothing else. The Blues will continue to be boring and under achieving. 

Pretty strange, unless they reeeeally like Yeo, wouldn't it be better to wait and see who is available next offseason?

They wanted someone who would be with the team this year to minimize the effect of Hitchcock being a lame duck.

not sure where to put this but some interesting stuff from the playmate on Kane

https://twitter.com/brotips/status/742393694377136134

Here's a direct link to a screen cap of the lady's (presumably since deleted) Instagram rant:

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/evanderkane.jpg?quality=90&w=650

I won't embed it because it's filled with expletives.

There appears to be little doubt that E. Kane is, at a minimum, an absolutely awful "boyfriend."

Edited by That Aud Smell

Here's a direct link to a screen cap of the lady's (presumably since deleted) Instagram rant:

https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/evanderkane.jpg?quality=90&w=650

I won't embed it because it's filled with expletives.

There appears to be little doubt that E. Kane is, at a minimum, an absolutely awful "boyfriend."

I gotta believe that she is somewhat of a nightmare herself.

Probably my favorite announcer in hockey right now. ###### cancer.

Absolutely. I shouldn't have used the word 'good' to describe him. He's one of the greatest. Very professional and takes his job seriously. Hopefully it's something he can beat, haven't heard any other details. 

Dave Strader diagnosed with cancer. No other details. He's one of the few good announcers left in professional sports. Best of luck.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/13/stars-announcer-dave-strader-diagnosed-with-cancer/

.  He's one of the best.  Goddamn cancer, up for everybody.   Lost a aunt and a cousin to it last year, now my mother has it.   C'mon science, figure it out already.