How far would you go

dudacek

64 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you go to ensure McEichel?

• I'd order the players to throw games
    • I'd bench Lindback and anyone else who is making a difference
    • I'd let the coaches coach and the players play and let the chips fall where they may

People are melting down in every thread with every save Lindback makes and every scrub Tippett sends over the boards.

Put yourself in Tim Murray's shoes: what would you do?

I've made my position known: as complete a roster makeover as possible. None of the injured players even sniffs coming back. Star players like Ennis and Risto are shelved to prevent injury. Every prospect in the A that we haven't seen is called up to get a look. And we bring in an ECHL goalie as well. 

Gotta be in it to win it. 

GO SABRES!!!

I think this isn't working because you have desperate AHL lifers playing their hearts out; it's not because Lindback is a god, or Murray hasn't manipulated the roster enough. I think if anything Murray may have manipulated it too much. Lazy vets with nothing to play for but a pay check are who you want on your team in a tank job, and we have the opposite of that. There's a very fine balance involved between talent and effort in a tank job, and our scales might be leaning too much one way 

I think this isn't working because you have desperate AHL lifers playing their hearts out; it's not because Lindback is a god, or Murray hasn't manipulated the roster enough. I think if anything Murray may have manipulated it too much. Lazy vets with nothing to play for but a pay check are who you want on your team in a tank job, and we have the opposite of that. There's a very fine balance involved between talent and effort in a tank job, and our scales might be leaning too much one way 

This is a valid point. I wouldn't be above putting barbiturates in their bench water. 

GO SABRES!!!

Have we not suffered enough?  Anything less than McEichel is a complete waste of these last 2-3 years.  They MUST obtain one of those players, at any cost.

Hackett must play 7 games in order to stop him from becoming a free agent (I could care less if he stays, but that is a great excuse to pull Lindback, who I really like).

ALL MANNER OF LOSING GAMES MUST BE EXPLORED.

Let the chips fall where they may. We all know best case scenario for Murray has always been McWhosit but right from the beginning he's said the goal is to get high picks which we will get. These 2 years aren't a waste in my opinion if we don't get McWhosit. But it will hurt.

Paul Hamilton, Sabretooth, Ronan Tynan

Chicken Wing, Celery, Bleu Cheese

Rob Ray, Brad May, Matt Barnaby

Bucky Gleason, Cody Hodgson, The Earl of Bud

Meszaros, Benoit

Benoit, Meszaros

Meszaros, Benoit

Vinz

I like this lineup, although I think I would have to go with carrots as my second line center. Apparently they are cheaper and more cost effective nowadays, and not nearly as good IMO.

Meszaros, Benoit

Benoit, Meszaros

Meszaros, Benoit

Vinz

I'd put Vinz at backup and call Moose up from Rochester.

I wonder if Murray truly wanted to keep Nolan as coach and how much was PR? The organization had just gone through the process of trading Miller, PLF leaving and was in the midst of trying to bottom out. I wonder if some higher ups were worried about a fan base revolt if one of the most beloved coaches in the history of the franchise was not re-signed to a contract extension.

The argument can be made that Murray was given total control of hockey ops and the final decision rested squarely with him.

Who knows?

Meszaros, Benoit

Benoit, Meszaros

Meszaros, Benoit

Vinz

This is inspired! 

But I'd still play Ellis over Tynan just to be safe. 

GO SABRES!!!

The options are too extreme for my tastes--my approach would be to opt for "player evaluation" moves. I'd simply get Hackett his games, maybe sneak a look at Makarov, and send Larsson down to see, I dunno, what Catenacci can do in the NHL. Grigs is an option too, but if he gets NHL time with real linemates I worry he may pull a Larsson on us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.