GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Potentially the difference between Crosby and Bobby Ryan, for starters.

I would say more like the difference between Crosby and Tavares (now Tavares) or Getzlaf or Stamkos or basically another really awesome NHL center that isn't Sid the Kid.

Edited by LGR4GM

I would say more like the difference between Crosby and Tavares (now Tavares) or Getzlaf or Stamkos or basically another really awesome NHL center that isn't Sid the Kid.

+1

I agree, though I do think he has the potential to be Toews.

McDavid may always rack up more points, but that never guarantees a Cup, and seeing how Edm handles stuff, I'd be not shocked if they over rely on McDavid like the Pens do with Crosby and thus have weak depth. 

+1

I agree, though I do think he has the potential to be Toews.

McDavid may always rack up more points, but that never guarantees a Cup, and seeing how Edm handles stuff, I'd be not shocked if they over rely on McDavid like the Pens do with Crosby and thus have weak depth. 

The key for Edm will be to not treat McDavid like Crosby. Gotta surround him with toughness and talent.  Edm sadly is smaller. 

The 2 year tank was for 1/2 pick last year and McEichel. It was never about a 20% chance at Mcdavid. Having said that, let's not pretend that McDavid isn't on a whole nother level than Eichel.

I am a lot more upset than I thought I was going to be when Edmonton won it. I just keep thinking about how close OUR team was to getting a Crosby.

It's ok. We'll have two Messier's on our team in Zemgus and Jack!

Not surprised by the lottery results. I would've liked McDavid obviously, but am thrilled Eichel is our guy. We have an abundance of young talent coming.....

Reinhart, Kane, the kids on defense......

We will start now on building this team into a contender again. I can't believe the Oilers won again, maybe the 99 comparisons will make the kid want out???

Hopefully Eichel is as quality a person as is McDavid. If so, we have done just fine. Again, you had to know the Sabres wouldn't get the number one pick???

BTW the lottery is a joke. As we've seen, coaches coach and players play. Nobody tanks. And to penalize a franchise for the GM putting out whatever team he chooses, should not have a thing to do with picks. The last I looked all the players are in the NHLPA, therefore, they are NHL players. And the lottery should not be a consideration. 

0.76 points per game is nothing to sneeze at nor is a guy that capable of putting close to 30 goals a season. 

I want more out of Jack. I need more out of Jack.  

That said why the hell doesn't SJ rebuild?  I know it's because they gave NTC to old guys but damn are they screwed. 

Not surprised by the lottery results. I would've liked McDavid obviously, but am thrilled Eichel is our guy. We have an abundance of young talent coming.....

Reinhart, Kane, the kids on defense......

We will start now on building this team into a contender again. I can't believe the Oilers won again, maybe the 99 comparisons will make the kid want out???

Hopefully Eichel is as quality a person as is McDavid. If so, we have done just fine. Again, you had to know the Sabres wouldn't get the number one pick???

BTW the lottery is a joke. As we've seen, coaches coach and players play. Nobody tanks. And to penalize a franchise for the GM putting out whatever team he chooses, should not have a thing to do with picks. The last I looked all the players are in the NHLPA, therefore, they are NHL players. And the lottery should not be a consideration.

I agree with u and have been saying this in previous posts. I knew we weren't winning the lottery. It's up because a team like Arizona could use a top offensive player and will miss out because of a flawed system. I'm a believer that the worst team picks first just like the NFL. Players aren't throwing games.

Those are lofty guys to compare him to, I'd be happy if he becomes another Logan Couture.

Really? I have much higher expectations. Couture is a nice player, but Eich has a higher ceiling which I expect him to reach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.