GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

It's amazing how little I care about this.

Wake me up when we start winning games during an honest to goodnes season.

Lottery,… are you ###### kidding me?! I can't wait until we are counting on our GM to actually build a GD team instead of relying on a bunch of ###### ping-pong balls to do it for him.

:wub:

Lottery,… are you ###### kidding me?! I can't wait until we are counting on our GM to actually build a GD team instead of relying on a bunch of ###### ping-pong balls to do it for him.

Congrats! That era started about 58 minutes ago!

It's not just the GM. You have to have scouts with a keen eye.

I know no one is talking Babcock in this thread but wouldn't you agree, the next big step (huge step really) is who TM gets as coach? We have lots of kids now and their development is pivotal to where this franchise goes in the next 3-5 years. I am set with Eichel. I admit I wanted McDavid but like I said, i trust Central Scouting and am happy with Jack. i also agree that I hope he does play with a chip on his shoulder to show he was not "the consolation prize". That being said, The coach thing has me worried, we screw that up and it is more pain, and seriously, have we as fans not suffered enough now? I have had it with the play of this club the past 3 seasons. The coaching choice will make it or break it 

Amen. Murray has had the easiest job in sports since he was hired. Now shut up for a few months and build a hockey team. Honeymoon over!!

Amen. Murray has had the easiest job in sports since he was hired. Now shut up for a few months and build a hockey team. Honeymoon over!!

When I first read this I thought it said Anne Murray. Nooooooooooo ! Hate her voice. I'd rather hear Tim Murray sing. Seriously, I need glasses.

So the NHL creates a solution to their perceived problem and the same problem continues.  A team that can't get out of its own way gets another first overall pick.  I don't think anyone except for Edmonton fans are happy about this.  Possibly Eichel as he gets to go to Buffalo.  The NHL can't be happy about it.  McDavid certainly didn't look happy during his interview.

Edited by respk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.