Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

This explains soooooo much.

yes.  yes it does.

Completely ignoring that this Around the NHL: I agree on Steph Curry. Once you thought every permutation of an NBA player had been seen before along comes Steph Curry. He's easily the greatest shooter of all time and might be the best player with the ball in his hands in NBA history. He can create space if he wants to, can hit it right in your face if he wants to or he can make a ridiculous pass. His shooting form never suffers regardless of whether he's set or running off a screen or falling back... It's unbelievable.

Larry Bird might disagree.

Larry Bird might disagree.

Or Ray Allen

And they'd both be wrong.

On Bird:

Just dropped on @SportsCenter: Steph Curry is on pace to make more 3s in his last 2 seasons than Larry Bird did in his entire 13-yr career.

Even Celtics legend and GM Danny Ainge doesn't disagree...

.@StephenCurry30 has to be the best shooter of all time. The percentages along with the variety and the degree of difficulty separate him.

Edited by Hoss

I would have agreed with you up to last year. Right now the NFL is just putrid television. Baseball is mediocre television, and good during the playoffs. NFL football right now is awful. And I like the sport of football better than the sport of baseball.

I agree. The more college football I witness the more I realize how much better it is than pro's.  Pro football is 6 plays, commercial, 4 plays, review, commercial, review explained, 3 more plays, commercial.  That's every quarter.  I saw a pass interference call last night where the receiver suddenly stopped and the Safety chasing him bumped him, so that was pass interference.  Every 3rd play I feel like someone is called for a penalty and honestly that makes it boring.  Hockey doesn't call anything, Football calls everything.  Sigh.

3's are more prevalent now, are they not, Hoss? 

or Reggie Miller or Jerry West....Curry needs a bigger body of work.

And I agree with this. Let's see if he can do this over 10 years 

I agree. The more college football I witness the more I realize how much better it is than pro's.  Pro football is 6 plays, commercial, 4 plays, review, commercial, review explained, 3 more plays, commercial.  That's every quarter.  I saw a pass interference call last night where the receiver suddenly stopped and the Safety chasing him bumped him, so that was pass interference.  Every 3rd play I feel like someone is called for a penalty and honestly that makes it boring.  Hockey doesn't call anything, Football calls everything.  Sigh.

It's this problem that is killing me with the goal reviews. The play happens, and there's no excitement, just dread as to when I'll see that yellow flag or the camera pans over to the other coach talking to the ref

or Reggie Miller or Jerry West....Curry needs a bigger body of work.

He's played 436 NBA games over six seasons. He's got a pretty big body of work already, and he's only getting better.

3's are more prevalent now, are they not, Hoss? 

Which would make Curry's ability even more impressive, not less, if true.

I don't just like basketball, I love basketball. If Buffalo had a pro team I might be a bigger NBA fan than NHL fan. 

*dives into bunker*

Let's see, yes, right here on the stock ticker, yes,  TBGED stock is down 34 pts in heavy trading since 1 o'clock today. 

Wow. I wished I would have shorted that one. 

:lol:

Edited by X. Benedict