Tyler Ennis: Better Than Ever

LGR4GM

Am I the only person who thinks Tyler Ennis' game has improved leaps and bounds over what it was.  He seems so much more creative and engaging in plays. The more offensive pressure put on him the more he responds with creativity and good plays.  Am I wrong or has Ennis taken a large step forward?

I agree. It seems like Ennis has really bought into the hard work mantra. He's taking the body in the corners (as well as he can), skating hard, and really "feeling it" when it comes to offense. If we're keeping one small top-6, he's it.

He's taking the body in the corners (as well as he can)

...and lately he's been delivering some BIG hits. I think he's learned to kind of submarine the taller players to put them on their butts in the corner. Hip-on-hip, but if he squats a bit he's under the other guy's center of gravity.

I think it came from being on the line with Girgs much of the year. He's a hard worker too, and skilled enough to inspire Ennis to believe they'll be there for each other. A while back there was just no continuity in the offense. Gigrensons's tenacity and Ennis's puck handling keep a lot of plays going. And even with Girgs out, Ennis is carrying on with that style.

I still think he needs to shoot more often, but yes he does create opportunities.

Agree but what they really need on the Girgs/Ennis line is a finisher. Maybe Moulson?

Am I the only person who thinks Tyler Ennis' game has improved leaps and bounds over what it was.  He seems so much more creative and engaging in plays. The more offensive pressure put on him the more he responds with creativity and good plays.  Am I wrong or has Ennis taken a large step forward?

He has definitley improved every year. Imagine how good he will be with legitimate line mates. He is trying to do everything on his own right now.

This I'd agree with.  I noticed it in last night's "game".  He wasn't afraid of taking a hit, in order to make the play.

He has been throwing hits as well, more this year than any. He is playing angry.

Am I the only person who thinks Tyler Ennis' game has improved leaps and bounds over what it was. He seems so much more creative and engaging in plays. The more offensive pressure put on him the more he responds with creativity and good plays. Am I wrong or has Ennis taken a large step forward?

You're not wrong.

He has.

Signed,

Ennis Doubter

I'm definitely an Ennis fan.  He has improved and I think he will get better as the team around him improves and it allows him even more space to create.  He has played far more physical but he's knocked off the puck less and less now.  I think he's going to be a very important piece on this team when they improve overall.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.