2015 NHL Playoffs - Round 2

Hoss

You ain't kidding. Take a page from the NFL or NBA. I'm surprised we don't have NFL games every night during the season. (I know logistically it won't work) but they are like, "you guys want Thursday games, how bout two?) they don't ###### around. Meanwhile the NHL is like, what's wrong with 7 games all playing at once then 5 days without games.

Bette Midler concert in Tampa's arena tonight. What was the NHL to do?

To expand a little: generally, NFL arenas are only really used for football and concerts. The NHL plays in more mixed-use environment. Also, it's easy to say: don't book on these weekend dates in January. The NHL needs: don't book too much in the latter half of April, all of May, and most of June. The NHL might need to squeeze 3-4 games every two weeks that you won't know the schedule until a day or two before it starts. I'm now wondering if the arena is required to leave days open no matter what. Does the F'N Center have a bunch of dates empty in June in case the Sabres went to the SCF this year? (OK, maybe Buffalo is a bad example since I'd guess the center isn't that busy, but somewhere like MSG...)

Edited by MattPie

Do you really want to hurt me?

I see what you did there.  ;)

To expand a little: generally, NFL arenas are only really used for football and concerts. The NHL plays in more mixed-use environment. Also, it's easy to say: don't book on these weekend dates in January. The NHL needs: don't book too much in the latter half of April, all of May, and most of June. The NHL might need to squeeze 3-4 games every two weeks that you won't know the schedule until a day or two before it starts. I'm now wondering if the arena is required to leave days open no matter what. Does the F'N Center have a bunch of dates empty in June in case the Sabres went to the SCF this year? (OK, maybe Buffalo is a bad example since I'd guess the center isn't that busy, but somewhere like MSG...)

Just think about the Staples Center.  Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Concerts.  At least FNC just has Sabres, Bandits, Concerts.  

I am disappointed there was not a game yesterday but I will live. 

Just gonna drop this here: :)

Travis Yost @travisyost  ·  48m 48 minutes ago

Corsi is Dead. 

(Except every remaining playoff team out-shot their opposition over full season, half season, *and* last 25-games.)

On a more serious note, looks like no hockey until the weekend, and they're both going to be afternoon games. I hate the NHL.

On a more serious note, looks like no hockey until the weekend, and they're both going to be afternoon games. I hate the NHL.

Link?  I found this regarding ECF Game 1 on (Edit: Saturday) 1pm: http://tbo.com/events-tampa-bay/lightning-playoffs-could-kill-weekend-performances-of-frozen-on-ice-20150512/

I will be in LA for Memorial Day... hoping for WCF Game 5 that night.

Edited by Cereal

Our last Game 7 was worse. Then again, I'm not watching this one.

Our last Game 7 was a good game as far as I remember it, and the Sabs would have won, had they even three NHL defensemen.

That's a little harsh. I'm mildly entertained.

Exactly.  There should be nothing mild about a game 7.

Our last Game 7 was a good game as far as I remember it, and the Sabs would have won, had they even three NHL defensemen.

Exactly. There should be nothing mild about a game 7.

I hear ya. We still have twenty minutes for them to astonish us. Call me an optimist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.