Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

8, McCabe, Kane and a second next year.

Note that is Lindolm we're talking about.

Lindholm. Who I don't believe they have ANY interest in parting with.

This seems maybe fair for Lindholm. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't do that, no. 

Upgrading that to I definitely would.

Why Kane?

You hafta give up something to get something. I think trading Kane now leaves a huge hole in our forward ranks (which would be somewhat mitigated if we sign Vesey and IF he lives up to the billing of a good power forward), but would be definitely worth it for the long term benefit of having Risto and Lindholm anchoring our D for the next 5 years.

Kane is the least important of our talented forwards. O'Reilly, Eichel, Samson, and Stamkos are the important ones.

(All this said, I agree the Ducks ain't moving Lindholm)

Edited by qwksndmonster

Upgrading that to I definitely would.

You hafta give up something to get something. I think trading Kane now leaves a huge hole in our forward ranks (which would be somewhat mitigated if we sign Vesey and IF he lives up to the billing of a good power forward), but would be definitely worth it for the long term benefit of having Risto and Lindholm anchoring our D for the next 5 years.

Kane is the least important of our talented forwards. O'Reilly, Eichel, Samson, and Stamkos are the important ones.

(All this said, I agree the Ducks ain't moving Lindholm)

Steven Stamkos is not a Buffalo Sabre. 

thanks mr lebowski

Let's pretend that I didn't actually believe Stamkos was already a Sabre. O'Reilly, Eichel, and Samson are still the forwards to build around. Trading Kane + 8 (+perhaps more) for elite help on D makes our team better now and in the future, I believe. The forward ranks can be balanced with other trades.

Question, do you truly view Fowler as a first pair defensemen?  I see someone who is good at picking up the pace and making an inlet pass.  But, he's not a complete defensemen and by virtue we're getting ripped off for a top ten pick.

He is in a group that would have to be considered for, but not necessarily on, the list of the top 50 defencemen in the game.

But since there are so few real number ones that makes him almost by definition a 2/3.

Seriously, who has a real 1/2? Weber/Josi, Burns/Vlasic, does Keith/Seabrook still qualify?

Fowler is a more than adequate partner for Risto. I think Risto will keep improving and Fowler will mostly be riding shotgun, which is worlds better than Gorges.

I don't know if they're going to be our #1 pair when we're contending for a cup, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

This is realistic. In a perfect world, He's Muzzin to Risto's Doughty, and it's Risto who has to make up the shortfall.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.