GDT: Buffalo @ Bahston, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN

WildCard

Not a team I hate more in the NHL than Boston. With that being said I expect Buffalo to get taken to the woodshed. Sabres in the second game of a B2B and the Bruins coming off being shut out. But if Marchand leaves the game not knowing who he is, then win or lose, the game will be worthwhile.

Ahhh, good old Beantownl  How I love Boston and their teams.    If Bostoners want to celebrate their precious Patriots there, they ought to go out  and shovel some more snow, the jerks!  Maybe pour some green food coloring on it in honor of St. Patty's Day?  LOL

Tank can wait tonight -  hoping for an upset.   

I hope he breaks Marchand's face and gets suspended for the rest of the season.

I would love to see someone drive a nice solid punch straight onto that big beak of his!   It's a tempting target.    He and Lucic are probably two of the biggest lowlifes in professional sports.  One poster here, last season, deemed them "some of the worst human beings there are"   and I think that's an accurate assessment.    

Ahhh, good old Beantownl How I love Boston and their teams. If Bostoners want to celebrate their precious Patriots there, they ought to go out and shovel some more snow, the jerks! Maybe pour some green food coloring on it in honor of St. Patty's Day? LOL

Tank can wait tonight - hoping for an upset.

No. Loosing tonight goes a long ways in helping beat them tomorrow (the next 15 years).

and getting at least a point would be even better

For whom?  If you don't like Boston and, therefore, want to keep them from getting points, then that's fine.  Heck, say that you want the Sabres to play tough enough to at least force overtime.  That's understandable, too.  I would disagree, but I could understand where you are coming from (I don't think anti-tankers are wrong even though I don't share their beliefs).  But, getting a point (say, losing in OT) would do absolutely nothing good for anyone (outside of Arizona and Edmonton). 

It's the same way that I have felt in the last month or so, when players and Nolan would say things like, "it was good to get the two points tonight."  No, it wasn't.  It might have been good for the room and some fans to get the win, but you're out of the playoffs; it was decidedly not good to the two points!

Edited by carpandean

Effing NBCSN game again.  At least the schedule-makers were kind enough to put this one on a night when many will already be drinking to take the edge off.

These are the only games that I get to see.  Last night I watched an entire period/OT/SO of Sabres hockey....of course it had to be a game where they wore those awful 3rds.

St. Pats Day, Boston vs Buffalo, with the drop of the puck to start the game,  they have a full scale brawl, just like in Slap Shot, now that would be entertaining , and rooting for the Sabres to lose, especially Boston, is just sick, I want the Sabres to win every time out, but to get at least a point, and take one away from the Bruins is

almost as good in my book

Edited by rumblefish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.