Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Yeah - probably pick #8.  Hopefully a trade too:  fowler for gergs and a third (a second if we must)

i'm seeing a pretty wide range of valuations on this board in re a trade for fowler. this proposal above seems like a deal that should have been done yesterday, were it on the table.

isn't it the case, though, that our #8 pick would have to be involved in order to get fowler? GM TM seemed to intimate as much yesterday.

Yeah - probably pick #8.  Hopefully a trade too:  fowler for gergs and a third (a second if we must)

That's a really interesting trade. Likely would take the 2nd rounder to complete. If the Ducks are looking to clear some cap space and bring in a top tier free agent, I wonder if they would include a player like Silfverberg in a bigger deal.   

Harrington suggested 8th and Girgs to Anaheim for Cam Fowler and 24th or 30th.

Also the rumored asking price for Yakupov is a 2nd or 3th, interested for a year at that price?

Whatever a 3th is I still wouldn't trade it for Yakupov. :p

And I'm close to saying yes to Fowler and 24 for 8 and Girgs. Has to be 24, not 30.

I'd do Girgs and 8 for Lindholm and a mid-round pick.

Edited by Hoss

Also the rumored asking price for Yakupov is a 2nd or 3th, interested for a year at that price?

Yes to the first, hell no to the second. Also, with the first deal, I package that 24th and some other picks to move up and get Keller. That would be a perfect draft for me

Wouldn't we all.

I'm pretty confident Lindholm would cost Reinhart. He's much better than Risto right now with a similar ceiling and is still very young, 22 maybe?

I'm confident that it would take Reinhart, too. It's probably going to cost far more than we would want to give. I would give far more than I suggested there, but I was drawing off Harrington's suggestion.

Yes please for Yakupov!

Let me rephrase, a third for Yakupov. Very little risk with high reward. Sabres have 3 3rd rounders right? 

Whatever a 3th is I still wouldn't trade it for Yakupov. :P

And I'm close to saying yes to Fowler and 24 for 8 and Girgs. Has to be 24, not 30.

If push comes to shove you'd be crazy to walk away over the difference between 24 and 30 so I say you would in fact do it.

I don't think Girgs and 8 gets you Lindholm and mid. I don't think it gets you Lindholm. Maybe if you add an Ennis into the mix it flys but I don't think Lindholm is on the market. 

Would do it if you were them?

Whatever a 3th is I still wouldn't trade it for Yakupov. :P

I'll do 8 for Fowler straight up.

I'm not interested in trading Girgensons for a late first-round pick.

If push comes to shove you'd be crazy to walk away over the difference between 24 and 30 so I say you would in fact do it.

I don't think Girgs and 8 gets you Lindholm and mid. I don't think it gets you Lindholm. Maybe if you add an Ennis into the mix it flys but I don't think Lindholm is on the market. 

Would do it if you were them?

Lindholm is exactly what the team needs. young Offensive capable smart left handed D man that can play solid D and is improving in that area.

To me Hampus is the trade we need to make. He is prime to make the graduation from AHL to NHL

Edited by ddaryl

In GMTM I trust. Whether it's signing journeymen to fill out the roster or trading for a bottom pair D, he'll do something. Ristolainen, Bogo, McCabe and Pysyk isn't the worst top 4 I've heard of but I still think Murray makes an upgrade or two.

It would be a poor top 4 because none of Risto, Bogo, or Pysyk has shown an adequate ability to perform up to their potential on the left side. Truly think we need an add for the top 4.

Yes to the first, hell no to the second. Also, with the first deal, I package that 24th and some other picks to move up and get Keller. That would be a perfect draft for me

This sounds good, I like this.

I'm confident that it would take Reinhart, too. It's probably going to cost far more than we would want to give. I would give far more than I suggested there, but I was drawing off Harrington's suggestion.

If it's going to cost Reinhart, then it's a no. Getting Fowler would be the better play, when it's not going to cost the #1 forward taken in the 2014 draft.

Lindholm is exactly what the team needs. young Offensive capable smart left handed D man that can play solid D and is improving in that area.

To me Hampus is the trade we need to make. He is prime to make the graduation from AHL to NHL

I agree but it's for those very reasons that I can't see them parting with him for anything we'd be willing to do.

I'd do Eichel for Subban and nine, move Reinhart to centre where he belongs, then draft Jost to get mentored behind Stamkos after I take Juolevi at eight.

But I'd make sure I signed Vesey first.

Stopped by to see what was up...nice to see people completely losing their damn minds! Holy crap, get off the crack pipe.

That's as bad as "SabresNoise" trying to trade everyone on the team, saying trading for Vesey's rights are a mistake and a bunch of other nonsensical garbage.

Not sure why we can't just add to what we have and actually build a team, instead of opening up holes to fill other holes...can't wait for this to be over so the lunacy can come to an end, this is absurd.

what do you think it will take ?

Our #8 Grigs and Ennis maybe a 3rd .. just throwing darts

What exactly do the Ducks want in Zemgus Girgensons and Tyler Ennis? Nobody wants them, especially for a 23 year old top-pairing LHD.

Might as well trade Guhle and Borgen and McCabe, since there won't be any room for them with all these LHD people want to bring in.

Edited by Bob Malooga

I don't have any confirmation or any good source I trust via the twitter but there are other sources that are hinting at a Fowler to Buffalo deal being almost completed. 

Yeah, I think its gotta be Fowler. Lindholm would be beautiful, I just can't see it happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.