2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

Anybody see Ottawa's coach (Dave Cameron) say that they'll slash one of Montreal's best players if the league doesn't suspend Subban? Yikes. That series should be intense.

As much as I've liked Chicago recently I was really pulling for Nashville there. Damn. Duncan Keith with a rocket.

I found myself pulling for Nashville, too. It's hard not to like Chicago, though. Would like to have watched the Ottawa game, but seeing the replay of Subban's fit in the tunnel was all I needed. Well, that and Flynn causing the GM to do a happy dance with his partner.

Name them

Keep in mind I just went down the roster, not all are playing. Most of them are in their lineups though. 

Vanek

Pominville

Stewart

Leopold

Ballard

Gaustad

Ott

Pardy

Stafford

Myers

Thorburn

Byron

Kassian

Miller

Mitchell 

Flynn

MacArthur

Boulton

Neuvirth

Halak

Moore

Ehrhoff

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Anybody see Ottawa's coach (Dave Cameron) say that they'll slash one of Montreal's best players if the league doesn't suspend Subban? Yikes. That series should be intense.

As much as I've liked Chicago recently I was really pulling for Nashville there. Damn. Duncan Keith with a rocket.

That was not a vicious slash. A slash, yes. Not vicious.

Stone should have been called for diving. They way his head snapped towards the ref was comical.

If I was Subban I would have furious, too.

Keep in mind I just went down the roster, not all are playing. Most of them are in their lineups though. 

Vanek

Pominville

Stewart

Leopold

Ballard

Gaustad

Ott

Pardy

Stafford

Myers

Thorburn

Byron

Kassian

Miller

Mitchell 

Flynn

MacArthur

Boulton

Neuvirth

Halak

Moore

Ehrhoff

If the Kings had made it into the playoffs, there'd be enough for a full complement.of defencemen.

Oddly enough, no #1 center.

That was not a vicious slash. A slash, yes. Not vicious.

Stone should have been called for diving. They way his head snapped towards the ref was comical.

If I was Subban I would have furious, too.

Subban's intent to injure was pretty clear. No idea what you're talking about.

everyone has you on ignore.   :D

I hadn't seen his thread--Tank, I don't have you on ignore but your comment seems to have disappeared.

I do think it's less cluttered to have one thread per round.

That said, I don't really care who starts a thread, either, and it looks like you have some good info in yours, so my suggestion is that you edit your title, mods pin that one, and mods shut this one down.

I agree. I was shocked the announcers kept going on that was not a major cause Stones arm was not cracked in two...only league in the world where injury dictates the penalty. Can you see the NFL saying not roughing the passer unless the guy needs to come out of the game and miss the next 5.

Two handed overhand whack....if that is not a major with intent i dont know what is.

Edited by plenzmd1

I hadn't seen his thread--Tank, I don't have you on ignore but your comment seems to have disappeared.

I do think it's less cluttered to have one thread per round.

That said, I don't really care who starts a thread, either, and it looks like you have some good info in yours, so my suggestion is that you edit your title, mods pin that one, and mods shut this one down.

Mods? There are no mods anymore. We're living in Escape From New York in here. You want anything done, you gotta see The Duke. I got all this complaining to do and that thread'll open up at 11:55 and before I'm done typing it will be locked again. Mods. Pffft!

I am not going to comment other than PK Subban doing a 2 handed slash and then jumping up and down all upset about is HILARIOUS. 

A better question would be if Stone was McEichel and that slashed happened at any point in the season, how would you want the Buffalo Sabres to respond? 

Mods? There are no mods anymore. We're living in Escape From New York in here. You want anything done, you gotta see The Duke. I got all this complaining to do and that thread'll open up at 11:55 and before I'm done typing it will be locked again. Mods. Pffft!

:lol:

Is PA the cab driver?

He definitely meant to slash him and that's a penalty, 2 min. There's just something about the way Stone made it look like he got shot, glancing at the ref to make sure he saw him looking like he got shot, that doesn't sit well with me. Almost like he knew if he acted really injured (he wasn't, he went to the tunnel to make it look good and then played his next shift) it would get PK thrown out.

I am not going to comment other than PK Subban doing a 2 handed slash and then jumping up and down all upset about is HILARIOUS.

A better question would be if Stone was McEichel and that slashed happened at any point in the season, how would you want the Buffalo Sabres to respond?

I think the game misconduct penalty was sufficient. If they hadn't ejected him I'd have assumed there'd be immediate retribution.

That said, if it were the Sabres, I'd expect them to make life miserable for Carey Price. Fall on him, stick him, bump him. Anything you can get.

He definitely meant to slash him and that's a penalty, 2 min. There's just something about the way Stone made it look like he got shot, glancing at the ref to make sure he saw him looking like he got shot, that doesn't sit well with me. Almost like he knew if he acted really injured (he wasn't, he went to the tunnel to make it look good and then played his next shift) it would get PK thrown out.

I think Stone's response would have been my response. The fact that Subban's stick didn't break means none of that energy dissipated. He caught that full swing. I'd be looking at the ref too.

I agree. If I were the NHL, max fine for Subban for the slash. Stone, max fine for embellishment with a warning about a suspension.  The coach, hefty fine and warning that he better think before he speaks.  Finally, Subban and Stone have to publicly apologize prior to the next game.  And then we move on. 

This is what you get for commenting on one period of play :P

I'm looking forward to some overtime hockey...primarily because I couldn't watch the early games and I find Vancouver-Calgary to be a spectacularly uninspiring series.

Uninspiring if you don't watch the game. That game was great last night.

Subban has always been a punk who gets away with taking cheap shots and then running away when challenged. If one of the games gets one sided, an Ottawa player should chop Subban and if they're consistent the refs should give him the same penalty.

Good stuff.

I reported my own post so that'll get some attention.  Chz and freeman and SDS all have day jobs...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.