How far would you go

dudacek

64 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you go to ensure McEichel?

• I'd order the players to throw games
    • I'd bench Lindback and anyone else who is making a difference
    • I'd let the coaches coach and the players play and let the chips fall where they may

Sure, McDavid is fast, but I think that Marner's stick skills are under appreciated by most fans (particularly male fans).  He can do an awful lot in a tight space. 

Marner is fast too, though, and even though both are scoring a lot in the lower leagues, I just think that once they hit the pros, that Marner will appreciate the opportunities more, take his time, and not shoot pre-maturely.

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

I am a sad, pathetic, lonely, weak man. I keep clicking on this thread hoping that the Sam Reinhart chocolate syrup guy has posted something.

Agreed. I didnt read anything after the first sentence ;) aren't we all :)

How about McJesus and Marner? Huh,uwitme.

Edited by 3putt

It's to a point now where I am routing for the Sabres to reach 28th place. I hope Lindback leads this team to a 12-0 record over the final stretch. Watching posters melt down and watching as heads explode will be far more entertaining than anything an alleged savior can bring.

F Nolan. I hope Lindback lets in 5 goals tonight. Watch Nolan ###### his pants and cry like a baby.

Go Redskins!  Tee hee.

Talk about sexy, though, eh ladies?!  I'd wear my Teddy in beddy for Nolan, for sure, till he conquered it off of me.  What a Man!

Edited by Anna Akhmatova

It's to a point now where I am routing for the Sabres to reach 28th place. I hope Lindback leads this team to a 12-0 record over the final stretch. Watching posters melt down and watching as heads explode will be far more entertaining than anything an alleged savior can bring.

Not even remotely surprising.

Not even remotely surprising.

The only surprise is that more posters don't feel the same way I do. To sit back and watch the entire idea of being a Sabre Fan bastardized just isn't in my nature. I guess it is part for some. Many of us haven't put in 40+ years with this team just to end up rooting for the franchise to just lay down and die. No player is worth that not even the next Crosby or whoever. Edited by DeLuca1967

The only surprise is that more posters don't feel the same way I do. To sit back and watch the entire idea of being a Sabre Fan bastardized just isn't in my nature. I guess it is part for some. Many of us haven't put in 40+ years with this team just to end up rooting for the franchise to just lay down and die. No player is worth that not even the next Crosby or whoever.

:lol:

You state you will get more enjoyment watching fellow fans miserable for a few days rather than watch McEichel in B&G for the next decade.  That is truly worth the price of admission to this site.  :thumbsup:

The only surprise is that more posters don't feel the same way I do. To sit back and watch the entire idea of being a Sabre Fan bastardized just isn't in my nature. I guess it is part for some. Many of us haven't put in 40+ years with this team just to end up rooting for the franchise to just lay down and die. No player is worth that not even the next Crosby or whoever.

There's a fine line between laying down and doing the strategically right thing for the franchise in both the short and long term. Finishing to ensure a shot at one of the top two players is nothing to be ashamed of if it helps your team. Amassing meaningless points in meaningless games with a team half full of players that don't figure in your long term plans does when it's not in your best interest is just strategically stupid. I have yet to see a compelling argument to the contrary. 

GO SABRES!!!

You state you will get more enjoyment watching fellow fans miserable for a few days rather than watch McEichel in B&G for the next decade. That is truly worth the price of admission to this site. :thumbsup:

Well and there's also the meaningless wins the Sabres would rack up along the way before the end of the year. Right up there with May Day and Drury in OT I tell ya!

The only surprise is that more posters don't feel the same way I do. To sit back and watch the entire idea of being a Sabre Fan bastardized just isn't in my nature. I guess it is part for some. Many of us haven't put in 40+ years with this team just to end up rooting for the franchise to just . No player is worth that not even the next Crosby or whoever.

That's the very thing though. How can you label yourself a fan if you're not invested in the team's long-term future? There's no future in winning games for the rest of this season. There's no moral points awarded by the NHL, they're just stats at this point. Plus, after rooting for the Sabres for 40+ years, how can you call yourself a fan if you think your sense of loyalty will be compromised over the results of the next 12 games? Lastly, what exactly is this "lay down and die" hyperbole you speak of?

The reactions to points here is my only entertainment,.  Freaking hysterical.

I was pro rebuild, but anti-tank.  Hate the obvious losing on purpose.  Whatever happens, happens AFAIAC.  But the reactions in here to points gained against hated foes prompted my signature.  That #### is worthy of a cover charge.

Is this something? I didn't root for the scabs who played for the Bills that time. They weren't the Bills. Can I think of these guys as not the Sabres? How many current players will be on this team during the next playoff appearance? I don't know, I'm grasping now.

Sure, McDavid is fast, but I think that Marner's stick skills are under appreciated by most fans (particularly male fans).  He can do an awful lot in a tight space. 

Marner is fast too, though, and even though both are scoring a lot in the lower leagues, I just think that once they hit the pros, that Marner will appreciate the opportunities more, take his time, and not shoot pre-maturely.

This is a 17-year-old kid. Didn't Drane get banned for less?  :ph34r:

Thank you. It's not what I really want, but a growing part of me is saying ###### yeah!

Edited by dudacek

You state you will get more enjoyment watching fellow fans miserable for a few days rather than watch McEichel in B&G for the next decade.  That is truly worth the price of admission to this site.   :thumbsup:

I don't consider those routing for last place "fellow fans."

That's the very thing though. How can you label yourself a fan if you're not invested in the team's long-term future? There's no future in winning games for the rest of this season. There's no moral points awarded by the NHL, they're just stats at this point. Plus, after rooting for the Sabres for 40+ years, how can you call yourself a fan if you think your sense of loyalty will be compromised over the results of the next 12 games? Lastly, what exactly is this "lay down and die" hyperbole you speak of?

"The future" doesn't rely on 1 draft. As the man said, "don't believe the hype." This season is dirty, wrong and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It didn't have to be this way. I look at the Calgary Flames and they somehow managed to turn their team over without subjecting their fans to what ever you want to call what's happening here. Putting the future of this franchise on the shoulder of 1 pick smells of desperation. I truly hope whichever kid they end up is prepared to carry this franchise on his back. Anything less and the kid will be crucified by masses. It's not that he may be the next Crosby, it's he has to be the next Crosby. One luxury the Savior will not have is fan patience.

I know I am a crusty old-timer. I still remember a time where finishing dead last was a source of embarrassment and doing it back to back seasons wasn't even fathomable. Not sure when it became some badge of honor fans are willing to wear. Again, it just feels dirty.

Edited by DeLuca1967

I don't consider those routing for last place "fellow fans."

"The future" doesn't rely on 1 draft. As the man said, "don't believe the hype." This season is dirty, wrong and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It didn't have to be this way. I look at the Calgary Flames and they somehow managed to turn their team over without subjecting their fans to what ever you want to call what's happening here. Putting the future of this franchise on the shoulder of 1 pick smells of desperation. I truly hope whichever kid they end up is prepared to carry this franchise on his back. Anything less and the kid will be crucified by masses. It's not that he may be the next Crosby, it's he has to be the next Crosby. One luxury the Savior will not have is fan patience.

I know I am a crusty old-timer. I still remember a time where finishing dead last was a source of embarrassment and doing it back to back seasons wasn't even fathomable. Not sure when it became some badge of honor fans are willing to wear. Again, it just feels dirty.

Give me a ####ing break w/ the holier than thou attitude.

Because this isn't what you were posting 2 years ago, right?

Sabres catch a break, Flyers beat Bruins leap over the Sabres into 26th place. Go Flyers! Now if only the Flames can get their act together 28th place is all ours. Go Flames!

But that was contrarian 2 years ago (& nearly certainly searches from earlier than that would turn up the same sentiment from you) so somehow it was good back then, but bad now.

"Go Flyers!"  Nice quote. 

Mr. "I'd be willing to pay any price to see the Sabres enter next years draft with two of the top picks."  Where is your outrage towards that statement?  I'm sure you've got some other reason for the about face, but the most logical one would be that you're ticked about possibly getting McEichel in the year you predicted playoffs for this squad.

Can't recall seeing anyone state that the current state of the Sabres isn't embarrassing; it is.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  And you'd rather be pissed at your fellow fans than look towards that light.  Most everybody knew this season had "trainwreck" written all over it.  Some tried to laugh, some got ticked, and some went away; but whether you believe it or not; nobody likes this season and we're all looking forward to better times.

I am hoping that this team ends up w/ 1/2 of McEichel because regardless of the final outcome of any particular season, the Sabres will be more entertaining w/ one than w/out.  And if it isn't entertaining, what's the point?

Once again, your posts are worth the price of admission.  Thanks for the laugh. :thumbsup:

But that was contrarian 2 years ago (& nearly certainly searches from earlier than that would turn up the same sentiment from you) so somehow it was good back then, but bad now.

"Go Flyers!"  Nice quote. 

Mr. "I'd be willing to pay any price to see the Sabres enter next years draft with two of the top picks."  Where is your outrage towards that statement?  I'm sure you've got some other reason for the about face, but the most logical one would be that you're ticked about possibly getting McEichel in the year you predicted playoffs for this squad.

Can't recall seeing anyone state that the current state of the Sabres isn't embarrassing; it is.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  And you'd rather be pissed at your fellow fans than look towards that light.  Most everybody knew this season had "trainwreck" written all over it.  Some tried to laugh, some got ticked, and some went away; but whether you believe it or not; nobody likes this season and we're all looking forward to better times.

I am hoping that this team ends up w/ 1/2 of McEichel because regardless of the final outcome of any particular season, the Sabres will be more entertaining w/ one than w/out.  And if it isn't entertaining, what's the point?

Once again, your posts are worth the price of admission.  Thanks for the laugh. :thumbsup:

Taro with the pure ether...

No, really... This post goes directly into the Sabrespace hall of fame. There has been a lot of the "holier than thou" stuff going on, but nobody does it like DeLuca does it.

Seriously, what in the world is this new act by him? Going bonkers in multiple threads to let everybody know that he hopes the team starts winning purely so he can get his rocks off on others' disappointment. Hoping the team falls short of their goals and gets lesser talent in the draft just because he has a strange obsession with seeing others rooting for the exact same franchise feel discontent? Yikes... Either he's miserable or not actually a fan.

Edited by Tank

"Go Flyers!" Nice quote.

Mr. "I'd be willing to pay any price to see the Sabres enter next years draft with two of the top picks." Where is your outrage towards that statement? I'm sure you've got some other reason for the about face, but the most logical one would be that you're ticked about possibly getting McEichel in the year you predicted playoffs for this squad.

Can't recall seeing anyone state that the current state of the Sabres isn't embarrassing; it is. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. And you'd rather be pissed at your fellow fans than look towards that light. Most everybody knew this season had "trainwreck" written all over it. Some tried to laugh, some got ticked, and some went away; but whether you believe it or not; nobody likes this season and we're all looking forward to better times.

I am hoping that this team ends up w/ 1/2 of McEichel because regardless of the final outcome of any particular season, the Sabres will be more entertaining w/ one than w/out. And if it isn't entertaining, what's the point?

Once again, your posts are worth the price of admission. Thanks for the laugh. :thumbsup:

Kaboom!

Let's not kid ourselves, there's has been a lot of holier than thou from both sides. The fact that there is so much debate on this tells me there is something inherently wrong with the plan, but. whatever. We're here.

As to the original poll question, it doesn't look like I'm going to have to go anywhere. This team is awful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.