Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

if those odds are anywhere near reality and the Sabres are bottom of the barrel again, this board's head might explode. The consensus seems to be playoffs or bust this year. 

I'm guardedly optimistic. My head won't explode if the team doesn't make the playoffs. #longview

Not to put too much emphasis on some online bookie's view of the Sabres, but if those odds are anywhere near reality and the Sabres are bottom of the barrel again, this board's head might explode. The consensus seems to be playoffs or bust this year. Is this the season we find out if we're Edmonton East?

It should be the year we find out they aren't. ;)

Even if they unexpectedly deficate in the proverbial bed, realistically it'll take 2 years of that to truly claim that mantle.

But no reason to take the early lines too seriously. Coming out of THE lockout THN had the Canes 29th and the Sabres 26-28th. Could've made some good money if the Vegas lines were remotely comparable.

Not to put too much emphasis on some online bookie's view of the Sabres, but if those odds are anywhere near reality and the Sabres are bottom of the barrel again, this board's head might explode. The consensus seems to be playoffs or bust this year. Is this the season we find out if we're Edmonton East?

Earlier it did seem most around here were saying they were expecting nothing short of playoffs next season, not sure if that is still the case, hasn't been much talk on it lately. I think playoffs are definitely the goal, but we could realistically improve again substantially and come up just short. I'd like to make the playoffs but I don't think it's anything close to a guarantee. 

Earlier it did seem most around here were saying they were expecting nothing short of playoffs next season, not sure if that is still the case, hasn't been much talk on it lately. I think playoffs are definitely the goal, but we could realistically improve again substantially and come up just short. I'd like to make the playoffs but I don't think it's anything close to a guarantee. 

That's where I'm at. If I had $100 that I had to wager, I'd say they're a bubble team next year. Of course, that means they could sneak in. 

It is. I'm putting that out there. But then I have faith in our G, D, F and improvements that GMTM is about to make and that Coach will be doing exactly that this season. Playoffs or bust for me.

The Sabres do not have enough #1 picks to ever be considered that awful.  The Oilers have defined the lowest level of suckitude ever achievable in a major sports program.

That said... if the Sabres are at the bottom again I'm going to check out for a long time.

I would have done it, although I agree Teravainen is overrated.

Hope this means Tim has bigger irons in the fire that precluded him from getting in on this one.

The second line is why I'm glad we didn't do it. I don't think Teravainen is THAT big of an upgrade over current options that we should take on a contract that might limit us this offseason.

I would have done it, although I agree Teravainen is overrated.

Hope this means Tim has bigger irons in the fire that precluded him from getting in on this one.

I'd have loved to add Taravainen. In fact, those are the types of forward acquisitions I'm most interested in.

And Chicago wins again. Guess that means Shaw actually has a shot of staying there then

I'm not sure I'd classify this as winning. Had they not given McGinn...I'm sorry Bickell...that horrid contract, they'd have Taravainen and Shaw.

I'd have loved to add Taravainen. In fact, those are the types of forward acquisitions I'm most interested in.

I'm not sure I'd classify this as winning. Had they not given McGinn...I'm sorry Bickell...that horrid contract, they'd have Taravainen and Shaw.

Young, cheap talent?

To be fair that's what, one deal out of the grand total of 5-something that haven't worked out for them? The managed the damage very well too, especially with Panarin's deal coming up too

It doesn't matter what anyone said. We'll all wait until the holidays to revise and extend our opinions. A lot of master politicians around here (and baiters).

With upside and no long term obligation, yup. Given Murray's comments about teams with cap problems, this is the sort of move I'd have expected him to be in on (and he may have been for all we know).

Anyone else that fits that bill?

It's playoffs or bust for me. For both teams

It doesn't matter what anyone said. We'll all wait until the holidays to revise and extend our opinions. A lot of master politicians around here (and baiters).

Like fans are obliged to stay committed to their expectations. Set them in stone.

To what end? So Team Storm Cloud leaders can smile in self-satisfaction at all the emo-carnage when things don't go as expected?

I don't hold myself out as a pundit or prognosticator. I'm a fan. I want to have fun watching the team. I will set my expectations accordingly. 

Like fans are obliged to stay committed to their expectations. Set them in stone.

To what end? So Team Storm Cloud leaders can smile in self-satisfaction at all the emo-carnage when things don't go as expected?

I don't hold myself out as a pundit or prognosticator. I'm a fan. I want to have fun watching the team. I will set my expectations accordingly. 

That's all fine. And dandy. The problem is denying the previous expectations.