2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

That was the common thought when he came up in Nashville. Clearly hasn't lived up to it despite the flash in Buffalo's system.

Yes clearly. Always thought of as prospect though and you can see the similarities in their style of play, especially how they handle the puck. Franchises try to catch these more mental backends (e.g. Bishop, M Smith, Varly) when they discover their confidence and game. Sometimes all it is is the environment. Hoping Lindback found his comfort zone here, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a contract.

Omfg, wtf!!! Brickley is between the glass for the Wings/Lightning game. I'd rather listen to Pierre!!!

Haha, nails on a chalkboard. He knows his stuff at least. Much better than the team that did the Hawks/Preds game last night. His biggest detriment is how big of a homer he is (and obnoxious Mass accent), but hopefully that was eliminated with the Bs.

My NBCSN is blacked out, but I got the Wild/Blues on NBCSa.

I don't believe I have NBCSa.

My nbcsn is frozen on an Allegra commercial, I can hear what's going on but can't see anything. Detroit Tampa is on nbc though so I'm not bothered.

I'm bothered because I want to watch St. Louis/Minnesota.

What are the better answers?

So, you don't have an answer?

If there are better options available to the Sabres, lets here them?

Look at the free agent goalie list. There's your answer. Jimmy Howard is on par with most of that list. Unless we're signing a Lundqvist type then the goalie slot is basically plug n play.

I don't believe I have NBCSa.

I have Direct TV. NBCSN is 220 and NBCSa is 220-1. Don't know if cable carries those secondary channels.

Haha, nails on a chalkboard. He knows his stuff at least. Much better than the team that did the Hawks/Preds game last night. His biggest detriment is how big of a homer he is (and obnoxious Mass accent), but hopefully that was eliminated with the Bs.

Homerism is gone, but not the annoying accent. Keeps referring to Tampa as "Tamper". Guy shouldn't be on TV outside of beantown. Edited by Claude Balls

What are the better answers? 

So, you don't have an answer? 

If there are better options available to the Sabres, lets here them? 

Howard was tied for 33rd in save percentage this season and tied for 34th last season. So seriously, pick somebody, and I'd probably rather have them...especially if you consider contract. If going UFA, Niemi is my guy, followed by Dubnyk. But I'm also open to trading for a young backup like Lehner or Talbot. A bit more expensive trade options, but I think Bernier could be had from Toronto given their rebuild, and I'd inquire about Bishop to see how ready Tampa is to hand the keys to Vasilevskiy. There are plenty of options who are better and cheaper than Howard.

Howard was tied for 33rd in save percentage this season and tied for 34th last season. So seriously, pick somebody, and I'd probably rather have them...especially if you consider contract. If going UFA, Niemi is my guy, followed by Dubnyk. But I'm also open to trading for a young backup like Lehner or Talbot. A bit more expensive trade options, but I think Bernier could be had from Toronto given their rebuild, and I'd inquire about Bishop to see how ready Tampa is to hand the keys to Vasilevskiy. There are plenty of options who are better and cheaper than Howard.

Not to mention less injury prone.

That Tampa play by play dude is like nails on a chalkboard.

Worse, bamboo under nails on a chalkboard.

Mmmm, acid in eyes, bamboo under nails on a chalkboard.

He is terrible and makes the game almost unbearable with his Tampa goal calls. Jeesh ! 

I had to reschedule something from Thursday to Friday evening, so I wouldn't have been able to go to the Preds game whether I wanted to try and jump through hoops or not. But, we were thinking of going down to Broadway later on but decided not to figuring it would be chaos.

Turns out, people we know went and said there were only three people outside the arena watching on the big video screen.

I had to reschedule something from Thursday to Friday evening, so I wouldn't have been able to go to the Preds game whether I wanted to try and jump through hoops or not. But, we were thinking of going down to Broadway later on but decided not to figuring it would be chaos.

Turns out, people we know went and said there were only three people outside the arena watching on the big video screen.

Don't forget to let SDS off the hook on your sig.

;)

See, was it that hard? 

You have to now compare that list to how many teams will be in the market for goalies. I hope the Sabres are aggressive in the goaltending marker this off-season. I'd like to see some type of stability as the franchise moves forward. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.