Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

We should use #51 on a GT if we still have it but honestly I am not trading a 1st round pick for someone.  I would rather they use #21 and take whichever goalie Murray thinks is best as opposed to trading for some 26yr+ old backup.

We should use #51 on a GT if we still have it but honestly I am not trading a 1st round pick for someone. I would rather they use #21 and take whichever goalie Murray thinks is best as opposed to trading for some 26yr+ old backup.

Yeap. Nobody here is advocating us using a first for a goalie.

Garrioch warning: he says it's the Sabres number one priority, with quotes from Murray:

Buffalo Sabres No. 1 priority is goaltending http://t.co/lfsndyeDbN #Sens #ottnews

Edited by Hoss

@BDGallof: Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles

Good luck with that.

So in the hypothetical world that would equate to 21st overall, Zemgus, and Compher? Zadorov? Reinhart?  A level prospect is weird but either way in the real world Buffalo is thankfully not in on that. Also how many top 6 forwards are there on entry level deals? 

@BDGallof: Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles

Good luck with that.

If not sure they can get one of those pieces, let alone all three. I mean he's 34, clearly in decline, and they just about have to get rid of him for cap reasons. That's not exactly a strong negotiating position.

I'd really like to see Murray pull in someone like Robin Lehner or Eddie Lack for Buffalo, and a John Gibson or Malcolm Subban for Rochester.

We would be set for the next 10 years. He did say he wanted to find a starter for Buffalo AND Rochester. Well, there they are.

(Or something along those lines...as I highly doubt Gibson OR Subban are available, but that would be my dream scenario...especially Gibson.)

I just want something to happen before the draft. Lol. Anything. Give me something.

Good luck getting that for Sharp, although top six gets thrown around loosely.

I think it's more like a guy who could play in our top six.

Maybe they mean or, not and.

The asking price for a Kessel-level player has been a 1st and two young players/prospects since we got Peca, McKee and Wilson for Mogilny. 

Love to see a hockey trade though — Kessel for O'Reilly or Nash or Josi sounds fun.

I'd really like to see Murray pull in someone like Robin Lehner or Eddie Lack for Buffalo, and a John Gibson or Malcolm Subban for Rochester.

We would be set for the next 10 years. He did say he wanted to find a starter for Buffalo AND Rochester. Well, there they are.

(Or something along those lines...as I highly doubt Gibson OR Subban are available, but that would be my dream scenario...especially Gibson.)

I just want something to happen before the draft. Lol. Anything. Give me something.

Gibson for Rochester?  I'd be shocked if he wasn't full-time with Anaheim next season...maybe even their #1.

Yes, without a second thought. At very least you would need to add next year's first or add Grigs. Though I think Grigs added to that still doesn't get it done.

They won't get all they ask for, as that is absurd. However, I think they could be bargained down to the equivalent of 21st, Grigo, Larsson and maybe something extra (like a Carrier). They wanted a top prospect - that is Grigo, despite his horrible player management/development. Grigo for them would be high risk/high reward, but if he worked out they might be trading a Sharp for 50 points + player and others. They wanted a first, and this gives them that - they won't get much higher really - want top 15 team wants an ageing star? They wanted a young top 6 player - they don't quite get this. But they do get a young third line player, who will probably develop into a player that can swing into the top 6 if needed. Maybe you add a prospect that hasn't done much like Carrier to sweeten the deal

Edited by ThirtyEight

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.