GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

nkeS1GM.png

When: Today 8:00 pm Eastern

Where: NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

How Does it work?

Balls numbered 1 to 14 will be put into a lottery machine that selects four balls to provide a four-number combination. That will be matched to a chart containing all possible four-number combinations that have been assigned to each of the 14 teams on the basis of their percentage chance to win the lottery. (source nhl.com)

So the Sabres have 200 of the possible 1,000 winning combinations!

What combinations of numbers do the Sabres have?

By Number or by Team

What are the lottery odds?

lb3sZjn.png

(Source: nhl.com)

So what does this all mean for the Sabres?

Well only the first overall pick is up for grabs in this lottery, which is great news for us.  A team can only drop at most one spot, so the sabres are guaranteed the first or second overall pick.  This is mighty convenient since there are two elite prospects in this years draft.  

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

I am really hoping for you that this combination is drawn at least twice.

Consider there are infinite parallel universes.... this exact scenario happens in at least one of them. Perhaps its the universe we live in.

I have never rooted for a big win more than today ........

I know the odds, but save me all the fancy stuff.  Bottom line is ... the Sabres' odds are better than any other team.

At worst, the Sabres will end up picking second overall.

GO SABRES!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I had a dream last night that Ottawa won it, which I'm taking as good news for us since they aren't in the lottery. Are they really showing the ball machine tonight or just announcing the winner?

They're just gonna announce the winner, the same way as last year with the envelopes. However they will make the ball drawing available for public viewing afterwards on NHL.com.

They're just gonna announce the winner, the same way as last year with the envelopes. However they will make the ball drawing available for public viewing afterwards on NHL.com.

I hope they bring back the young, brash Yolanda Vega. And the suspicious cuts between the ball draws that engendered so much confidence in the process.

Might wait for the ball drawing on NHL.com to make it fun to watch. Would increase the suspense. So Kramer on this one!

I hope they bring back the young, brash Yolanda Vega. And the suspicious cuts between the ball draws that engendered so much confidence in the process.

Mmmmmmmmm, Yolanda Vega. They need to have the bald "the New York Lottery jackpot is now X" guy standing behind her. Do it right, or just go home.

Come on, Daddy needs a new center!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.