Superdraft - where would every NHL player get picked today?

SDS

This actually sounds like something that would be really cool to code. I can code it, but I don't know how to make the code available on a website for everyone to use. If I send the code in java/c form to SDS and he can upload it on here that would be a really fun summer project for me to undertake. Shouldn't take more than a week or so, depending on the interest level and how busy I am. 

That's cool. I don't know if anything exists out there for such a large group. The idea to do a big draft like this is fun in general, but in the end of the day it's just all us going, "yeah...I like my team".

You could probably actually make money off of something like this. The way those FanDuel sites seem to be working, I can see a market for an online sim site. You might have to change the name of the teams to the Buffalo Ginzus and Edmonton Petrol.....Connher McDavis could be the first pick........

Even if someone wanted to play and not put up the cash, they could play for pride.

It's a discussion for a future day. All I know is I like to try and cash in on my bad decisions! Just ask Freeman.

This actually sounds like something that would be really cool to code. I can code it, but I don't know how to make the code available on a website for everyone to use. If I send the code in java/c form to SDS and he can upload it on here that would be a really fun summer project for me to undertake. Shouldn't take more than a week or so, depending on the interest level and how busy I am. 

That's cool. I don't know if anything exists out there for such a large group. The idea to do a big draft like this is fun in general, but in the end of the day it's just all us going, "yeah...I like my team".

You could probably actually make money off of something like this. The way those FanDuel sites seem to be working, I can see a market for an online sim site. You might have to change the name of the teams to the Buffalo Ginzus and Edmonton Petrol.....Connher McDavis could be the first pick........

Even if someone wanted to play and not put up the cash, they could play for pride.

It's a discussion for a future day. All I know is I like to try and cash in on my bad decisions! Just ask Freeman.

If you guys want to set this up and SDS doesn't want to bother, I'd be interested in setting up Amazon hosting (or something) for it if Wildcard is writing it in a Linux-friendly format. If there's not much traffic there might be very small hosting costs which I'll cover. If it gets expensive I'd take a cut from the pot or something.

If you guys want to set this up and SDS doesn't want to bother, I'd be interested in setting up Amazon hosting (or something) for it if Wildcard is writing it in a Linux-friendly format. If there's not much traffic there might be very small hosting costs which I'll cover. If it gets expensive I'd take a cut from the pot or something.

I'm much more versed in Java than C, I don't have any GUI experience in C. I could try and learn, but could it possibly work with Java? 

1. WildCard (Buffalo) - Patrick Kane

2. Randall Flagg (Arizona) - Connor McDavid

3. Liger (Edmonton) - John Tavares

4. JJ (Toronto) - Corey Perry

5. Qwksndmonster (Carolina) - Jonathan Toews 

6. Dudacek (New Jersey) - Sidney Crosby

7.  Eleven (Philly) - Steven Stamkos

8. WildCard (Columbus) - Alexander Ovechkin

9. Thorny (San Jose) - Jack Eichel

10. Derrico (Colorado) - Shea Weber

11. TrueBlue (Florida) - Tyler Seguin

12. Whisky (Dallas) - Ryan Johansen

13. 3Putt (LA) - Niklas Backstrom

14. Taro (Boston) - Nathan MacKinnon

15. Ubkev (Calgary) - Claude Giroux

16. Ubkev (Pittsburgh) - Evgeni Malkin

17. Eleven (Winnipeg) -

18. Dudacek (Ottawa) -

19. Taro (Detroit) - 

20. JJ (Minnesota) - 

21. Derrico (NYI) -

22. Whisky (Washington) - 

23. Hoss (Vancouver) -

24. Hoss (Chicago) -

25. Liger (Nashville) - 

26. Thorny (Tampa) -

27. 3Putt (St. Louis) -

28. Flagg (Anaheim) -

29. Flagg (Montreal) -

30. TrueBlue (NYR) -

Heads up, Eleven up.

I'm much more versed in Java than C, I don't have any GUI experience in C. I could try and learn, but could it possibly work with Java? 

Java is fine, there's a whole host of JVMs for Linux (and Windows) to choose from. If I were doing it, I'd probably be writing it as Java webapp for Tomcat (that seems to be popular around here). That's speaking as an IT guy that's only do some very simple web work.

Jamie Benn.

Oh man!  That was going to my next pick Taro.  

1. WildCard (Buffalo) - Patrick Kane

2. Randall Flagg (Arizona) - Connor McDavid

3. Liger (Edmonton) - John Tavares

4. JJ (Toronto) - Corey Perry

5. Qwksndmonster (Carolina) - Jonathan Toews 

6. Dudacek (New Jersey) - Sidney Crosby

7.  Eleven (Philly) - Steven Stamkos

8. WildCard (Columbus) - Alexander Ovechkin

9. Thorny (San Jose) - Jack Eichel

10. Derrico (Colorado) - Shea Weber

11. TrueBlue (Florida) - Tyler Seguin

12. Whisky (Dallas) - Ryan Johansen

13. 3Putt (LA) - Niklas Backstrom

14. Taro (Boston) - Nathan MacKinnon

15. Ubkev (Calgary) - Claude Giroux

16. Ubkev (Pittsburgh) - Evgeni Malkin

17. Eleven Nfreemen (Winnipeg) - Erik Karlsson

18. Dudacek (Ottawa) - Drew Doughty

19. Taro (Detroit) - Jamie Benn

20. JJ (Minnesota) - 

21. Derrico (NYI) -

22. Whisky (Washington) - 

23. Hoss (Vancouver) -

24. Hoss (Chicago) -

25. Liger (Nashville) - 

26. Thorny (Tampa) -

27. 3Putt (St. Louis) -

28. Flagg (Anaheim) -

29. Flagg (Montreal) -

30. TrueBlue (NYR) -

Heads up, Eleven up.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.