How far would you go

dudacek

64 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you go to ensure McEichel?

• I'd order the players to throw games
    • I'd bench Lindback and anyone else who is making a difference
    • I'd let the coaches coach and the players play and let the chips fall where they may

Let's not kid ourselves, there's has been a lot of holier than thou from both sides. The fact that there is so much debate on this tells me there is something inherently wrong with the plan, but. whatever. We're here.

As to the original poll question, it doesn't look like I'm going to have to go anywhere. This team is awful.

C'mon now, no matter what the team does there's going to be a huge amount of debate about whether it's right until there are results on the ice. A less extreme rebuild where we're really bad but not dreadful would be just as controversial. If your measure of the quality of any particular plan is the level of debate, then every plan sucks.

Is this something? I didn't root for the scabs who played for the Bills that time. They weren't the Bills. Can I think of these guys as not the Sabres? How many current players will be on this team during the next playoff appearance? I don't know, I'm grasping now.

Thank you.  Someone has finally found a way to make me ok with this horror show of a season.  It took until the first day of Spring, but someone did it.

C'mon now, no matter what the team does there's going to be a huge amount of debate about whether it's right until there are results on the ice. A less extreme rebuild where we're really bad but not dreadful would be just as controversial. If your measure of the quality of any particular plan is the level of debate, then every plan sucks.

You don't really believe that this is just another season with the usual amount of conversation/debate about the decisions being made, do you?!

If so, I gotta give a big :blink:  to that.

You don't really believe that this is just another season with the usual amount of conversation/debate about the decisions being made, do you?!

If so, I gotta give a big :blink: to that.

I wasn't around here when the team was good, but I honestly don't think there's any more debate or vitriol being tossed around now than when Ruff/Regier was all the rage, or the back and forth about whether the end of season runs were representative of real improvement, or whether we should keep trying to build around the same core, etc. Hell, that losing the next 11 is best for the team at this point is probably the closest thing to a consensus I've seen since joining the board.

I wasn't around here when the team was good, but I honestly don't think there's any more debate or vitriol being tossed around now than when Ruff/Regier was all the rage, or the back and forth about whether the end of season runs were representative of real improvement, or whether we should keep trying to build around the same core, etc. Hell, that losing the next 11 is best for the team at this point is probably the closest thing to a consensus I've seen since joining the board.

This is a season unlike any of us (the fans, coaches, players, etc) has ever seen before. This is an undeniable fact.

I thought last year was pretty similar :nana:

I really just don't think the bitching amongst fans is any worse than at other controversial points in the team's history.

No offence, but I think you are wrong on both counts.

I can't remember a time, ever, when so much BS was directed at other members of this board.

I thought last year was pretty similar :nana:

I really just don't think the bitching amongst fans is any worse than at other controversial points in the team's history.

No offence, but I think you are wrong on both counts.

I can't remember a time, ever, when so much BS was directed at other members of this board.

Stormcloud and kittens was rather unbearable at times as well, IMHO.

Stormcloud and kittens was rather unbearable at times as well, IMHO.

It was, but at least then everyone was happy when the team won.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but nobody is going to change my mind on this. This has been the worst season ever, in every way, ever.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but nobody is going to change my mind on this. This has been the worst season ever, in every way, ever.

You sure about that? (Legit Q, not intentionally being a wise arse.) Seems to me there were some posts from a guy w/ Eddie tats that wasn't happy about it. Doubt he was the only one.

:lol:

Give me a ####ing break w/ the holier than thou attitude.

Because this isn't what you were posting 2 years ago, right?

But that was contrarian 2 years ago (& nearly certainly searches from earlier than that would turn up the same sentiment from you) so somehow it was good back then, but bad now.

"Go Flyers!"  Nice quote. 

Mr. "I'd be willing to pay any price to see the Sabres enter next years draft with two of the top picks."  Where is your outrage towards that statement?  I'm sure you've got some other reason for the about face, but the most logical one would be that you're ticked about possibly getting McEichel in the year you predicted playoffs for this squad.

Can't recall seeing anyone state that the current state of the Sabres isn't embarrassing; it is.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  And you'd rather be pissed at your fellow fans than look towards that light.  Most everybody knew this season had "trainwreck" written all over it.  Some tried to laugh, some got ticked, and some went away; but whether you believe it or not; nobody likes this season and we're all looking forward to better times.

I am hoping that this team ends up w/ 1/2 of McEichel because regardless of the final outcome of any particular season, the Sabres will be more entertaining w/ one than w/out.  And if it isn't entertaining, what's the point?

Once again, your posts are worth the price of admission.  Thanks for the laugh. :thumbsup:

I guess two seasons of watching the worst version of this franchise in it's 40+ year history changed my perspective. I was wrong, this price is not worth any player. These past two seasons haven't instilled hope but drained the enjoyment out of being a Sabre fan. There is no relief holding onto a dream of some magical player appearing in the blue and gold and everything will be all right. Light at the end of tunnels more often than not end up being trains. Selling your soul in theory ends up feeling far different when it's actually happening. I'm disgusted at what's been happening and disgusted with myself for once thinking that this could possibly be the answer. It was fool's gold then and fool's gold today.

And we both know how fans are. Like Sammy Watkins carrying the cost of two #1 picks, whoever the savior ends up being is going to carry these past two seasons with him. Fans can deny it, deep down inside they know it to be true.

I am glad I entertain, it is the primary purpose of the board. But make no mistake, everything I post comes 100% from the heart and is 100% what I feel. I can say this with pride.

Edited by DeLuca1967

There is nothing redeemable about this season. I don't think anyone ever imagined it would end up like this, be this bad and difficult to watch. There's just no hockey talk any more. I turn on WGR and it's all about the "tank." Lindback is carrying a .930 save percentage and the Sabres may have played spoiler to a rivals playoff chances and all you hear or read is how it hurts the chances of the "tanks" success.

If it happens it happens, it's unavoidable. That doesn't mean I'm going enjoy it or cheer for it.

You sure about that? (Legit Q, not intentionally being a wise arse.) Seems to me there were some posts from a guy w/ Eddie tats that wasn't happy about it. Doubt he was the only one.

You continually prove you know nothing about me or have the slightest understanding of what I have been saying all this time. Maybe the bliss you feel is your own ignorance. Something to think about. Edited by DeLuca1967

I have to admit this is the first time in my lifetime that I'm hoping my team loses. That in itself is proof that this has been a horrendous year. Even last year I was hoping for wins. Is it the allure or possible BS that there are 2 generational players in this draft??? I'm sure there is because before I die, I want a Buffalo team to win a championship. Not miss a FG, not have a 4-2 loss to the Flyers, not have some BS goal called good because my paranoia says they just don't want us to win over Dallas. I want the momentary glory that comes from my team winning it all.

So back to McEichel, yes I want to finish this aberation of a season by losing and hopefully getting back to being a real fan and wanting progression and winning to be the goal.

Edited by jsb

I guess two seasons of watching the worst version of this franchise in it's 40+ year history changed my perspective. I was wrong, this price is not worth any player. These past two seasons haven't instilled hope but drained the enjoyment out of being a Sabre fan. There is no relief holding onto a dream of some magical player appearing in the blue and gold and everything will be all right. Light at the end of tunnels more often than not end up being trains. Selling your soul in theory ends up feeling far different when it's actually happening. I'm disgusted at what's been happening and disgusted with myself for once thinking that this could possibly be the answer. It was fool's gold then and fool's gold today.

And we both know how fans are. Like Sammy Watkins carrying the cost of two #1 picks, whoever the savior ends up being is going to carry these past two seasons with him. Fans can deny it, deep down inside they know it to be true.

I am glad I entertain, it is the primary purpose of the board. But make no mistake, everything I post comes 100% from the heart and is 100% what I feel. I can say this with pride.

There is nothing redeemable about this season. I don't think anyone ever imagined it would end up like this, be this bad and difficult to watch. There's just no hockey talk any more. I turn on WGR and it's all about the "tank." Lindback is carrying a .930 save percentage and the Sabres may have played spoiler to a rivals playoff chances and all you hear or read is how it hurts the chances of the "tanks" success.

If it happens it happens, it's unavoidable. That doesn't mean I'm going enjoy it or cheer for it.

You continually prove you know nothing about me or have the slightest understanding of what I have been saying all this time. Maybe the bliss you feel is your own ignorance. Something to think about.

If you weren't happy about the losses, my bad; perhaps you weren't, but you were definitely pulling for crash and burn and the only way to crash and burn is to lose. I'd expect you can forgive the inference.

If you weren't happy about the losses, my bad; perhaps you weren't, but you were definitely pulling for crash and burn and the only way to crash and burn is to lose. I'd expect you can forgive the inference.

I was pulling for a change of those in charge of the direction of the franchise and a turnover of the roster. The problem is those changes came way too late which is why we are here where we are today. The was a period of time where the Sabres could have unloaded, Vanek, Miller and Pominville and the return didn't have to be prospects and picks. I believe most felt the core stayed intact way too long.

We are where we, it didn't have to be this way. No turning back now. I realize that, I guess when I was calling for this franchise to be torn down to the studs, I didn't realize how ugly it would get and how empty I would feel. I mean this 100% from the heart, this season and last has taken a lot of of me as far as being a Sabre fan. I watched last nights game and I doubt I said five words during the game. Just a lot of sighs and head shakes according to my wife. It will likely be the last game I watch for the rest of the year.

I was pulling for a change of those in charge of the direction of the franchise and a turnover of the roster. The problem is those changes came way too late which is why we are here where we are today. The was a period of time where the Sabres could have unloaded, Vanek, Miller and Pominville and the return didn't have to be prospects and picks. I believe most felt the core stayed intact way too long.We are where we, it didn't have to be this way. No turning back now. I realize that, I guess when I was calling for this franchise to be torn down to the studs, I didn't realize how ugly it would get and how empty I would feel. I mean this 100% from the heart, this season and last has taken a lot of of me as far as being a Sabre fan. I watched last nights game and I doubt I said five words during the game. Just a lot of sighs and head shakes according to my wife. It will likely be the last game I watch for the rest of the year.

This is where I think you are wrong. The return for the players you mention, was always prospects and picks. They simply weren't valuable enough to return difference makers. We traded Myers + to get a difference maker, in theory, and the assets needed to sweeten the deal were not available on the farm when we needed to move Vanek, Miller et al. They were not resigning here.

This was not and has never been about one player. You like to repeat that mantra because it fits your narrative. The suffering is about clearing out the old, ineffective core and replacing it with a new effective one. Girgs, Reinhart, Kane, Risto, Zadorov, Bogosian plus the promise of Fasching, Baptiste, Grigo is the current fruit of it. One or two pieces will come this summer be it McJesus and a vet or more young assets that can be used to obtain more. So if you continue to look at the current state as a a focused effort to get one player, feel free, that is your choice. But the reality is we are at the end of the tear down and the rebuild is under way. The most expeditious path to respectability will be a top 2 pick to ADD TO the the new young core. I cheer for the laundry, and for too long the talent wearing it was not sufficient to win championships. Proof? We have none. I am glad they took a longer view and made a,clean sweep. No matter who we draft in June.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.