GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Babcock ain't coming. I have come to terms with that. Hopefully Buffalo has a coach come the official draft day. Babcock in T.O? I see that as a possibility also. No shortage of cash there and the challenge is immense. Pat Burns and Quinn did well there. No reason to think Mike wouldn't join Shanny in the big market. Help rebuild that franchise also. Going to be fun in the next few months to see where all these chips fall. I tend to believe it just may be Luke Richardson in Buffalo.

History will determine who the best players from the 2014 & 2015 drafts are, not pre-draft rankings. 

I don't see why McDavid to Edmonton is bad for the NHL. This isn't 1978 with the only games available being Hockey Night in Canada. The kid will get plenty of exposure and the saving of the franchise Gretzky made famous is a natural story line.

Good points.  I have been saying the same.  Eichel seems like he will be bigger and stronger and in today's NHL that might make him the better player.  I think there were better places for McDavid to end up but I always thought if he went to Arizona or Edmonton he has a chance to save a sinking franchise which the NHL needs as well.

In another 8 or 9 years the Oilers are going to have some real cap problems.  :flirt:

So will Buffalo. :)

Of course, Buffalo will have been dealing w/ it since Reinhart and Eichel came off their entry level deals. ;)

Edited by Taro T

History will determine who the best players from the 2014 & 2015 drafts are, not pre-draft rankings. 

I don't see why McDavid to Edmonton is bad for the NHL. This isn't 1978 with the only games available being Hockey Night in Canada. The kid will get plenty of exposure and the saving of the franchise Gretzky made famous is a natural story line.

How many people will stay up past midnight to watch games that begin at 10pm ET?  How many Winter Classics is Edmonton going to be in?  Or national Sunday afternoon games on NBC?

People who already like hockey will find their chances to watch him.  His ability to draw new fans to the game is severely diminished by playing for Edmonton.

TPeg get your GM a PR person er... Babysitter.

Seriously.  Or any media training at all.

Just off the top of my head, here's what you say: "Of course you always want to draft first, but we're not disappointed right now and our fans shouldn't be disappointed either.  We know there are two really special players coming out of this draft and we're excited to add one of them. Better days are coming for this team."

Whining about how you always want to have the best and not the second best, or how the NHL should have never changed the odds in the draft last Summer sounded ****ing terrible tonight.

Babcock ain't coming. I have come to terms with that. Hopefully Buffalo has a coach come the official draft day. Babcock in T.O? I see that as a possibility also. No shortage of cash there and the challenge is immense. Pat Burns and Quinn did well there. No reason to think Mike wouldn't join Shanny in the big market. Help rebuild that franchise also. Going to be fun in the next few months to see where all these chips fall. I tend to believe it just may be Luke Richardson in Buffalo.

E-man. No one is talking about Babcock in this thread. You're arguing with yourself bud. ;)

How many people will stay up past midnight to watch games that begin at 10pm ET?  How many Winter Classics is Edmonton going to be in?  Or national Sunday afternoon games on NBC?

People who already like hockey will find their chances to watch him.  His ability to draw new fans to the game is severely diminished by playing for Edmonton.

Bingo! 

Hit the nail on the head.  

You'd never know it by the frequency that you are posting about Babcock tonight.   :P

Edmonton is only two hours behind the East. The Kings are 3 hours and it hasn't been an issue. It's 2015, the world does not revolve around the eastern time zone and the 8 pm start time. 

Edmonton is only two hours behind the East. The Kings are 3 hours and it hasn't been an issue. It's 2015, the world does not revolve around the eastern time zone and the 8 pm start time. 

Really...  tell that to the NFL

Sorry to disagree but it does for hockey TV ratings and exposure.  Majority of NHL audience is East of the Mississippi.  

It's amazing how little I care about this.

Wake me up when we start winning games during an honest to goodnes season.

Lottery,… are you kidding me?! I can't wait until we are counting on our GM to actually build a GD team instead of relying on a bunch of ping-pong balls to do it for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.