Superdraft - where would every NHL player get picked today?

SDS

I do think Taves is a better player/more valuable than Ovechkin. 

It makes me really uneasy whenever I read a scouting report comparing Samwise to Taves.  A part of me wants to get wet, but mostly it just sounds like BS.  I can see him becoming a shutdown scoring center, but his temperament and style strikes me as being more similar to Patrice Bergeron.  I feel like Samson would have to take being a dick lessons from Steve Ott for a few years to become like Taves.

It makes me really uneasy whenever I read a scouting report comparing Samwise to Taves.  A part of me wants to get wet, but mostly it just sounds like BS.  I can see him becoming a shutdown scoring center, but his temperament and style strikes me as being more similar to Patrice Bergeron.  I feel like Samson would have to take being a dick lessons from Steve Ott for a few years to become like Taves.

I feel like Reinhart gets compared to Toews because they're both cerebral players and overshadowed by flashy counterparts. I don't know how physical Toews was to enter his career, or if Reinhart has anywhere near the leadership abilities Toews does, but comparing Sam to arguably the best Center in the league right now also makes me uneasy. And I'll admit I've been guilty of it, but the more I watch Toews the more impressed I am and the larger that gap gets between him and a likely expectation for Reinhart. 

I kinda think we have a Toews combination in Reinhart and Girgrensons mixed. 

Tough choice between Stamkos and Eichel. But I think I want to build a team that wins now and remains solid for a few years, so Stamkos it is. WildCard, you are on the clock.

Dudacek - your ranking idea is not sticking and was never the original intent of the topic. The original post called for a draft of all eligible nhl players with he purpose of swing where undrafted players might be taken with current stars.

Eleven is the latest to reference building a team.

Dudacek - your ranking idea is not sticking and was never the original intent of the topic. The original post called for a draft of all eligible nhl players with he purpose of swing where undrafted players might be taken with current stars.

Eleven is the latest to reference building a team.

See the thing is that a "superdraft" is about building a team. You must consider what the player will do for your team long-term. Otherwise it's just a "superranking." Eleven might not be drafting to build a team (meaning that he might not go after certain positions later) but he has to consider what a player means for a team and the amount of time they have left in the league.

If you really want just a ranking of the best players in order then teams shouldn't have been assigned. This whole thing was rushed and poorly communicated. I don't even know what I'm actually doing at this point. Is it purely based on who they are right now (the answer must be yes if we're not considering any form of team building)?

I thought it was a way to add a little entertainment to the original idea and that was to draft a team for right now. Originally it was who is the top 10. Not who could be the top 10, not who was the top 10. I didn't think 'draft' meant to build a team for the future, I figured 'draft' meant each of us got to choose one at a time who we think is the best of the remaining players. I'm picking based on current conditions as the original post implied. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I thought the OP was discussing who are the best players if you are building a team.  Not who is the best player today.  Otherwise the 2015 draft would not be included.  Eichel is not the best player today but if I'm building a team today based on any NHL player I think Eichel is top 10.

I thought the OP was discussing who are the best players if you are building a team.  Not who is the best player today.  Otherwise the 2015 draft would not be included.  Eichel is not the best player today but if I'm building a team today based on any NHL player I think Eichel is top 10.

I want my team to win right now.  :D

Here's the draft so far:

EDIT:

Up to date list as requested:

1. WildCard (Buffalo) - Patrick Kane

2. Randall Flagg (Arizona) - Connor McDavid

3. Liger (Edmonton) - John Tavares

4. JJ (Toronto) - Corey Perry

5. Qwksndmonster (Carolina) - Jonathan Toews 

6. Dudacek (New Jersey) - Sidney Crosby

7.  Eleven (Philly) - Steven Stamkos

8. WildCard (Columbus) - Alexander Ovechkin

9. Thorny (San Jose) - Jack Eichel

10. Derrico (Colorado) - Shea Weber

11. TrueBlue (Florida) - Tyler Seguin

Whisky is on the clock.

Then 3Putt and Taro, and two from Ubkev.

I'll keep an updated list in my post at the top of page 3 for reference.

With an eye on what this player will do for our team in the short and long term, The San Jose Sharks select...From Boston University, Jack Eichel.

Interesting one. If you think he is Tavares or Stamkos, it's warranted.

(Wouldn't that be nice?)

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.