2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

To all the hockey purists...was this an awful game because 11 goals were scored?  I'd take 5-4 and 6-5 games every day of the week(especially in the regular season) over 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, etc.... snoozefests.

The first period was pretty boring.  They opened it up in the second and third.

To all the hockey purists...was this an awful game because 11 goals were scored? I'd take 5-4 and 6-5 games every day of the week(especially in the regular season) over 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, etc.... snoozefests.

I'd love to see more games where the puck just can't stay out of the net. It would make the occasional shutout that much more impressive.

Is a puck off of a skate "directed, batted, or thrown," considering that the standard for a puck "directed" off of a skate is a "distinct kicking motion"?

a puck off the skate is allowed even when directed in, as long as it is not a distinct kicking motion. Thats why I am saying they made a judgement call to extend this rule to heading the puck in. Kicking motions and punching the puck in can be explained away for goalie safety. How is heading the puck in harmful to a goalie?

I'd love to see more games where the puck just can't stay out of the net. It would make the occasional shutout that much more impressive.

Exactly.  When the Lightning went up 5-4 in the 3rd i was quite confident that the Rangers would answer.  I don't remember the last time I was sure a team would tie it up, let alone the rangers.

Tampa Bay refuses to sell tickets to non-Florida residents, and does not allow opposing team's apparel to be worn in 75% of the arena:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/21/sports/hockey/tampa-bay-lightning-limit-wearing-of-opponents-colors.html

So stupid.

And the Rags fans were noticeable last night anyway.

Does anyone else think the Rangers-Lightning series has been fantastic? That's the way hockey should be played. Fast and exciting with many players showing great skill. There might be a lot of goals scored but each goalie has made great saves because there are so many great opportunities. Wide-open and high scoring is so much more fun to watch! If every game were played like this series hockey would be so much more popular. It's almost like the 80's again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.