SabreSpace Cliches:

WildCard

They never have a problem finding good goalies.

But, that's not what this thread is about, why don't I post it in the goalie thread? Because I read about it on THAT site, and it was an E1, so it must be true.

Instead of arguing a point that you disagree with with facts or your opinions, just say the other person is telling a narrative.

Narrative is a big one. Not just here, but in MSM and the blogosphere as well.

I'll admit to using that one from time to time -- hey, just because it's a cliche doesn't mean it isn't true (sometimes).

I think using compete as a noun still tops the list. Followed by the whole blue collar mantra but they kind of get used together from what I've noticed over the years. Buffalo is such a blue collar town (even though it's really not anymore) that they really appreciate the hard working, lunch pail, high "compete" types that rely on effort and their non-stop motors to make up for a lack of skill. It's like the Sabres are icing 20 Chris Kelsays in the lineup.

Another cliché I'd like to see go the way of the dodo is people pretending like whether a person is left or right handed just doesn't matter. Sure we're all stocked up down the left wing but we should still try to trade for every single left handed center and wing that we could possibly find. Just because some players (Ennis is a good example) can play wing on their off hand doesn't mean every player can do it effectively and certainly doesn't mean they should go out of their way to make the problem worse by going after more lefties and forcing even more players to their off hand. Even if they can do it, it doesn't mean they're as effective that way. Ennis would probably be better off at LW but since we're stacked on the left and barren on the right he plays there, not because it's his optimum position.

Dean Smith held Michael Jordan back. Really, he did.

I have never watched an entire basketball game, not my thing. So I googled, and Roy Williams doesn't agree with you.

Also thank you for La Commedia e Finita ! I learneds some coultures today...

And GODD for bringing the subject up.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I have never watched an entire basketball game, not my thing. So I googled, and Roy Williams doesn't agree with you.

Also thank you for La Commedia e Finita ! I learneds some coultures today...

And GODD for bringing the subject up.

I don't really agree, either. I am FAR from a basketball expert, as well. I have heard the cliche a thousand times. Interestingly, I read Williams, too, preparing my post. Roy's a tad more informed than me! Edited by Neo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.