GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Anyhow, the bottom line is this. We do have loads of good young talent here now. The B.S. is done with and so is the tanking. It is most definitely time to move forward with Jack. I just hope we get a very good coach with a very good system. This will be the next really important move by our GM. God bless you Jack and Tim Murray, please bring respectability back to this franchise. I have not worn my closet full of Sabres gear in 3 years and am dying to break it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team was terrible for the last 2 years in hopes of getting the best player in this draft. Not the 2nd best.

History will determine who the best players from the 2014 & 2015 drafts are, not pre-draft rankings. 

I don't see why McDavid to Edmonton is bad for the NHL. This isn't 1978 with the only games available being Hockey Night in Canada. The kid will get plenty of exposure and the saving of the franchise Gretzky made famous is a natural story line.

Babcock ain't comin here. I stand by that. Feel free to make me eat it if he does. I do hope that he does but I just cannot see it. I also hope Eichel does play with a chip on his shoulder. I have an ugly feeling Babcock goes to Philly. Also a wealthy owner and maybe Babcock has more control then with TMGM. Money itself will not entice Babcock, he has plenty already. Hey, if you haven't seen Eichel play, you don't know Jack! Babcock to Philly, just my guess.

Right, because coaches have always had such power in Philadelphia :blink: .  Clarke and Holmgren are much bigger control freaks that you imagine Murray to be.  If Babcock is looking for more say in the organization, he won't choose Philly.

Edited by jad1

Honestly hated how Murray sounded on WGR just now.  

We're getting a generational player and he sounds like he's about to cry.  This is a good time to act like you're thrilled Jack Eichel is coming to town since he can hear these interviews.  Go ahead and let the guy you're going to draft know that you're excited he's coming.

Honestly hated how Murray sounded on WGR just now.  

We're getting a generational player and he sounds like he's about to cry.  This is a good time to act like you're thrilled Jack Eichel is coming to town since he can hear these interviews.  Go ahead and let the guy you're going to draft know that you're excited he's coming.

You should hear McDavid right now. He sounds... well he sounds worse than Murray, a lot worse. 

788 people on the forum right now

Edited by LGR4GM

You should hear McDavid right now. He sounds... well he sounds worse than Murray, a lot worse. 

So?  He's allowed to.  (And I did watch his interview after.)  He's a teenager.

GMTM is an adult and should be smart enough to want to get off on the right foot with the best player he's ever going to draft.

History will determine who the best players from the 2014 & 2015 drafts are, not pre-draft rankings. 

I don't see why McDavid to Edmonton is bad for the NHL. This isn't 1978 with the only games available being Hockey Night in Canada. The kid will get plenty of exposure and the saving of the franchise Gretzky made famous is a natural story line.

It'll be interesting to see if Edmonton becomes more of a destination for FAs and players with no-trade clauses with McDavid in the fold. 

Because he's not going to a US eastern market which start most of their games at 7-8pm, and would help draw more viewers, as well as playing against Eichel and Crosby more times. He will only play in his hometown area of Toronto once a year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.