GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

I want more out of Jack. I need more out of Jack.  

That said why the hell doesn't SJ rebuild?  I know it's because they gave NTC to old guys but damn are they screwed. 

Jack isn't going to do it alone. Him and Sam are going to have to be something special together for the rebuild to happen. 

Really? I have much higher expectations. Couture is a nice player, but Eich has a higher ceiling which I expect him to reach.

Maybe I'm tempering my expectations as don't want to run the kid out of town if he isn't all world. 

Jack isn't going to do it alone. Him and Sam are going to have to be something special together for the rebuild to happen.

Maybe I'm tempering my expectations as don't want to run the kid out of town if he isn't all world. 

Definitely agree.

Sam and Jack need to become the players scouts have projected. Sam smart solid all round game with scoring skill who raises the play of of those around him. Jack needs to score and be threat every time hit steps on the ice. If they both do that, the job of putting in the remaining pieces gets a lot easier. They both need to more than just good.

Well, Buffalo loses again.   How can anyone say there isn't a sports curse on Buffalo?   Somehow, Edmonton wins 4 out of 6 years, and Buffalo has the best percentage and still can't pull it off.

I remember last year on Lottery Day, GMTM intoned...."I want to win something".....   As I said at the time, GMTM best get used to losing if he stays in Buffalo - winning is just not the Buffalo way.   Always star-crossed.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Sam and Jack need to become the players scouts have projected. Sam smart solid all round game with scoring skill who raises the play of of those around him. Jack needs to score and be threat every time hit steps on the ice. If they both do that, the job of putting in the remaining pieces gets a lot easier. They both need to more than just good.

When I say good I am talking above average which to me is a 60-90 point season from both of them. 

Eichel should send McDavid a nice text just saying Edmonton with a laughing emoji after it. Of course if he did that, then Edmonton would make a trade with Buffalo and Jack would end up in hockey hell. I for one and psyched to get Eichel. I was expecting him all along and actually wanted him a little more. He is only going to get bigger and stronger.

Well, Buffalo loses again.   How can anyone say there isn't a sports curse on Buffalo?   Somehow, Edmonton wins 4 out of 6 years, and Buffalo has the best percentage and still can't pull it off.

I remember last year on Lottery Day, GMTM intoned...."I want to win something".....   As I said at the time, GMTM best get used to losing if he stays in Buffalo - winning is just not the Buffalo way.   Always star-crossed.  

It has nothing to do with Buffalo, the lottery is just that 

In the previous 20 seasons, the team with the worst record won the lottery a total of 6 times.  If we exclude the Crosby lottery, the worst team won 31.6% of the time.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-draft-lottery-a-historical-perspective/

And this is why you don't tank. Jack Eichel had better be the next Modano. You are never guaranteed the #1pick. NEVER!!!!!!!!!! By the way, when is Mike Babcock coming again? Yes the Sabres have loads of young talent but I do feel this "rebuild" will now take considerably longer then expected. In Jack we trust!!!! I still do not believe Babcock sets foot in Buffalo so start looking for another coach whose last name isn't Bylsma. Calling Luke Richardson! I hope this all pans out Sabre fans or we are in for years of more pain. Not my way of building but I am no GM. I prefer the Habs, Wings, Bruins way of building.

To the contrary.  This is exactly why you do tank.  Tanking was for Eichel, not McDavid.  

When I say good I am talking above average which to me is a 60-90 point season from both of them. 

You seem to keep forgetting Kane. He will fit into that point range.

Eichel should send McDavid a nice text just saying Edmonton with a laughing emoji after it. Of course if he did that, then Edmonton would make a trade with Buffalo and Jack would end up in hockey hell. I for one and psyched to get Eichel. I was expecting him all along and actually wanted him a little more. He is only going to get bigger and stronger.

I excited to get Jack as well. We have a mini team usa right now. Eichel I believe is ready for the pro game. He's a strong kid and will only get stronger. I'm excited for the draft and what other moves Murray has planned. And no I don't want O'Reilly. I'm not trading a ton of players for him.

Edmonton is the absolute best place for McDavid if he didn't end up in Buffalo. Three small town cheers for Edmonton.

If the bruins or kings or leafs got him it woulda been a nightmare.

I excited to get Jack as well. We have a mini team usa right now. Eichel I believe is ready for the pro game. He's a strong kid and will only get stronger. I'm excited for the draft and what other moves Murray has planned. And no I don't want O'Reilly. I'm not trading a ton of players for him.

Eichel is gonna be freaky strong as he matures. The kid has the strength of a 28 yr old already.

Beyond good to me is Conn Smythe winner. One of the two has to be a natural born killer when it comes to big games. My hope is that both are.

I will take ROR but opinion has changed over the course of this season. We aren't winning the cup next year so why give up a lot of assets to get him? Someone else pointed that out and I agree with it. If you want him bad enough, all he costs is money in one year. If we get him this off season and lock him up though I think I can deal with it lol.

I don't deny Evander is a key cog in the mix as is Ennis. To me those 4 guys are the cornerstone of the franchise now. 

Ha! And I was overlooking Ennis lol. Next year is going to start to be a fun time for hockey fans again.

YoloinOhio, from Off the Wall at TwoBillsDrive was kind enough to post this over there: 

@ajwilliams23: @Jack_Eichel11 I know we haven't drafted you yet but man you're gonna love the city of buffalo. Promise you that! #OneBuffalo 

Gotta love Aaron Williams. 

GO SABRES!!!
Edited by K-9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.