2015 NHL Playoffs -- Round 1

Hoss

It's everybody's favorite time of year... Spring is in the air and the NHL Playoffs are about to kick off. Let's do this

EASTERN CONFERENCE

4OTkHJJu.png1

Game 1 - New York 2, Pittsburgh 1

Game 2 - Pittsburgh 4, New York 3

Game 3 - New York 2, Pittsburgh 1

Game 4 - New York 2, Pittsburgh 1 (OT)

Game 5 - New York 2, Pittsburgh 1 (OT)

46uWv0uJ.png3

Game 1 - New York 4, Washington 1

Game 2 - Washington 4, New York 3

Game 3 - New York 2, Washington 1 (OT)

Game 4 - Washington 2, New York 1 (OT)

Game 5 - Washington 2, New York 1 (OT)

Game 6 - New York 3, Washington 1

Game 7 - Washington 2, New York 1

4ixnph1s.png2

Game 1 - Montreal 4, Ottawa 3

Game 2 - Montreal 3, Ottawa 2 (OT)

Game 3 - Montreal 2, Ottawa 1 (OT)

Game 4 - Ottawa 1, Montreal 0

Game 5 - Ottawa 5, Montreal 1

Game 6 - Montreal 2, Ottawa 0

38qysDwD.png3

Game 1 - Detroit 3, Tampa Bay 2

Game 2 - Tampa Bay 5, Detroit 1

Game 3 - Detroit 3, Tampa Bay 0

Game 4 - Tampa Bay 3, Detroit 2 (OT)

Game 5 - Detroit 4, Tampa Bay 0

Game 6 - Tampa Bay 5, Detroit 2

Game 7 - Wednesday April 29th 7:30 p.m. - NBCSN

*All series are hosted by team on left going Home-Home-Away-Away-Home-Away-Home

Edited by Hoss

WESTERN CONFERENCE

4C7xnzJy.png0

Game 1 - Anaheim 4, Winnipeg 2

Game 2 - Anaheim 2, Winnipeg 1

Game 3 - Anaheim 5, Winnipeg 4 (OT)

Game 4 - Anaheim 5, Winnipeg 2

25VrKHAz.png4

Game 1 - Calgary 2, Vancouver 1

Game 2 - Vancouver 4, Calgary 1

Game 3 - Calgary 4, Vancouver 2

Game 4 - Calgary 3, Vancouver 1

Game 5 - Vancouver 2, Calgary 1

Game 6 - Calgary 7, Vancouver 4

2Oe822D5.png4

Game 1 - Minnesota 4, St. Louis 2

Game 2 - St. Louis 4, Minnesota 1

Game 3 - Minnesota 3, St. Louis 0

Game 4 - St. Louis 6, Minnesota 1

Game 5 - Minnesota 4, St. Louis 1

Game 6 - Minnesota 4, St. Louis 1

2jtxk6zO.png4

Game 1 - Chicago 4, Nashville 3 (OT)

Game 2 - Nashville 6, Chicago 2

Game 3 - Chicago 4, Nashville 2

Game 4 - Chicago 3, Nashville 2 (3 OT)

Game 5 - Nashville 5, Chicago 2

Game 6 - Chicago 4, Nashville 3

*All series are hosted by team on left going Home-Home-Away-Away-Home-Away-Home

Edited by Hoss

The Wings are screwed. There's no way they're beating Bishop without the same kind of stability in their own end.

Ageeed, and I hope they gets swept. Both to deter Babcock from returning and because I'd like to see TB advance Edited by WildCard

my bracket

west

Wild 4 -2 blues

preds1 - 4 hawks

Ducks 3-4 jets

canucks 4 - 2 flames

Wild vs hawks

Jets vs canucks

wild vs canucks

East

Canadiens 2 - 4 senators

Lightning 4 - 1 Red wings

Rangers 4 - 1 Penguins

Capitals 4 - 2 Islanders

Senators - Lightning

Rangers - Capitals

Lightning  - Rangers

Stanley cup final

Lightning VS Canucks

26 goals scored

Tampa wins.

I glanced at the match ups today and concluded there are maybe three first round series which interest me on paper.

Caps/NYI intrigues me; Tampa/Detroit intrigues me; and Nashville/Hawks

Which series is everyone anticipating the most? 

As Sabres fans, we should be rooting for the Blues to win the cup - giving the Jets the 30th pick.

Similarly, we want the Islanders knocked out in the first or second round and having the last four made up of Ottawa, Detroit, Minnesota, Calgary, Pittsburgh or Winnipeg.

If everything went our way we would draft 1st, 17th and give the 30th pick to the Jets - this is our best case scenario 

I'm easily the most intrigued by Minnesota and St. Louis. Two extremely fun teams to watch.

Interested in Ottawa - Montreal because Ottawa dominated Montreal in their last few meetings but is full of a group of young guns on a hot streak. Will Price cool them off? If I'm Montreal I'm sending Prust over the boards the second I see Mark Stone on the ice. Hit them hard and then out skate them.

Ones that don't interest me:

Detroit - Tampa Bay. We already know that Tampa is going to out-Detroit Detroit. Maybe the influx of youth allows Detroit to steal a game and it's not crazy to think they could win the series, but I don't think it'll be very interesting either way.

NYR - Pittsburgh. One team has two of the most talented players in the league with recent success and high expectations and the other team will still be playing after this series ends.

Edited by Hoss

I'm easily the most intrigued by Minnesota and St. Louis. Two extremely fun teams to watch.

Interested in Ottawa - Montreal because Ottawa dominated Montreal in their last few meetings but is full of a group of young guns on a hot streak. Will Price cool them off? If I'm Montreal I'm sending Prust over the boards the second I see Mark Stone on the ice. Hit them hard and then out skate them.

Ones that don't interest me:

Detroit - Tampa Bay. We already know that Tampa is going to out-Detroit Detroit. Maybe the influx of youth allows Detroit to steal a game and it's not crazy to think they could win the series, but I don't think it'll be very interesting either way.

NYR - Pittsburgh. One team has two of the most talented players in the league with recent success and high expectations and the other team will still be playing after this series ends.

The top two match-ups in the West (St.Louis-Minnesota & Nashville-Chicago) are easily my two most anticipated series. I think that latter one, though it may not go the 7 games I have the Blues-Wild going, will be an awesome series.

Other than that, Islanders-Capitals, Ducks-WPG, Montreal-Ottawa, and Rangers-Pens should all be good/great. Really the only one I don't care about, other than Babcock implications, is the Detroit-TB series you talked about.

The top two match-ups in the West (St.Louis-Minnesota & Nashville-Chicago) are easily my two most anticipated series. I think that latter one, though it may not go the 7 games I have the Blues-Wild going, will be an awesome series.

Other than that, Islanders-Capitals, Ducks-WPG, Montreal-Ottawa, and Rangers-Pens should all be good/great. Really the only one I don't care about, other than Babcock implications, is the Detroit-TB series you talked about.

The only series' I have a rooting interest in right now are Tampa over Detroit for Babcock reasons and the Caps to ensure a better pick from the Isles.

Also, I don't think the Rangers - Pens will be remotely interesting. Pittsburgh will probably steal one but I'd be surprised if the rest of the games aren't at least two-goal Rangers victories. Crazy stuff happens in the postseason but the Pens defense is depleted and we all know how Fleury plays in the postseason.

The only series' I have a rooting interest in right now are Tampa over Detroit for Babcock reasons and the Caps to ensure a better pick from the Isles.

Also, I don't think the Rangers - Pens will be remotely interesting. Pittsburgh will probably steal one but I'd be surprised if the rest of the games aren't at least two-goal Rangers victories. Crazy stuff happens in the postseason but the Pens defense is depleted and we all know how Fleury plays in the postseason.

The only reasons I'm interested in the Pens series is 

1) To see how well the Rangers start the playoffs. I'm not saying they're remotely comparable to the 2007 Sabres, but I remember winning the President's trophy and then struggling mightily throughout the playoffs. I'm interested to see how driven/dominate the Rangers are to start their Cup run. If they let this series go to 6/7 games, I think it tells a lot about them.

2) To see how poorly the Penguins are. If the series works out like we think it will, 5 game domination by the Rangers, I want to see just how poorly made the Penguins are for the playoffs. Fleury and Crosby had terrible postseasons last year, I'm interested in seeing if they rebound. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.