Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I seem to remember GMTM saying a month or 2 ago that he'd like to improve, quit the tank but expects the team to get another top pick next year. Bylsma saying recently that he didn't think picking up 1 piece this year to win a couple of more games was worth it and he wanted to give the young guys PT to see what they have. Neither remark sounds like a Nash trade coming together unless the Rangers are just dumping him and that seems unlikely for a 42G scorer. Just saying........ I just don't see them blowing up the rebuild to get 1 guy. Not at this time, maybe in a year or 2 but not now.

Texas, eh? DFW area?

Well d##ks I guess in Florida we have better cable service. Here I get the nhl network, nbcsn, sun sports network, and the Florida sports network. Sun sports plays all the lightning games which I watch about 90% of. Florida sports plays the Panthers games which I watch some of. Nhl network plays the most of the games the next day so I watched them a few times there and oh yeah nbcsn must of had 10 to 15 games of theirs this year for the late night games. So yeah about 20 to 30 times I saw him play this year. Thanks for playing.

Well d##ks I guess in Florida we have better cable service. Here I get the nhl network, nbcsn, sun sports network, and the Florida sports network. Sun sports plays all the lightning games which I watch about 90% of. Florida sports plays the Panthers games which I watch some of. Nhl network plays the most of the games the next day so I watched them a few times there and oh yeah nbcsn must of had 10 to 15 games of theirs this year for the late night games. So yeah about 20 to 30 times I saw him play this year. Thanks for playing.

Take it easy.  I think most people here get NHLN and NBCSN, and Colorado didn't get much play on those channels this year (looks like 7 national games in total), which gave rise to the questions you were asked.

It's also worth noting that Florida and TB only play Colorado twice each per year.

No need to get hackles up over this.

I'm kinda of shocked Florida and Tampa bay only played them 2x each this year. It seemed like more. I don't know maybe I have some different kind of package, because numerous times this year I asked myself how many Av' s games are they going to play. Also I tend to watch the three next day replays on nhl network. So maybe not 30, but definitely close to 20. Really the overall point is I've seen enough of RoR to not want him on this team.

I'm kinda of shocked Florida and Tampa bay only played them 2x each this year. It seemed like more. I don't know maybe I have some different kind of package, because numerous times this year I asked myself how many Av' s games are they going to play. Also I tend to watch the three next day replays on nhl network. So maybe not 30, but definitely close to 20. Really the overall point is I've seen enough of RoR to not want him on this team.

I doubt most folks would think of that, it'd be nigh-well impossible for you to get 20-30 live Avs games in FL without CI/GC, but watching replays makes sense. Everyone Keep Calm and Keep Going. :)

I doubt most folks would think of that, it'd be nigh-well impossible for you to get 20-30 live Avs games in FL without CI/GC, but watching replays makes sense. Everyone Keep Calm and Keep Going. :)

Lol it's my bad. Nothing gets me fired up more lately than RoR. But being questioned about how many games I actually watched got me going a little bit. In all honesty Hoss is one of my favorite posters, so no anger there. But I do tend to watch most of the replays. Especially after all the RoR talk started I started paying more attention to the Av' s.

Lol it's my bad. Nothing gets me fired up more lately than RoR. But being questioned about how many games I actually watched got me going a little bit. In all honesty Hoss is one of my favorite posters, so no anger there. But I do tend to watch most of the replays. Especially after all the RoR talk started I started paying more attention to the Av' s.

HOss is one of your favorites? That's the stupidest thing ever posted here. :)

In all honesty Hoss is one of my favorite posters, so no anger there.

Wait... What????? Is this the Lie about the Poster Above topic????

Wait.... didn't you just have a Modano avatar pic?? (That's what made me think DFW area.)

Actually I hate the Stars since the Finals but I used the avatar for some reason and was too lazy to change it out until now.

It's getting a bit too big now. Pittsburgh is getting destroyed by giving up Malkin (top ten player), Hornqvist (top six winger) and Maatta (Risto-level prospect) while landing Girardi (solid top-pairing dman), Yandle (solid top-four guy with one year left) and Phaneuf (top four guy with a monstrous contract).

Something like:

NYR get: Malkin, PIT pick or prospect (not a 1st or top prospect)

PIT gets: Kessel, Girardi, Yandle, TOR 2nd

TOR gets: Hornqvist, Kunitz, 1st from NYR, NYR prospect

Where are these picks from NYR coming from? They don't have a first for the next two years, do they? They have no picks left to trade now.

so how about Stlouis, I'd be interested in having him around for 2 years.

i think we got enough big bodies to protect him, ennis and gionta.

Gross. No. Murray said any player he brings in will be in the 25 year old age-range.

We don't need a 40 year old player who is declining, and will want good money.

Actually, the only free agent I want this year is a goalie. Personally I want this team to stay young and develop together as a team. Then when this team is ready to make a playoff run we can start trading for guys like RoR. But for now stay the course and develop our prospects to see where they actually fit with this team going forward.

You want the team to stay young, but you wouldn't add a 23 year old player? Lol, gotcha.

And I'm also curious what Av's games you DID watch, because ROR had 25 points in his last 27 games.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475158&season=20142015&view=gamelog

Oshie, on the other hand, had 22 points in his last 28 games, on a much better team...he's also 5 years old.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471698&season=20142015&view=gamelog

Edited by Bob Malooga

Actually if Hodgson is being bought out, grigs going to KHL, Stlouis would make perfect sense to us.

Slot him into the top 6 for 1-2 years, Kane - Eichel - Zemgus - Samson can learn alot from him.

Kane - Eichel - Ennis

Moulson - Reinhart - ?

Foligno - Girgensons - Gionta

Deslauriers - Larsson - Kaleta

I don't see where he fits in. I do not want him in the top-6, especially if we CAN get a O'Reilly, Toffoli, Saad, or even an Oshie.

Why do you think a team like the Tampa Bay Lightning, who are so young, got rid of Martin St. Louis? His attitude sucks and he's selfish.

And why would he want to go somewhere and be a mentor for the last 1-2-3 years of his career? It makes absolutely zero sense, at all, for either side.

They will and have learned more from Brian Gionta, than they could EVER learn from Marty St. Louis.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Has anyone else noticed how teams who struggle to keep their stars by paying massive contracts throughout the back half of their careers typically fall hard from grace in the salary cap era?

Boston, LA, Pittsburgh, to a lesser extent San Jose and Vancouver.

You might call Chicago the exception, but we'll see what happens with the new Kane and Toews contracts.

GMs must have noticed the trend and I wonder who will be the first to buck it by auctioning off a key UFA to be.

Tampa and Stamkos?

Has anyone else noticed how teams who struggle to keep their stars by paying massive contracts throughout the back half of their careers typically fall hard from grace in the salary cap era?

Boston, LA, Pittsburgh, to a lesser extent San Jose and Vancouver.

You might call Chicago the exception, but we'll see what happens with the new Kane and Toews contracts.

GMs must have noticed the trend and I wonder who will be the first to buck it by auctioning off a key UFA to be.

Tampa and Stamkos?

I think Chicago is proving just the opposite. They kept the right guys, changed their complimentary pieces and are 1 game away from their third Cup in six years. And I would hardly say LA is falling hard and their main problem isn't what the stars are making but rather what some of their complimentary pieces are making. Edited by tom webster

I think Chicago is proving just the opposite. They kept the right guys, changed their complimentary pieces and are 1 game away from their third Cup in six years. And I would hardly say LA is falling hard and their main problem isn't what the stars are making but rather what some of their complimentary pieces are making.

LA is falling hard. Brown and Richards are massive, massive wastes of cap space. They need to pay Toffoli this year, and Kopitar next year. Throw in the fact that they need to dump Richards and Brown (good luck there) not only for cap reasons but because they're abysmal offensively, and they're kinda screwed.   

I think Chicago is proving just the opposite. They kept the right guys, changed their complimentary pieces and are 1 game away from their third Cup in six years. And I would hardly say LA is falling hard and their main problem isn't what the stars are making but rather what some of their complimentary pieces are making.

I think the key part of Dudacek's point was about big contracts for fading stars. While I agree Chicago has done a great job choosing which players to keep to this point, I don't think what Dudacek said applies to them yet because Kane and Toews are still in their prime and to this point have been on very manageable contracts. I'll be curious to see what that team looks like when those guys are on the wrong side of 30 and taking up 25%-30% of the cap.

I don't know what's more unlikely: Murray trading a load of assets for a winger on the wrong side of 30 or said winger waiving his NMC to go from a conference finalist to a team that finished with less than 60 points two years in a row.

I don't think this one adds up. (Thankfully - meaning I agree with you)

Edited by X. Benedict

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.