UPDATE: Buyout — Roster review: #19 Cody Hodgson

dudacek

Cody Hodgson  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be done with Cody Hodgson?

• Buy him out now and cut our losses
    • Trade him for another team’s bad contract
    • Play him in the top six to pad his value, then trade him the first chance you get
    • Wipe the slate clean and see what he does under Bylsma

I get the fact that Nolan didn't know how to get the most out of him -- but 13 points in 78 games?  I don't want a guy who lays an egg like that living large on a fat contract on my team.  And while it's possible he could've been rehabilitated to the point where someone would've taken his contract in trade, it's also possible that that plan would've failed, and then you've got a bigger cap hit and a potential locker room problem.

Out with the old.

Darn it. TM just threw away another overvalued asset. TM could have converted him, Lemieux, and Compher into Phil Kessel, but noooooooo, TM gives away too much in every deal. Even those like this that are just with the league itself.

When it comes time to replacd Kane 5-7 years from now, there will not be 1 single tradeable asset left on this team.

/sarcasm

Did we hit all the major points, or were a few missed. ;)

well done

That is officially the last of the slackers, isn't it?

Don't think there is a guy left on the roster who has been accused of not caring.

Exactly.  Numbers (stats) aside, Murray is zeroing in on guys who give 100% on every shift.  O'Reilly, Bogo, Leggy, Kane, etc. all fit that M.O.

Edited by Bulge

Clearly Tim Murray and Darcy Regier have different opinions on hockey players.

Darcy's last big investments were Myers, Leino, Ehrhoff, Hodgson and Ennis.

Should Ennis be nervous?

Ennis was a Murray contract :)

And I think the Ehrhoff thing was over fear of recapture, not a commentary on the player.

Should Ennis be nervous?

There are always outliers.  Ennis would be nervous if DR were still GM.  All that sandpaper in his game, can't have that.  Meanwhile, Murray likes sandpaper in his shorts.

Should Ennis be nervous?

No, I have heard Murray speak highly of Ennis. Bylsma as well, coupled that with Ennis knowing ROR and he is very safe.

He's not being bought out IMO. He's going to be the comeback player of the year. 

(boy this bandwagon is getting awfully lonely :unsure:)

What an idiot...

Bumping Gionta to the fourth for Hodgson sounds like a good way to ###### up the room.

It's done:

Richards (LA), Parenteau (MTL), Fistric (ANA) all clear unconditional waivers. Cody Hodgson (BUF) and Viktor Stalberg (NSH) on unconditional

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Why won't the windows open up here on the 20th floor...?

Welp, I think this is the official nail in the coffin for my Tom Webster contest entry.

Yep, I was doing quite well but my "Hodgson is a top 6 player" prediction may have done me in.

Well Cody sure did make my comments on how he was a better player than Kassian, look foolish now.

While Kassian isn't doing all that much better, he has been a better player at times for the Canucks.

I really thought Hodgson was going to be a solid 2nd line centre but his skating and lack of defensive awareness were too much to overcome seeing he wasn't making it up at the other end of the ice and scoresheet.

He's not a good enough checker to be on a fourth line and with our young centres coming up, that's the best he could be on the team, so it's good to cut the ties and save a few bucks down the road.

He'll get picked up but it won't be for a lot of cash. He's definitely going to have to prove himself or he'll be out of this league in no time. 

I see a good team with talent taking a cheap flyer on him, giving him 2nd or 3rd line minutes.

See ya Coho, love the team, not the player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.