GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Eichel is such a beast. FNC on opening day with Kane-Eichel-Girgensons out as the starting line will be a great place to be.

The keg line.

They're coming for us.

Outstanding :beer:

Not sure what thread to ask this question in but if we end up bottom 5 next year is Murray on the clock? With the moves he has made and with more to come this summer when does his free pass expire?

I think with the moves he has made and two top picks we cannot sniff bottom 5 next season.

Personally, I expect us to finish in the 75-85 pt range (premature without seeing what the summer brings) just by adding Reinhart, Kane, Eichel, a healthy Borges and Zemgus, and a full-time Grigo and Larsson.

Playoffs are a year away IMO but cellar dwellar days should be over.

For me it's not so much where they finish but how much improvement there is. Do the pieces fit? Is the coach right for this group of players? Stuff like that. If they're 20-25 points better I think that's pretty significant and seems like a reasonable benchmark.

For me it's not so much where they finish but how much improvement there is. Do the pieces fit? Is the coach right for this group of players? Stuff like that. If they're 20-25 points better I think that's pretty significant and seems like a reasonable benchmark.

Also depends on the moves they make this summer.  If we trade more picks for players, then we'll want to see more immediate improvement.  

Also depends on the moves they make this summer. If we trade more picks for players, then we'll want to see more immediate improvement.

Most definitely. If we get O'Reilly or a player of similar stature up front and cement the D and get a proven goaltender (I expect at least some of this to happen) my expectations will rise considerably.

I want Kane with Eichel.

I do expect Sam to start the year in Ra-cha-cha (but hope he proves me wrong and forces his way onto the opening day lineup) but w/in 1-1/2 seasons expect him to be the #2 C for a long time. If they hold onto Grigo, they could have a return of the '05-'07 Sabres with 3 lines that can all play hockey.

Fun times ahead.

I would love being able to roll out 3 lines again.   Also why im hoping grigorenko comes through for us. 

A 3rd line of Foligno - Grigorenko - Girgensons would be awesome.

Edmonton was the only real way the NHL could rig the lottery to prove it wasn't rigged.

Can you kill that avatar? Forever? I made it with the intents of never using it once this season was over. Copyright infringement! (Just kidding)

Never been a fan of the C-LW-RW line notation, but I'd make an exception for the Jack-Evander-Tyler line.

Sweet. Plays off their speed and where we got Kane from. (And, if you think that trade helped lock 30th, I'd guess Eichel as well.)

I would love being able to roll out 3 lines again.   Also why im hoping grigorenko comes through for us. 

Ab-so-####ing-lute-ly. :thumbsup:

Kaleta paid his dues.  He earned it.

High compete level.

(I actually heard that phrase during an intermission in the Chicago game today, but I didn't look up in time to see who said it.   I think it was a white guy, though.)

No one who is intelligent wonders what Don Cherry thinks of ANYTHING anymore.  I just shut down the intermission because I couldn't listen to that guy.

I legitimate couldn't give two shits what he thinks. I saw a few tweets about it and figured I would mention it. Due is unbearable.

I legitimate couldn't give two shits what he thinks. I saw a few tweets about it and figured I would mention it. Due is unbearable.

Yep.  Sadly, he has become a caricature.  20 years ago, or maybe even 25, it was a little different.  But now, he's just a sad, angry man.

Not sure what thread to ask this question in but if we end up bottom 5 next year is Murray on the clock? With the moves he has made and with more to come this summer when does his free pass expire?

I think with the moves he has made and two top picks we cannot sniff bottom 5 next season.

Personally, I expect us to finish in the 75-85 pt range (premature without seeing what the summer brings) just by adding Reinhart, Kane, Eichel, a healthy Borges and Zemgus, and a full-time Grigo and Larsson.

Playoffs are a year away IMO but cellar dwellar days should be over.

Bottom 5 next year is unacceptable. Murray has all the chess pieces now - if he can't deliver, at least a winning season or a break even season(albeit likely no playoffs)  then Murray needs to share in the accountability.  

Let's hope we NEVER have this discussion for real.  

No one who is intelligent wonders what Don Cherry thinks of ANYTHING anymore.  I just shut down the intermission because I couldn't listen to that guy.

Cherry & Milbury should have a show together.

Edmonton was the only real way the NHL could rig the lottery to prove it wasn't rigged.

Help the bombardier!

Dang, I like the sound of that.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Yes.  For me a bottom 5 finish next year is unacceptable without major injury issues occurring.  The biggest weakness right now is gt. 

And leave that to the goalie whisperer...  Looks like Irbe may be able to do something with the stable we currently have... Would like to see one drafted in the later rounds anyway... But Sabres need guys who can put puck in the net and another big D.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.