Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

GMTM hates Russians so let's stop with the Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Nikushkin bs. :)

You're far from the only one who's mentioned this theory, but in any case I'm not aware of any factual basis for it. 

If the basis is the fact that he traded Griggy and Zadorov -- I don't think that provides much supportas they were both underachievers and in any case ROR was well worth it.

I believe the anti-Russian thing came with him from Ottawa. It was pretty much accepted as fact by their fan base and if you look at his draft record, it seems to bear that out. (even though it was technically Uncle Bryan)

Anyone would give Yak a shot, they just wouldn't give up much for a chance.

Edited by dudacek

Dude, Galchenyuk is from Milwaukee.

But then so was Stafford. Maybe GMTM hates Cheeseheads.

Yeah anyone notice the little smiley emoticon after my post? :unsure:

While I was certainly making funsies, the theory that GMTM hates russians is out there. Hence, my sarcastic post about him hating Russians.

You're far from the only one who's mentioned this theory, but in any case I'm not aware of any factual basis for it. 

If the basis is the fact that he traded Griggy and Zadorov -- I don't think that provides much supportas they were both underachievers and in any case ROR was well worth it.

r439cr9.jpguTFeMQB.jpg

Yeah anyone notice the little smiley emoticon after my post? :unsure:

While I was certainly making funsies, the theory that GMTM hates russians is out there. Hence, my sarcastic post about him hating Russians.

Hey, cut me some slack, I haven't been around much! Your high-level sarcasm was lost on me. I think because you snuck Galchenyuk in the middle. Subtle. I would have put him last. 

I don't know that he HATES them, but I agree I have heard he doesn't prefer Russians. 

Hey, cut me some slack, I haven't been around much! Your high-level sarcasm was lost on me. I think because you snuck Galchenyuk in the middle. Subtle. I would have put him last. 

I don't know that he HATES them, but I agree I have heard he doesn't prefer Russians. 

I remember hearing he didn't like the idea of picking a Russian when they could bolt for mother Russia and it would mean the loss of the pick/player.

With Kovalchuk threatening to back out of another contract and NJ seemingly wanting nothing to do with him, would anyone throw a second at them? Kovalchuk has certainly taken a step this season, but he could certainly fit into Jack's RW* for a few years. From what I was reading yesterday he could come in without approval from all of the GMs. He'll be 33 at the start of next season.

*Too bad he plays LW**, not sure why I thought otherwise

**Checked to see if he was right handed and just played the opposite wing and site I checked had him at RW. He's a righty regardless

Edited by IrwinNelson

With Kovalchuk threatening to back out of another contract and NJ seemingly wanting nothing to do with him, would anyone throw a second at them? Kovalchuk has certainly taken a step this season, but he could certainly fit into Jack's RW* for a few years. From what I was reading yesterday he could come in without approval from all of the GMs. He'll be 33 at the start of next season.

*Too bad he plays LW**, not sure why I thought otherwise

**Checked to see if he was right handed and just played the opposite wing and site I checked had him at RW. He's a righty regardless

Does the concept of team mean anything to you? Clearly, Ilya has proven he cares nothing about team performance and is only concerned about Ilya.

:rolleyes: For ###### what? A chance to be a shittier team? ###### Kovulchuk and whatever the ###### he rode in on.

Agreed. I want nothing to do with that guy. I highly doubt he pulled a Jagr and comes back somehow not a dick-bag

Edited by WildCard

Eh, Skinner has one season in the last 5 where he's cleanly beat Ennis' production.

Pretty convenient to leave off 10-11 (Skinner's best season). 11-12 he had 5-5-10 more. 13-14 he had 12 more goals and one fewer assists. This season has, obviously, been a no-contest in Skinner's favor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.