Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Speaking of color schemes I wish the Ducks would go back to the teal and purple. It was unique. I know they wanted to get away from the Disney Ducks but man those Jersey's were fun.

Agreed. They were fun. I remember fun. 

Agreed. They were fun. I remember fun. 

Yea now all the NHL cares about is money money money. That thing with making a team cancel their viewing party really bothers me.

Here is the great Teemu Selanne rocking the classic Mighty Ducks jersey

selanne-ducks.0.jpg

Yea now all the NHL cares about is money money money. That thing with making a team cancel their viewing party really bothers me.

selanne-ducks.0.jpg

Are you saying Stamkos will play elite level to same age as the great Teemu?

color scheme for the stars is fine. That logo is fugly

OpeningNightRoster.jpg

The logo may be ugly, but IF one is calling Dallas by its nickname of "the Big D" then it is one of the very few logos that addresses the team's full name in the logo w/out using multiple letters (aka written words). Big D (city) & star w/in a star w/in a star aka stars (team). Personally, can't stand nearly anything Texas, so #### 'em (but it is a good/appropriate) logo.

(No f'n idea what's up w/ all the aka's in this post. Is what it is. :beer:)

Edited by Taro T

selanne-ducks.0.jpg

Those are so classic 90's. And I don't mean that in a bad way. They are old enough now that they are starting to look vintage. Not relative to the older teams, but classic in their own way, of a newer time.

Plus, they are just really cool looking.

Those are so classic 90's. And I don't mean that in a bad way. They are old enough now that they are starting to look vintage. Not relative to the older teams, but classic in their own way, of a newer time.

Plus, they are just really cool looking.

The whites were ok.

Purple & jade (not teal, "jade" :rolleyes:) was beyond fugly.

FTFY

No. I very carefully chose the word "purple." The direct quote from page 14 of "The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book 1994-95," you know, the 1 that came out after the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's 1st NHL season lists the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim's colors as "Purple, Jade, Silver and White."

So, welcome back, good to have you back, but p### off. :p

Sakic 

:lol:  :lol:

I was wondering why your avatar looked even more familiar today: realized it's because I was enjoying Pacific Rim earlier today. Charlie Day is funny in it.

Love me some Guillermo

My best attempt at remaking the Rangers and Kings into shields:

144.gif71jepx81eqzz1l6q9g1g5j1lh.gif

You schooled the graphic designer. Yuck.

I don't get redesigning of logos and jerseys by fans. I really don't. Then again we all find ways of entertaining ourselves. cough SabreSpace cough. Must be the product we purport to enjoy doesn't really do it for us.

I actually enjoy looking at them. It's a simple little gimmick that always draws a ton of views, but I was poking fun at the concept of redesigning shields into shields. It's also worth noting that the Panthers aren't the first team with a shield logo since so many dissed them for being too soccer-like with their redesign.

This particular redesign was lazy and boring, though. He ignores the point of most logos (like chopping off half of the Devils logo rendering the "NJ" impossible to see and just jamming in each team's actual logo into a shield).

I was wondering why your avatar looked even more familiar today: realized it's because I was enjoying Pacific Rim earlier today. Charlie Day is funny in it.

Love me some Guillermo

Him and Randy from South Park are my favorite characters. My username is inspired from this clip