Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Really? Who wouldn't you send for Drouin?

Unrealted, but Price could be out until after the deadline, according to the Hab's GM, Bergevin

http://thehockeywriters.com/carey-price-could-may-another-month/

So, are the Habs sellers?

If I'm the Habs GM, I'm selling to collect as many assets as possible to do everything I can in the offseason to remake the forward group.

Really? Who wouldn't you send for Drouin?

Unrealted, but Price could be out until after the deadline, according to the Hab's GM, Bergevin

http://thehockeywriters.com/carey-price-could-may-another-month/

So, are the Habs sellers?

ROR, Eich and Risto, probably not Rhino.

See what an elite goalie means for any team.

Habs have difficulty scoring, subban is having a lesser season and free falling, not selling yet but if they keep this up.

Dammit. I thought for sure they would be calling for Legwand and Colaiacovo at the deadline

ROR, Eich and Risto, probably not Rhino.

See what an elite goalie means for any team.

NS, do you hear any local scuttlebutt on what kind of kid Drouin is?

His play and body language came across to me as pouty and selfish well before all this happened, but I've never read anything to that effect.

Dammit. I thought for sure they would be calling for Legwand and Colaiacovo at the deadline

NS, do you hear any local scuttlebutt on what kind of kid Drouin is?

His play and body language came across to me as pouty and selfish well before all this happened, but I've never read anything to that effect.

All that was ever reported during his time here was that he was a good team player with an excellent attitude.  The coach for the Mooseheads loved him (sorry no links to back this up) and said he would do anything he would ask.

He was given every chance to take the puck and work his magic.  He played a lot of centre here in Halifax and the point on the PP.  He was in the shadow of MacKinnon while here and that took some pressure off him.

In the right situation ... say on Rhino's wing (ie with a play making centre) ... he would thrive in this league.

Were there any signs of this idiotic behavior while he was up there in NS?

No.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-could-be-active-again-before-trade-deadline/

"So what might the Sabres do? As Murray said, some of his five upcoming unrestricted free agents will probably be dealt. But given Murray’s history, anything short of trading centers Jack Eichel or Ryan O’Reilly or defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen might be on the table.

Barely two years into his tenure, Murray has demonstrated a willingness to pull off blockbuster trades at any moment. His eight-piece deal with Winnipeg that netted the Sabres winger Evander Kane last season took place Feb. 11."

The whole Drouin situation is a mess.  When you go winning at every level to a team that is so full of skilled forwards and not fit it has to be difficult.  He's won a memorial cup, he's scored on every level.  He's not built to be a two way talent which Cooper is really looking for.  It's also hard to fault Cooper for trying to fit him in with all the guys they have.  Being demoted has to be a wary sign to him that he doesn't have a place on the team.  His shot is elite, and he skates very well.  The words offensively dynamic fit Drouin to a "T".  You cannot fault Yzerman for his view on the situation as he comes from the Detroit tree where you earn everything you've gotten.  You have to wonder if they don't regret not taking Seth Jones, but that's all hearsay anyways.  From everything I've ever read on him, he seems to be a good kid and teammate.  

For those that are shooting him down for having a poor attitude, this doesn't seem like its him whining about not having things given to him, I think it's more about not fitting the coaches system and seeing the writing on the wall that he doesn't fit this team. It's better for him to get out of that system and into a system that lets him play his game. Getting dumped in the minors and held down by the coach cause he doesn't fit the coaches style of play is just hurting him and can hurt his caree when he is able to leave Tampa. There may be better ways of going about it, but I don't fault him by demanding a trade and sitting out. He has to look out for himself and his career first. There seems to be issues with the coach and having to fit his system that it could also lead to them having to deal or lose Stamkos.

Also, if your going to complain about Drouin, didn't O'Reilly sit out and complain about his contract at a very young age too which lead to him being available and constantly on the trade block?

Here's hoping Johnson has played his way into a 2nd round pick.  That would be very good value for a pending free agent.  Schaller continues to impress me to the point where he could ultimately be Legwand's replacement if someone is looking for a bottom six forward.

true

I think trying to pry every teams good prospects is a bit ambitious

Well I figure Chicago is set on winger for a bit so they might be willing to get some veteran depth and dump a bad contract.  St Louis is known to be looking to make a move this year. Florida needs some winger talent.  All 3 teams are in a position to deal with. 

I'm serious. I think we should target Barbashev, Hartman and Matheson.  We need 2 of the 3 IMPO... all 3 of the teams will be playoff bound, there must be a way.

sure, there's always a way, and chances are it's giving up a first this year, or anyone on your list of untradeables. Your not getting g anything good for an injured Ennis, or Matt Moulson......

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-talk-blues-looking-for-offence-1.427551

Blues may be dangling Shattenkirk looking for top-six help.

Senators interested in Drouin but may need to give up two top prospects to make it happen. Cost to Eastern teams could be higher.

Brandon Pirri (Florida winger) not on the market.

Unless Ennis = Shattenkirk I doubt I have much interest, not even mentioning he's another rightie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.