NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

Harbor Center is really quite awesome and a major reason we got the combine. I am excited for next week but I hope Jack Eichel can do a pull up.  :P

It's scary that my first thought was who would be the guy who can't do any this year.  But Eichel won't be a concern.  Instead of pulling himself up, he'll actually be pushing the earth down.

It's scary that my first thought was who would be the guy who can't do any this year.  But Eichel won't be a concern.  Instead of pulling himself up, he'll actually be pushing the earth down.

Jakub Zboril will be that guy just to spite me.

Also lol Jack Eichel is probably that strong. 

I'm not sure is Eichel will put up heroic numbers  in the combine. But the kid looks crazy strong playing hockey. 

Oh he definitely will.  Flash back a few years to when Collin Wilson was the talk of the combine with all of the strength tests.  It'll be that all over again.  Their program at BU produces beasts.

There have been countless reports by many people close to the situation that Eichel, as an incoming 17 year old at BU, really amazed them by how he was able to gain the confidence of the upper classmen on the team so quickly. My theory is that while his skill contributed to that most of all, his numbers in their strength testing last September did a lot, too. When you rip off 350lb cleans and 25 pullups, it tends to get the attention of your teammates. I think he may downright intimidate some attendees next week.

GO SABRES!!!

How can we spin this to the negative? Will we monitor prospects for negative comments about the city? Can we pile on the first person who says Toronto was better?

All that has to happen is Terry Pegula delegating the work of organizing the event to someone.  Anyone.  If it's anyone in the hockey department (like GMTM), then they're focusing on "the circus" and not improving the hockey team.  If it's Ted Black, he's trying to distract fans from how bad the team is.  If it's literally anyone else (like Battista), then it's power usurping within the organization by one of the shadowy members of Pegula's inner circle.

Additionally, this event will likely go so well that other teams will be jealous, and start demanding that the combine be moved around the league each year, even to cities where absolutely no one gives a , like Sunrise, Florida.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.