Grigorenko

DirtDart

I don't understand the adulation for ror, he has 12 freekin goals this year! We have a latvian ror with better upside on the roster already. But everyone wants to overpay for him and move Gus to the wing? Puzzling.

I don't understand the adulation for ror, he has 12 freekin goals this year! We have a latvian ror with better upside on the roster already. But everyone wants to overpay for him and move Gus to the wing? Puzzling.

I agree. Not only will it cost a ton in assets but he's going to demand $7+ million per year for most of the next decade and if we are somehow able to get McEichel he'd be our 3 line center or play left wing where we already have Kane, Moulson, Ennis, Foligno, and Deslauriers. I'd pass on him too.

Let's say Zemgus turns into exactly what O'Reilly is. You wouldn't want two of that?

Let's say Zemgus turns into exactly what O'Reilly is. You wouldn't want two of that?

I think the argument is that one currently costs us peanuts, whereas the other is expcted to cost $7MM+ per. At that scratch, we could probably sign a guy to score 60ish points and score 20 a season.

I think the argument is that one currently costs us peanuts, whereas the other is expcted to cost $7MM+ per. At that scratch, we could probably sign a guy to score 60ish points and score 20 a season.

In theory, sure. How many 1st line players hit free agency these days? I know in a vacuum O'Reilly's contract demands may be too high...but he could be available, as opposed to hypothetical 60 point player.

In theory, sure. How many 1st line players hit free agency these days? I know in a vacuum O'Reilly's contract demands may be too high...but he could be available, as opposed to hypothetical 60 point player.

He doesn't seem like 1st line though, is he? I'm with the other posters, he'd be nice if at the end of next year we weren't having a contract fight looking for Toews money for 2nd (or 3rd!) line performance.

He doesn't seem like 1st line though, is he? I'm with the other posters, he'd be nice if at the end of next year we weren't having a contract fight looking for Toews money for 2nd (or 3rd!) line performance.

50 points is the new cutoff for what could be considered an average 1st line player (from a purely statistical standpoint). The Rangers might be the best team in the league, and their #1 center may not end up with 60 points. I wouldn't want O'Reilly being the best player on my 1st line...but he's definitely not out of place there.

As an aside, is there anybody left who doesn't think there's anything wrong in the NHL when 1st liners get 50 points? Anyone?

As an aside, is there anybody left who doesn't think there's anything wrong in the NHL when 1st liners get 50 points? Anyone?

It sure makes it tough when you are trying to discuss and define what line a player slots in.

O'Reilly plays on the first line of at least half the teams in this league.

It sure makes it tough when you are trying to discuss and define what line a player slots in.

O'Reilly plays on the first line of at least half the teams in this league.

Where does his slot in for us though? That's what Murray should be concerned with and it should dictate how much he would offer in a trade and how much he would be willing to pay him. I don't think he's worth it for us but I guess we'll see this summer.

Where does his slot in for us though? That's what Murray should be concerned with and it should dictate how much he would offer in a trade and how much he would be willing to pay him. I don't think he's worth it for us but I guess we'll see this summer.

Immediately? We'd look something like this:

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis

Moulson-Reinhart-Girgensons

That's not a bad top-6. although we have left handed shots *everywhere* :lol:

Immediately? We'd look something like this:

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis

Moulson-Reinhart-Girgensons

That's not a bad top-6. although we have left handed shots *everywhere* :lol:

Moulson and Reinhart need to play with puck carriers, not each other.

I keep thinking Samson and Kane are made for each other.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.