GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

And it's Jack to the Future!

Seriously, don't understand why people are upset Buffalo didn't land McDavid. Yes, he's the best, but Eichel is a scary good player. Give the guy some credit. The tank was for 'McEichel', not McDavid. The tank has been accomplished. Now let's look forward to the draft and free agency. We're going Jack to the Future!

I agree. I can't wait to see Eichel in a Buffalo uniform with Reinhart and Kane. We have a mini team usa with Eichel, Compher, Fasching, McCabe. It's only going to get better. Now what does Murray do with Buffalo's other first rounder and the first pick of the second round. Does he move Grigrinko or Zadorov for a proven young player. It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few months.

I agree. I can't wait to see Eichel in a Buffalo uniform with Reinhart and Kane. We have a mini team usa with Eichel, Compher, Fasching, McCabe. It's only going to get better. Now what does Murray do with Buffalo's other first rounder and the first pick of the second round. Does he move Grigrinko or Zadorov for a proven young player. It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few months.

Team USA also has Bailey waiting in the wings.

More than anything, the hand wringing and whining about McDavid just reinforces that the average person has a very poor grasp of mathematics and basic probability concepts.

Murray_Tim_1314.jpg

I believe I can find a quote from GMTM where he very clearly indicates how well he understood the 80% McDavid-less probability scenario.

I don't wan to put a damper on anyone's day, but, we're going to get Jack Eichel. 16 hours and 45 minutes later and I am still pretty excited about. I may buy my first Sabres jersey, not off the clearance rack, in a long long time. My last "new" Sabres jersey had Fuhr sewn on the back. 

I don't wan to put a damper on anyone's day, but, we're going to get Jack Eichel. 16 hours and 45 minutes later and I am still pretty excited about. I may buy my first Sabres jersey, not off the clearance rack, in a long long time. My last "new" Sabres jersey had Fuhr sewn on the back.

I've never purchased a Sabres jersey w/ a name on the back. With Eichel coming to the Sabres I feel the time has come. His name on the back and whatever number he has. Kane wears number 9, so Eichel may have to go w/ something else. Waiting for all of that to go down.

UFRASU (Upon further reflection and sobering up), I'm still happy with this result. We're getting a great player and I don't really care where the other guy goes.

From this article.

http://m.edmontonsun.com/2014/12/30/nhl-scout-evaluates-mcdavid-eichel-ahead-of-matchup

“He’s tough. You do notice that McDavid is more feisty -- he’ll shove, he’ll push. Jack will take the (bleep) and deal with it but he won’t strike back as much as Connor. In college, guys will go after Jack and he’ll look at them like: ‘Are you kidding me? I’ll see you after the puck drops.’”

I like this difference and prefer Eichel here.

Reading this just makes me all that more excited for Eichel, He seems rather Getzlaf or Toews like and I'd honestly rather have that than Crosby to be honest. The first two are far better suited for the playoff brand of hockey and are a tad more durable usually. I actually feel worse for McDavid being sent to Edmonton to deal with that mess more than us not getting him.

Eichel is such a beast. FNC on opening day with Kane-Eichel-Girgensons out as the starting line will be a great place to be.

The keg line.

They're coming for us.

Kane - Eichel - Ennis

Moulson - Reinhart - Zemgus

Foligno - Grigorenko - Larsson/Hodgson

Deslauriers - Larsson/McCormick - Kaleta

Yea... we are going to have to be very active this summer because I can't fit everyone into this lineup.  I think we trade for a RW and possibly a defender.  

I feel the same way. I'm excited to have Jack coming to this team. I like the prospects of Eichel, Reinhart, and Kane all on this team next season.

Eichel is such a beast. FNC on opening day with Kane-Eichel-Girgensons out as the starting line will be a great place to be.

The keg line.

They're coming for us.

Barring a trade for a #1 RW, had the Sabres landed McDavid, I'd've put those 2 as his wingers to ensure nobody messed with him. With the strenght that Eichel has, I'm pretty sure (again, barring a trade for a true #1 RW) I'd like to see Ennis with Kane and Eichel.

Kee (pronounced like 'key') doesn't work quite as well for Buffalo as a 1st line Keg, but that line could truly be key. ;)

Is it October yet?

I want Kane with Reinhart eventually, but I think Reinhart ends up starting the year in Rochester now that we have ensured Eichel, and I'm okay with that.

I want Kane with Eichel.

I do expect Sam to start the year in Ra-cha-cha (but hope he proves me wrong and forces his way onto the opening day lineup) but w/in 1-1/2 seasons expect him to be the #2 C for a long time. If they hold onto Grigo, they could have a return of the '05-'07 Sabres with 3 lines that can all play hockey.

Fun times ahead.

I want Kane with Eichel.

I do expect Sam to start the year in Ra-cha-cha (but hope he proves me wrong and forces his way onto the opening day lineup) but w/in 1-1/2 seasons expect him to be the #2 C for a long time. If they hold onto Grigo, they could have a return of the '05-'07 Sabres with 3 lines that can all play hockey.

Fun times ahead.

I don't expect him to but I am not upset if he does. 

Not sure what thread to ask this question in but if we end up bottom 5 next year is Murray on the clock? With the moves he has made and with more to come this summer when does his free pass expire?

I think with the moves he has made and two top picks we cannot sniff bottom 5 next season.

Personally, I expect us to finish in the 75-85 pt range (premature without seeing what the summer brings) just by adding Reinhart, Kane, Eichel, a healthy Borges and Zemgus, and a full-time Grigo and Larsson.

Playoffs are a year away IMO but cellar dwellar days should be over.

Not sure what thread to ask this question in but if we end up bottom 5 next year is Murray on the clock? With the moves he has made and with more to come this summer when does his free pass expire?

I think with the moves he has made and two top picks we cannot sniff bottom 5 next season.

Personally, I expect us to finish in the 75-85 pt range (premature without seeing what the summer brings) just by adding Reinhart, Kane, Eichel, a healthy Borges and Zemgus, and a full-time Grigo and Larsson.

Playoffs are a year away IMO but cellar dwellar days should be over.

Yes.  For me a bottom 5 finish next year is unacceptable without major injury issues occurring.  The biggest weakness right now is gt. 

Anything less than a 20-point improvement next year is unacceptable for me.

And LGR, your already too-tight lineup is missing the captain.

20 points would have had them in Carolina's 26th slot.

I will be surprised if, barring serious injury issues they aren't at least 30 points better. (Which would've only moved them into a tie for 24th this year.)

I want Kane with Eichel.

Fun times ahead.

So refreshing to be having these conversations for sure. Feel the same about Sam, and I was just putting him with Kane for the speed on his wings that i think is necessary for getting the most offensively out of him. Which is an amount I think could pleasantly surprise us someday. Edited by Randall Flagg

Kane - Eichel - Ennis

Moulson - Reinhart - Zemgus

Foligno - Grigorenko - Larsson/Hodgson

Deslauriers - Larsson/McCormick - Kaleta

Yea... we are going to have to be very active this summer because I can't fit everyone into this lineup.  I think we trade for a RW and possibly a defender.

These are the lines I want for next year minus Kaleta. Develop the youth early in the season and see where the new coach has this team going. Then decide what trades need to be made. Other than goalie, I'll take a pass on this year's UFAS.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.