Lottery to be made available for public viewing

Eleven

I think someone mentioned — and I forget who, whom sorry — that we still have the best odds of getting him. It's like 20% and the rest are all lower than that, lower than 20%, I want to say.

This point has been mentioned many times before, and, as always, it is completely irrelevant.  It doesn't matter one iota what the Sabres' odds are relative to the Coyotes' or the Leafs' or anyone else's.  It only matters what their odds are relative to the field's -- because the only question we care about is whether the Sabres get McD.  If anyone else gets him -- it doesn't matter who it is, only that the Sabres didn't get him. 

The Sabres have a 20% chance; the field has an 80% chance.  That's all that matters.

McDavid is actually going to be at the lottery too, so that would be a pointless exercise by Timmy.

Just ask Aud Smell how tough it is to get out of those bushes after you've been there for a while.

Edit:  Oh, he beat me to it already.

Edited by shrader

Lottery ball combinations posted:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=763807

(gray box middle of page)

11, 12, 13, 14 is the re-draw combination.  I'm glad they just took the last one and dropped it out instead of going random.

I do wish though that they drew 5 balls just so someone could be assigned President Skroob's luggage combination.  No need for the youtube clip LGR, we all get the reference.

11, 12, 13, 14 is the re-draw combination.  I'm glad they just took the last one and dropped it out instead of going random.

I do wish though that they drew 5 balls just so someone could be assigned President Skroob's luggage combination.  No need for the youtube clip LGR, we all get the reference.

... well that takes all the fun out of it.  

So, anyone feel like digging the 200 Sabres combinations outta there? Ill do it around 12am tonight if nobody else does but until then I'm busy

There is a link on the article that sorts by team combination. The Sabres have the whole first page for their combos.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Lottery-2015-Look-Up-Table-Alpha-by-Team.pdf

So, anyone feel like digging the 200 Sabres combinations outta there? Ill do it around 12am tonight if nobody else does but until then I'm busy

It's already done for us. Go to the link that assquatch posted and click the draft lottery lookup by club link and it opens up a 6 page pdf file. Our picks are all on page 2.

Edited by Drunkard

I guess I do not understand the lottery. The numbers 1-14 are to be drawn, but none of the teams have #14 as their first number. I am assuming order of the numbers do not matter? So once they pick 4 numbers, rearrange them from low to high and whoever has that combination wins? Is that right? So if 14, 2, 1, and 3, are drawn, that's the same as 1,2,3,14 and we can start to party?

I guess I do not understand the lottery. The numbers 1-14 are to be drawn, but none of the teams have #14 as their first number. I am assuming order of the numbers do not matter? So once they pick 4 numbers, rearrange them from low to high and whoever has that combination wins? Is that right? So if 14, 2, 1, and 3, are drawn, that's the same as 1,2,3,14 and we can start to party?

yes.

You're right.  It's exactly the same as powerball or mega millions.  The order does not matter.

Right on.  There is a much simpler way to do it, but the NHL went with this one.

None of this means dick unless the NHL also releases the list of number combos assigned to each team.

They did

for example:

2 6 7 12 is one of Buffalos

Edited by wjag

They did

for example:

2 6 7 12 is one of Buffalos

Yeah--PTR--look at the previous page.  You can get the list ordered by number or ordered by team.

It's pretty much impossible to argue that this thing is fixed now, unless someone can tinker with the machine:

1)  The list is publicly available.

2)  The draw will be observed by a member of the Sabres' executive team.

3)  The draw will be shown on the Internet after it is completed.

I think next year, the league will probably show the draws live.  With three draws and bs commentary in between, there's enough for a half hour show.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.