- The draft 

- Opening of free agency/trade period

- Rookie development camp(July?)

- Training camp

- First preseason game that McEichel dresses for

- SEASON OPENER!

GO SABRES!!

Edited by LabattBlue

I'm excited to watch some of the playoffs this year.  Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota.  I'm rooting for an under dog all the way.  Hopefully Chicago is obliterated! :D  Though thank you Jonathan Toews for your 46 second miracle outburst.  Obviously I'm stoked for the draft lottery in 6 days, but the playoffs are really interesting and all the match-ups are neat. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

- Drafting first or second.

- Our other draft picks.  This is supposedly the deepest draft since 2003 and we probably have two more picks between 20 and 31, and then another one later in the 2nd.  I'm not in a rush to trade those away.  What if we could draft more than one future star this June?

- The press conference for McEichel after the draft.

- Rookie camp.

- Training camp.

- Return of Sam Reinhart.

- Progress from Risto and Zadorov.

- Finding out if Evander Kane can live up to the hype.

- Seeing what Bogosian can do with a full season.

- Find out if the Johan Larsson from March is the real Johan Larsson.

- If Nic Deslauriers can finish in the top ten in hits again next season.

- Moulson and Ennis on a team with some talent again.

- McEichel

I'm really excited to see Ennis play with a talented center. This year he's looked to take the next step in his game. He seemed to single handedly create more offense and buy the extra second for himself to pick his head up and find his linemates. I'd love to see him play with Kane and Eichel.

Nic Deslauriers was amazing this year. The guy is impossible to play against, and never stops moving his feet. His hands aren't made of stone, either, unless he's caving in goons' skulls. I would be perfectly happy with a third line consisting of Nic and Marcus on the wing with Larsson or Girgensons between them. I'm excited that our forwards are likely to be good enough to force one of them down to the 4th line.

Rasmus picked his spots to demolish people this year. He displayed toughness and silky smooth skill, getting better as the year went on. I'm excited to watch him continue to develop into a top pairing guy, maybe even a #1. Maybe maybe maybe a Norris contender one day. I'm glad we picked him instead of Nichushkin, despite my screams of rage when it happened.

I'm excited to watch our first pick in B&G for the next 10 years. yes.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I'm really excited to see Ennis play with a talented center.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Different players, but consider what a talented center did for Stafford. Drew ###### Stafford.

And since I stopped paying attention, I was unaware that Ennis had been playing right wing for most of the season. So we could be looking at a line of McEichel-Ennis-Kane?***

/goes to look for the 2015-2016 lineup thread.

*** Or is that McEichel-Kane-Ennis. Or Kane-McEichel-Ennis?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Though thank you Jonathan Toews for your 46 second miracle outburst.

As it turned out, the Sabres would have won the shart anyway. They had the tiebreaker and ended up two points behind Arizona.

My kids are waiting for the draft lottery before picking their jersey numbers for spring league hockey.

If the Sabres get Eichel, who wears #9? Him or Kane?

I'm excited I get to use this avatar for the entire offseaon.  Thanks alot Wildcard.  Still so worth it......

I spit out my beer when I scrolled past your avatar, had to do a double-take  :lol:  :worthy:

It gets funnier the more I see it 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.