Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Chris Tanev is a good hockey player. We'd be lucky to have him if Kane is all it cost us.

no Tanev is a decent hockey player. Kane is a good hockey player no matter how much we dislike him. Kane has more value than Tanev. 

Edited by LGR4GM

How did we, in the collective sense and not you exclusively, go from Evander Kane is exactly the player the Sabres need, to him being Drew Stafford 2.0?

For me, it's simple: the player I thought he was isn't the player he is. I thought we were getting a legit top-6 and probably 1st line power forward who drives possession, can score 30, and who would be a great running mate for one of your centers. What I got was a guy who has no hockey sense and an incredibly inaccurate shot, and makes the players he plays with worse.

Honestly can't remember ever being so disappointed in an acquisition.

Chris Tanev is a good hockey player. We'd be lucky to have him if Kane is all it cost us.

Getting Tanev for Kane would be a coup.

no Tanev is a decent hockey player. Kane is a good hockey player no matter how much we dislike him. Kane has more value than Tanev.

You're just wrong. Sorry.

Getting Tanev for Kane would be a coup.

Thank you. I watched Tanev single handedly carry my RIT Tigers to the Frozen Four. He's very good. Vancouver got a steal when they signed him. I've always been mad the Sabres didn't take him.

You're just wrong. Sorry.

Thank you. I watched Tanev single handedly carry my RIT Tigers to the Frozen Four. He's very good. Vancouver got a steal when they signed him. I've always been mad the Sabres didn't take him.

No, I disagree with you. Disagreement doesn't make me more right or more wrong than you. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Its also about the cap, if we move out Kane, Tanev or Burrows will have to be taken back salary wise.

Maybe they'll add a prospect like Virtanen who seems a bit of a bust.   But can't see us getting anything more for kane.

I'd do Tanev and Virtanen for Kane fo' sho'

Edited by sabills

I wouldn't mind getting Tanev. He is supposed to be a smart, positional oriented D who can get the puck out of the zone. He isn't physical and I don't know about his skating. He certainly can't be worse then what we have now.

Virtanen was a 6th overall pick in 2014. He is a RW. He is big and plays physically. What I don't know is how well he skates.

Considering our issues on D and Kane's overall issues, if we can get these two guys for him and clear his salary of the books, I'd be thrilled.

Keep wishing dreamers. E Kane ain't going anywhere at this point in time.

Probably true. Murray seemingly likes him more than we do, and he's not going to admit a mistake without saving face in a deal that is probably asking for more than will be offered by any team. Murray will have to take a slight value hit in a Kane trade, I'm betting, or he's staying. We need a shake up to bolster our season and it's probably not going to happen.

Vancouver will take Kane if the Sabres can get the right offer. 

Vancouver needs a scorer and will try and hope that the local kid will blossom here. 

The Sabres are getting offers but not to their liking.

If the Canucks offer up one of their defeneman that can play it could happen. Tanev, not a chance. Edler, nope. Gudbranson may be a player Buffalo would take. Lucas Sbisa is another. But dream on if you think Tanev gets moved. There isn't a chance that happens. He's their best d man and he ain't going anywhere.

As for a forward I doubt Vancouver gives up on Virtanen just yet. So not sure which skater would make them happy. But I do believe Vancouver and Buffalo make a deal for Kane. Just when and who is the question. They move the coach out before Virtanen. Vancouver wants Kane to play with him. 

Edited by rickshaw

Vancouver needs a scorer and will try and hope that the local kid will blossom here. 

If the Canucks offer up one of their defeneman that can play it could happen. Tanev, not a chance. Edler, nope. Gudbranson may be a player Buffalo would take. Lucas Sbisa is another. But dream on if you think Tanev gets moved. There isn't a chance that happens. He's their best d man and he ain't going anywhere.

As for a forward I doubt Vancouver gives up on Virtanen just yet. So not sure which skater would make them happy. But I do believe Vancouver and Buffalo make a deal for Kane. Just when and who is the question. They move the coach out before Virtanen. Vancouver wants Kane to play with him.

Lucky Virtanen. :p

Thanks for the take Rick. :thumbsup:

Then I don't think there's a deal to be made. Neither Sbisa nor Gudbranson help the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.