Lottery to be made available for public viewing

Eleven

Why does the league have to cut between when balls are popped?

The boneheads in the league office can't even get a Youtube video right. :doh:

Oh, my goodness Taro. That video is hilarious. SNL couldn't have produced a better parody of a league rigging a drawing. All that's missing is Marty Short's sleazy, flop-sweating, chain-smoking lawyer character. Unbelievable.

It will be controversial because of the stakes, but not pre-determined.

I don't think it's predetermined. Your sarcasm hopper is down.

Oh, my goodness Taro. That video is hilarious. SNL couldn't have produced a better parody of a league rigging a drawing. All that's missing is Marty Short's sleazy, flop-sweating, chain-smoking lawyer character. Unbelievable.

I don't think it's predetermined. Your sarcasm hopper is down.

oops

oops

There were no clues it was sarcasm. I just felt like being someone else for a second. In all honesty, nothing would shock me. They might rig it. I just can't bring myself to think it or believe it. By the same token I will never believe the league planned to help Dallas win that Cup, or that refs favor one team or another at the behest of the league. I can't believe any of that and continue to be a fan. Head in sand? Mayhaps.

Okay so the number drawing is complete;y random. But we never see what number combinations are assigned to what teams. So 3-5-8-11 = Colorado? How do we know that?

exactly, they need to make the range of numbers assigned to each team public.... imagine the drama.... it's like everybody playing lotto at home watching the drawing on TV..... first ball up... yes! still in it.... second ball, yeah!.... third ball.... , Hanifin it is.... 

Well, well, isn't this an interesting microcosm of the world today.

The self-anointed elite have determined for themselves what is so, and are pre-emptively insulting and belittling those whose point-of-view is different.  The self-determined intellectually superior, the self-proclaimed tolerant, are so clever and so open-minded they are shutting out possibilities.

And why?  Because these possible realities simply don't mesh with their world-view, their values, the thoughts that keep them comfortable.

Using the media, and this is media, they announce their position, and belittle any opposing view, forcing the casual observer to make a choice:  do I want to be belittled by contradicting the self-anointed elite?  Do I want to be "that guy" whom the self-declared brain-trust descends upon with vitriol and scorn because I do not agree with their conclusions.  The weak will, and do, cave to this.

Unlike politics, what is there to gain in defending the NHL (willy nilly)?  Nothing, other than it reinforces the value-set of those defending it, reinforces their self-begotten social position, reinforces a pecking-order.

Whatever.  The evidence is clear.  There is no way to determine whether this lottery drawing is honest or manipulated.  No way.  And there are compelling arguments for either side. 

But, if you choose to not believe it is legit, be prepared to be mocked, insulted and run down until you change your mind - that is the American way! 

But, if you choose to not believe it is legit, be prepared to be mocked, insulted and run down until you change your mind - that is the American way! 

I can't tell how much of that is sarcasm, but it is the American way to not understand math and blame disappointments on other people.

Well, well, isn't this an interesting microcosm of the world today.

The self-anointed elite have determined for themselves what is so, and are pre-emptively insulting and belittling those whose point-of-view is different.  The self-determined intellectually superior, the self-proclaimed tolerant, are so clever and so open-minded they are shutting out possibilities.

And why?  Because these possible realities simply don't mesh with their world-view, their values, the thoughts that keep them comfortable.

Using the media, and this is media, they announce their position, and belittle any opposing view, forcing the casual observer to make a choice:  do I want to be belittled by contradicting the self-anointed elite?  Do I want to be "that guy" whom the self-declared brain-trust descends upon with vitriol and scorn because I do not agree with their conclusions.  The weak will, and do, cave to this.

Unlike politics, what is there to gain in defending the NHL (willy nilly)?  Nothing, other than it reinforces the value-set of those defending it, reinforces their self-begotten social position, reinforces a pecking-order.

Whatever.  The evidence is clear.  There is no way to determine whether this lottery drawing is honest or manipulated.  No way.  And there are compelling arguments for either side. 

I enjoy reading your posts sizzle, well done.

Wait, the GMs are there? Tim Murray be all like:

haha. I read somewhere that they are always invited, but stopped going after a while cause they trusted it and didn't want to waste time. Bet more show up this year because of its importance.

Nice video Met  :lol:

I believe GMTM went last year, no?

GMTM walks up to the front of the lotto room, takes the mic from Bettman, stands up on the table, looks directly into the camera and says (without a hint of emotion) "The Buffalo Sabres select Connor ###### McDavid". Drops the mic and walks out of the room.

Way too many words.  I think it's "Buffalo McDavid" and that's it.

And the winner for city who cares most about consolation prize for being worst is... Buffalo.

Well done tankers.  I went bowling; you cheered against home team.  

You deserve great notoriety. 

I rode my bicycle.  I got home just in time to see the Sabres outscore the Hawks 3-2.  So to me, the Sabres beat the Blackhawks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.