Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Rumors!

- Galchenyuck is not being traded

- Jets don't want to give Ladd or Buff the contracts they want 

As such, Ladd moves to the top of the list of Deadline Day acquisitions, as the Jets — unwilling to invest somewhere in the neighbourhood of $36 million and six years into Ladd — will look to recoup something for their departing captain in a trade.

- Leafs could move up to 8 players at the deadline, including Reimer, Polak, Parentuea, and Matthias

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-jan-27/ 

Edited by WildCard

Rumors!

- Galchenyuck is not being traded

- Jets don't want to give Ladd or Buff the contracts they want 

- Leafs could move up to 8 players at the deadline, including Reimer, Polak, Parentuea, and Matthias

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-jan-27/ 

I wish he were. Aside from Eichel, ROR, and Risto, there isn't anything I wouldn't give up for him. I'm not sure what it is about Galchenyuck, but out of every player in the league who isn't a Sabre, there isn't a player who I would rather tear up the league than him. Once Montreal figures out how to use him better, I think he's going to a cornerstone of both the Canadiens and Team USA. 

With Theodore playing well in Anaheim and the team surging without Fowler in the lineup could that make Fowler available? Anaheims Murray is on record saying he doesn't want to move Fowler but isn't that code for "it'll take a ton to get it done" So what would it take?

A GM told Dreger today NHL trade scene is 'somewhat paralyzed' waiting for #NHLJets to make decision on Buff/Ladd.

That's what multiple reporters said the very day before the trade frenzy of early January (Lecavalier, Johansen and another I'm forgetting).

With Theodore playing well in Anaheim and the team surging without Fowler in the lineup could that make Fowler available? Anaheims Murray is on record saying he doesn't want to move Fowler but isn't that code for "it'll take a ###### ton to get it done" So what would it take?

I think it would take Mcginn or ennis, mccabe and a 3rd rounder

Edited by EICH15

Dreger: A number of GMs acknowledge that "there is a sense of desperation coming from Marc Bergevin," #Habs

Paging GMTM.

The question with the Habs is, are the buyers or sellers? Dreger makes it sound like they're buyers as Bergevin is trying to save his job. If they're buyers, they're seriously, seriously desperate buyers, because that roster doesn't have a lot outside of Price, Subban, Galchenyuck, and Pac. 

Edited by WildCard

Dreger: A number of GMs acknowledge that "there is a sense of desperation coming from Marc Bergevin," #Habs

Paging GMTM.

McGinn & Johnson are the only two I'd be willing to send them since they are divisional opponents.

McGinn, Johnson, and a 3rd for a Lottery protected 1st. If they miss the playoffs, Buffalo receives MTL's 2nd this year and receives MTL's 1st in 2017. BUF sends their 2017 4th back in that case. Interesting?  

McGinn & Johnson are the only two I'd be willing to send them since they are divisional opponents.

McGinn, Johnson, and a 3rd for a Lottery protected 1st. If they miss the playoffs, Buffalo receives MTL's 2nd this year and receives MTL's 1st in 2017. BUF sends their 2017 4th back in that case. Interesting?  

You can get a lot more than a 1st for McGinn, Johnson, and a 3rd.Especially with how desperate Montreal appears to be

If Stamkos is available why cant we make a run for him. Eichel and Stamkos might be one of the best duos in hockey. Imagine Eichel carrying the puck and feeding those amazing passes to someone like Stamkos who could capitalize 9 out of 10 times. I would trade Reinhart, MCcabe and our 1st.

If Stamkos is available why cant we make a run for him. Eichel and Stamkos might be one of the best duos in hockey. Imagine Eichel carrying the puck and feeding those amazing passes to someone like Stamkos who could capitalize 9 out of 10 times. I would trade Reinhart, MCcabe and our 1st.

Because he's a UFA. Wait until then.

Besides the fact that one of his issues with Cooper is a desire to play center and not wing. Wouldn't mind Stamkos centering for O'Reilly and Fasching and Eichel centering for Reinhart and Gus but very unlikely given salary cap restraints and other issues.

Agreed it's very unlikely to happen, but that is an impressive top 6. (Though I'd like to see how that works w/ the RW's flipped, even though on paper it makes sense to have it the way you stated.)

Sounds easy enough

Chiarelli was in Ottawa the other night watching the Sabres Game.

Also

Oilers making push to acquire Hamonic, says @FriedgeHNIC

Also looking to move Schultz

Friedman: I could see one of Vatanen or Lindholm going, especially the one Bob Murray thinks is going to be harder to sign. #NHLDucks

A friend of mine in Edmonton said BFLO's name has been mentioned for Justin Schultz.

A RHD who is subpar in his own end?  No thanks.  If he's someone the Oilers want to move on from (considering their D-core) then it's not someone I'm interested in.

I would assume Shultz wouldn't be the main part of that deal coming to us. If he is, I'd guess that means we're trading away one of our young RHD

Chiarelli was in Ottawa the other night watching the Sabres Game.

Also
Oilers making push to acquire Hamonic, says @FriedgeHNIC
Also looking to move Schultz

Friedman: I could see one of Vatanen or Lindholm going, especially the one Bob Murray thinks is going to be harder to sign. #NHLDucks

Who do you take, Vatanen or Lindholm?

I would assume Shultz wouldn't be the main part of that deal coming to us. If he is, I'd guess that means we're trading away one of our young RHD

Maybe I'm unnecessarily down on Schultz but he's never really impressed me.  I would not want to part with any of our young D for him.

Slight edge to Lindholm because he is a lefty. Both their HERO Optics put them into a top pairing for individual production and possession impact.

The package would probably have to be Ennis, 2/3 round pick and something else possibly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.