2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

This Detroit-Tampa series is going to be fun. I love offense. 

Stamkos just shot a puck directly into his own player's face.  :blink:

Good.  I'm changing over to that.

Rags-Pens is just, wow, it's like watching the Sabs against Columbus or something.

This Detroit-Tampa series is going to be fun. I love offense. 

Stamkos just shot a puck directly into his own player's face.  :blink:

I would love to have Datsyuk, on my team, even at this age. What a player.

I would love to have Datsyuk, on my team, even at this age. What a player.

I was really hoping we'd get to see a healthy Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the playoffs this year. The last few years they've struggled to be relevant in the post season. This year looks good. 

OK. shrader, I love you. But anyone thinking Stone embellished has taken his name too far and has put a 'd' on the end of it.

Rags-Pens is so ###### boring that I want to tear my eyes out.

Maybe embellish isn't the right word, but there is definitely a "hey look at me" factor that is grilled into people at this point when they get hurt. Just because you do actually get hurt doesn't mean you don't try to sell it as well. That reaction looked a bit too big to me.

few points on that PK slash.

intent to injure is clear to me on that play. he looks around, he chokes up on the lumber, he targets the exposed wrist. Reminded me of the Graves slash on Mario.

there is no way PK can defend it. the puck was not there. no shot was incoming. I suppose he could say he thought a wormhole opened up and hitler replaced Stone and he was simply defending the world from a new thrid reich.

Last it was a stupid stupid play, middle of the ice, in front of the net? it would be hard to make what he did even more visible. be smart PK pull that in mob of bodies or when Stone has the puck so you can at least say you where trying to play the puck.

The difference between Chara and Subban is that Chara is more subtle in his abuse. He knows just how hard to thump guys so that it hurts them but not badly. Subban doesn't know how to do that.

Don't forget, Chara also has the advantage of being white.

Maybe embellish isn't the right word, but there is definitely a "hey look at me" factor that is grilled into people at this point when they get hurt. Just because you do actually get hurt doesn't mean you don't try to sell it as well. That reaction looked a bit too big to me.

Yep.

Wait what?  What does Subban being black have to do with anything? I missed something didn't I?  

I don't think it has anything to do with anything, and I think Swamp was kidding.

He's still my biggest "wish he were a Sabre" even though I want him suspended for this, FWIW.

Wait what?  What does Subban being black have to do with anything? I missed something didn't I?

I don't think it has anything to do with anything, and I think Swamp was kidding.

He's still my biggest "wish he were a Sabre" even though I want him suspended for this, FWIW.

Not completely kidding. I absolutely believe that him being black effects how people view what he does on the ice. I unfortunately have an entire text chain on my phone about the incident from all the guys on my hockey team. Good guys that all have some level of bias that I wish they didn't have.

Look at it this way, think of all the stuff Chara has done that he never got suspended for, or even a penalty in some cases. Do you think that would have been the case if he was black? I don't. Not a big deal, just sayin'.

Can the NHL PLEASE start calling interference on a play where a guy dumps the puck in to chase it and the dman just holds the forward up? Beauchemin just completely knocked Wheeler down a good three strides after he dumped the puck in.

How does Anaheim still get a penalty even though replay showed a goal was scored and everything that happened after that is not supposed to count as evidenced by the clock being reset to the time of the goal??

That doesn't add up to me...so anything afterwards doesn't count, but a penalty committed afterwards does?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.