With Kane at #9, how would you feel if Eichel took....#99

dejeanneret

I thought I read somewhere that both 0 and 00 have been banned by the league.

Playing this one straight: The league limited the numbers down to 1-99 by 1998, and retired 99 in 1999. Otherwise, I'd go with pi, both for the obvious reason and being an irrational number it suits the fan-base well. :)

I say wear 1 if it's not reserved for goalies.

I don't think it's actually reserved, but I can't recall a non-goalie wearing it.

Honestly see Eichel going w/ 15. He's worn it before, and I'm quite sure he doesn't want to have much in common w/ McDavid. Even though McDavid will be wearing 97, I highly doubt Eichel will go w/ any number in 90's, particularly 96. He seems to be the type of guy that wants to prove people wrong. Eichel's level of confidence is through the roof. All this love for McDavid across the NHL has to be ticking him off and giving him even more reason to play 110% from start to finish. 

And here's a quote from Steve Prefontaine. Suits Eichel perfectly. He probably hasn't heard it before, but it's one I like to think he'd believe in. 

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." 

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.